It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey r there any paranormal investigators ou there?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I was just wondering how you go about to become one.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You know, thats a good question. Are any of the posters here professionally employed paranormal investigators?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I personaly Have taken alot of intrest in the field and intend to become one myself.

And congradulations Nygdan you are the first peson to post... incase you didn't notice

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I would imagine it would be like starting any other business.
To start you should try and become a private detective. You might have to do some lame stuff like follow wives around for a while, but you will get experience from it. Also you should study all things paranormal. Hit the library and read what is on the net. I know there are listings for 'ghost busters' and such, maybe get in contact with them. Perhaps they can use you.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
thnx..
Ive thought about that but im really not as much intrested in gohsts as much as cattle mutilation n stuff. but ghosts arent that bad

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Cow mutilations are more associated with Ufology. If you would like to talk to someone who knows lots about Cow mutilations look up lizzardsamok. From what I've seen he has done extensive reading on that subject.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
He's on ATS right?
and on the look stuff up on the web... thing

I try to find at least 5 pages of info a week. on assorted subjects.
ive got themall filed and with little pink sticky notes on em!!!
i had binder with hundreds of pages of info but it got thrown out!!!!
so angry!!

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Ever hear of TAPS? The Atlantic Paranormal Society? Go around the East Coast-Mississippi River areas investigating hauntings. Hell were asked by the US Coast Guard to prove a lighthouse wasn't haunted. The Men were afraid to go in to change the lightbulb/make sure the electronics and computers were working because they said it was haunted. The Higher Ups wanted TAPS to prove it wasn't. Well, to bad, it is haunted. Great footage of poltergiest activity, using EMP detectors to follow high energy fields around the light house.

While they have proven a old fashion theater was not haunted, old church wasn't, so forth. But they did prove a old prison was. Great footage of a man appearing from out of nowhere in a big heavy cloak and running down the hall and turning right, as the guards have seen. More EMP stuff, tempature readings, within 99.9999% the place is haunted. Use to have a show on Sci-Fi, but not on lately, maybe making more shows. They are roto-rooter plumbers by day, ghost hunters by night. Wives don't like it much, the men spending all the time on weekends in light houses, prisons, train museum, places like that, but great show.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Sounds like you are well on your way to becomeing a paranormal investigator then

...and yes, lizzardsamok is a ATS member.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
thanx.

Ill contact lizzardsamok when i reach 20 posts
until then ill just respond to random articles with long over elabrote sentances.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
We're already One.

We know for sure. Come back
in a few. Take your time...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I dont do it professionally but do dabble in it from time to time as do several other members.

Mine usually consists of me and a couple family members doing a "Ghost Hunter" like search of a place.

So far we haven't found much worth reporting. I would like to see groups form on this board to check out places in their area and report their findings and have even started several threads trying to drum up an interest in it, so far without any luck

We used to do some remote viewing tests and a couple members scored direct hits on 2-3 of mine. I wont tell there names unless they wish though.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
ssry it took me so long to reply my comp is down.
wow im really ammazed to see that my post became so.. widly viewd!!

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
From what Ive been told there's no little thingy that you can get to become a Professional LOL
I had a teacher last year who was pretty involved in EVP, ITC and other paranormal activity. He's a "professional" I guess a way to become one would be to join some organization like AAEVP (American Association EVP) and just show up to some conventions etc.
From what he told me, its all about making a name for yourself and getting to know ppl in high places etc.

Amuk, what area are you from and what research have you conducted? Ill probably start an EVP/ITC thread sooner or later when I have some good material to put on there.

top topics

join