It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepper's be crazy no more..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Seems all my life while living the prepper lifestyle and while nobody had a clue I was a "crazy prepper"
Whenever the subject would come up in general everyone talked about how crazy "those people" were.

In my own mind I knew what I was doing was right for me & my family it still hurt knowing that so many people were not prepared for the slightest
upset in life.

Now while everyone is scrambling for basic staples and toilet paper I am sitting comfortably at home just weeding the garden and building a new tool shed.

I quit feeling sorry for the general population long ago and it takes a lot of control not to say "I told ya so"!

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Interesting vid, June of last year:

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I feel more sorry for those...
nvm
Who thinks they know what is REALLY going on with all the NEO flybys for the next year who feel sorry for the general population as well.

a reply to: mwood
"We" are being tested.
Good luck

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Well, you can be both crazy and right at the same time

Lots of us have enough on hand to get by who are not necessarily preppers. Some preppers are a little off, but then so am I.

I too have toilet paper and no I won't share.
I'm binge watching crap on TV and enjoying the view of the grove of spruce and the ravens dive bombing the magpie outside my window. When the snow melts entirely and the birch and aspen leaves dry, I'll have a hoard of natural toilet paper. That I will share.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Oh, no, preppers are still nuts. For thinking any amount of "prepping" is enough to live out an actual apocalypse.

Sorry y'all. You're doomed too.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
neo.ssa.esa.int...

None of those are close enough to warrant a warning about, except this one. Wouldn't it be the schitz if one hit a couple of days before election day?

2018VP1 2020-Nov-01 62397km Miss

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Oh, no, preppers are still nuts. For thinking any amount of "prepping" is enough to live out an actual apocalypse.

Sorry y'all. You're doomed too.

In the case of a financial "apocalypse" some of us will be just fine.

There are some of us people who are "nuts" that decided a long time ago to be as self-sufficient as we can.

All the while thinking that people who have to depend on an electric company, a water board or a grocery store are just people waiting in line for their Darwin Award.

Now, I think that this little episode we are having in America right now is just a speed bump and nothing to worry about long-term...

But let's see, shall we?

To the OP...

I'm bumping out the garden a bit, will plant another 20 apple trees and make my pond bigger in these trying times.

edit on 22-3-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Seems like SOL system is in a debris field-

a reply to: HalWesten

edit on 3/22/20 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
We saved a lot of money having a rotating food pantry. Only things we used regularly. we have saved way more than we spent and saved lots more on gas and impulse buying from making trips to the store. It is about seven miles to the store and we used to make a trip to buy something or other almost every day and on top of that, we ate at restaurants a lot before prepping because we did not have stuff in stock to make many full dinners. Over the years we learned to stock everything needed to make our favorite dishes, all we need to do is pull the meat out of the freezer the day before or even in the morning of the day we are going to use it for making supper.

We can make a nice supper for the price of the tip and tax on the same type of dinner when we go out. It isn't cheap to eat out. We can make a grass fed third pound burger with homemade bun and homemade fries with a coffee or soda for about three bucks each person, it costs more to eat at McDonalds and the food is far superior.

But you have to plan your meals, taking out the meat beforehand. Neither the wife or I have any desire to buy store burger, it is not nearly as flavorful.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
LOL Yeah, I feel you.
Even now, when people are scrambling to buy toilet paper, I'm at the local TSC buying seeds.
Emptying the freezer right now, canning meat.

Which really, is a normal thing anyway, this time of year.

Oh, and working on starting some apple seeds, thanks to a kind hearted member of this site.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
While I do have a small part of me that wants to go, How do you like me now...

Mostly I feel sorrow at the struggle, fear, and despair so many are going under.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Sooner or later you gonna need more toilet paper!

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
LOL Yeah, I feel you.
Even now, when people are scrambling to buy toilet paper, I'm at the local TSC buying seeds.
Emptying the freezer right now, canning meat.

Which really, is a normal thing anyway, this time of year.

Oh, and working on starting some apple seeds, thanks to a kind hearted member of this site.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Unless you also own a rice field or wheat field you are never quite self sufficient. I guess you can live off tubers.. but anyway in most cases, nobody is really self sufficient. You will always depend on others for the most part.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Anyone getting tired of throwing Virgins in the Volcano ?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
...I'm bumping out the garden a bit, will plant another 20 apple trees and make my pond bigger in these trying times.

Btw, that's some garden! I live in a couple cubicles

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Don't forget to tap those birches. Birch tonic is a true treat.

It's still to cold here in most spots, but soon I'll be out tapping and checking on my chaga.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
Seems all my life while living the prepper lifestyle and while nobody had a clue I was a "crazy prepper"
Whenever the subject would come up in general everyone talked about how crazy "those people" were.

In my own mind I knew what I was doing was right for me & my family it still hurt knowing that so many people were not prepared for the slightest
upset in life.

Now while everyone is scrambling for basic staples and toilet paper I am sitting comfortably at home just weeding the garden and building a new tool shed.

I quit feeling sorry for the general population long ago and it takes a lot of control not to say "I told ya so"!

If you get any virus..or this virus, prepper has no consequence. Stay well are my wishes for you.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
a reply to: Lumenari

Unless you also own a rice field or wheat field you are never quite self sufficient. I guess you can live off tubers.. but anyway in most cases, nobody is really self sufficient. You will always depend on others for the most part.

My neighbor produces 1600 acres of wheat a year.

I make beer for him out of some of it... we trade.

So not entirely self-sufficient yet, but I'm thinking of putting in a 1/2 acre of wheat in the middle of my 400 acres this year...

What is really killing me right now as far as self-sufficiency goes is that I'm not good at bees.

Once I figure that out I'll be fine.

edit on 22-3-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join