It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia update?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Question for the Australians. What is the situation with the fires ?

Cheers

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Well, from my perspective on the upper northern coastal region of New South Wales. Fire, wipes out mostly everything, flooding rains last month turn everything to mud, greening everywhere now then the flamin virus and my insurance company is holding out (methinks stock market crash).

But otherwise still smiling.

Bally

Edit: Rain across the country has extinguished fires.

edit on 23-3-2020 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

"Good" to hear, Bally. At least the fires are not a current threat.

Yeah, I hear you about the piling on of issues. If the world doesn't stop the spin soon, it will turn into a vortex.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I think I can be quite confident in stating, that pretty much all Australians, have had quite enough 2020.
Personally, I vote for a do'over.

AL

edit on 23 3 2020 by Artlogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Miley Cyrus cancels bush-fire relief concert amid corona virus concerns.
Miley

Other than this extremely painful news, the bush-fire crisis is over.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I'm on the little island.. It's pretty quiet here so far, everyone has stripped the stores and holed up unless they have to anywhere. Our gov has closed all non essential services, about 1 million people will have no job by the end of the month. They're giving us lots of bonus $ to sit home on the internet, watch the news, and grow plants.

Our government has let the bottom of the stock market fall, and has tonight announced that they made a mistake bailing out the banks in the GFC. Is there anything else that can burn?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018
Miley

Thank # for t h at @ no miley virus.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The fires have ceased, but there are still many people and towns affected by them.

The loss of jobs is insane, and the major sporting codes are all suspended (same all over the planet)
And today i read that we might run out of beer

Now I'm wondering where was all the intelligence and forcasting relating to this outnreak. Seems there was some time.
We live on an island, imagine if we closed all incoming visitors immediately and screened any returns and imports thoroughly before we had a single case.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artlogic

I think I can be quite confident in stating, that pretty much all Australians, have had quite enough 2020.
Personally, I vote for a do'over.

AL

I had to walk to the chemist earlier today, and people walking past me, mouth open breathing, god knows who was with what. I'd make a wide arc around them, but they'd just walk on by from behind. Complete ignorance. And then, the clincher... a woman pushing a pram, scouring the ground for ciggy buts. I mean, really? jesus christ...

people.. if it weren't for people we'd not be in the situation.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Miley

Thank god for small mercies.. besides, I'm sure she'd bring a plethora of other viruses with her anyway.. skanky rank thing she is.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: kangawoo
The fires have ceased, but there are still many people and towns affected by them.

The loss of jobs is insane, and the major sporting codes are all suspended (same all over the planet)
And today i read that we might run out of beer

Now I'm wondering where was all the intelligence and forcasting relating to this outnreak. Seems there was some time.
We live on an island, imagine if we closed all incoming visitors immediately and screened any returns and imports thoroughly before we had a single case.

That's racist !!!!111

You can't be a true Aussie, if you don't have a homebrew kit. And a sneaky still..

Uhh, to make sterilising alcohol, for home made hand sanitiser.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrustedTruth

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Miley

Thank god for small mercies.. besides, I'm sure she'd bring a plethora of other viruses with her anyway.. skanky rank thing she is.

Sure, but killer legs and a$$. (Oh no was that sexist in 2020 or just normal male attraction).

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TrustedTruth
That sounds like zombie invasion!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Checkout isle creepers right behind ya shoulder.....always irritated me, now it makes me feel, well, a bit stabby.
I swear one day Ima throw a blind elbow back there....

My luck.....be someone's nanna.....

edit on 23 3 2020 by Artlogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MadMegs
That sounds like zombie invasion!

Night of the People...

I wouldn't be able to watch it, It'd give me nightmares.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artlogic

Checkout isle creepers right behind ya shoulder.....always irritated me, now it makes me feel, well, a bit stabby.
I swear one day Ima throw a blind elbow back there....

My luck.....be someone's nanna.....

I hate them no matter where they are. But if I were to ever commit a stabbery, it would likely be on one of those creatures.

Had one where I worked years ago.. I'm alone in the office googling solutions to a problem with a PC and I swing my chair around and there he was... right behind me, standing there, just looking at my monitor... silently, bar the soft nose whistle that I now realise had been there all along.

you know the sort...

"Jesus, you scared crap out of me."
"What you doing?"

edit on 23-3-2020 by TrustedTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Creatures is an apt description....

Creepy creatures lurkin at the coles checkout.

I wonder if its possible to injure someone with an impulse buy mars bar, I mean they're right there......

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Many Australians are suffering immensely from disaster fatigue. There are people, even those not directly affected by the fires, that are suffering symptoms of PTSD just from what they witnessed happened to their fellow Aussies and their beloved wildlife - now we face a global pandemic. Mental health problems are lurking just below the surface, that is for sure.

On the plus side, the land is regenerating.

As habitats regenerate, wildlife on fire-stricken Kangaroo Island are beginning to fend for themselves after feeding stations were set up to protect animals from starvation following the bushfires.

The bushfire appeal was launched by RSPCA South Australia after almost half the island was burnt in January.

Since then, positive signs have shown animals are beginning to find their own food, according to the organisation's Field Operations Manager Melanie Lambert.

7news.com.au...

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   
oh & the climate change acto's have gone into hibernation. Heard it was a combination of supa glue stocks diminishing & social distancing rules meaning only the odd 1 or 2 taking up space on steps of parliament.

top topics

join