It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily self checks for Covid 19 infection are bogus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Practice safe daily living since you never know what air traffic controller or ICU doctor might use the doorknob or gas handle after you.

Its not the severity of the illness, its the viral load and the rate of infection. We are protecting society not just our grandparents.

If we dont curb its spread it will make a bad situation much worse.

Lets be considerate of the health of others.

Lets do our part big or small.

Be safe out there.

edit on 22-3-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: HelloboysImbackguy

We can do a daily check in the morning by taking a deep breath in a clean air environment and hold it for 10 seconds. If we can do that and not cough or get itchy sensations in our chest then we are clear.

Bull#.

Amid the sea of misinformation circulating social media, a self-check for COVID-19 is popping up on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and WhatsApp. Social media users claim people can test themselves for COVID-19 every day by attempting to hold their breath for 10 seconds.

False claim: Doctors offer advice for preventing COVID-19, symptoms like coughing and fever indicate pulmonary fibrosis, fibrosis is detectable by holding your breath for 10 seconds, drinking water every 15 minutes repels coronavirus

The Claim: Holding your breath for 10 seconds every day can self-check for COVID-19

Link2
edit on 22-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

You are right. My bad. The post will be deleted.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: HelloboysImbackguy
Its not the severity of the illness, its the viral load and the rate of infection. We are protecting society not just our grandparents.

Does that mean if you get infected with a very small amount of virus it isn't nearly as bad as being infected by a bigger exposure?

I was just reading about the 34yr old Chinese Doctor who died from it after getting in trouble with the Chinese Government for making early statements about it. He was awfully young so he must've been exposed to a large amount of virus.

Is that how it works?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

Viral load, also known as viral burden, viral titre or viral titer, is a numerical expression of the quantity of virus in a given volume. It is often expressed as viral particles, or infectious particles per mL

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

You are right. My bad. The post will be deleted.

It should be if you can't even bother to include links. Otherwise it's just cheerleading agenda driven BS.
edit on 22-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

There was nothing to link. I was asking for tips and offering what I had heard. Sorry that you are upset about it.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

You were just trying to offer some helpful info. You edited your thread asap to correct it. People shouldn't be attacking you.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Thanks I appreciate you. I expected this as well though. People here arent very gracious or considerate.

Thats in short supply everywhere sometimes.

No worries. Screw em.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I got new batteries for my ear thermometer.

Funny story. I put the batteries in it and it didn't work. Dammit.

Heh, I was pushing the wrong button. Been so long since I used it I forgot how to work it. And it's not really very complicated.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

You were just trying to offer some helpful info. You edited your thread asap to correct it. People shouldn't be attacking you.

Yeah. He/she actually 180'd both the title and post, instead of doubling down.

I respect that.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

a reply to: ColeYounger

Thanks I appreciate you. I expected this as well though. People here arent very gracious or considerate.

Thats in short supply everywhere sometimes.

No worries. Screw em.

You want people to just accept BS unchallenged, Screw you!

You just trashed your own credibility.
edit on 22-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

We can do a daily check in the morning by taking a deep breath in a clean air environment and hold it for 10 seconds. If we can do that and not cough or get itchy sensations in our chest then we are clear.

Bull#.

Link2

I think this is being widely misinterpreted.

If you can't hold your breath for 10 seconds without difficulty, you probably do have some pulmonary problem that COULD be COVID-19 and you should have it diagnosed. However, there are also a lot of non-COVID-19 causes for those symptoms, so just because you have those problems does not mean you have the Coronavirus.

Likewise, if you are able to hold your breath for 10 seconds without difficulty, that doesn't mean you DON'T have the Coronavirus. You could have it, be one of those who are asymptomatic, but are still contagious.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

I think this is being widely misinterpreted.

If you can't hold your breath for 10 seconds without difficulty, you probably do have some pulmonary problem that COULD be COVID-19 and you should have it diagnosed.

No, the misrepresentation is if you can hold your breath for 10 seconds, you're cool, you def don't have Covid-19, and you have nothing to worry about, which is false.

As in BS.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Trolls be damned,

Here is a good article describing the different ranges of infection and the corresponding symptoms.

Respiratory physician John Wilson explains the range of Covid-19 impacts, from no symptoms to severe illness featuring pneumonia

www.theguardian.com...

We should monitor our health and take easy precautions to mitigate the spread. The actual disease isnt pleasant but neither are the consequences pleasant for everyone around you if you ignore symptoms should you be infected.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I respect you for changing your OP.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Thanks I really do appreciate normal good people everywhere. Im not trying to do anything beyond be proactive and get into the right mentality for the long haul. Help our team while we get ready for the game type sfuff. LoL

Have a good one. Cheers!

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Poor taste edit...

Another habit I would recommend is to shower and wash clothes when you have been out and about and leave your shoes outside your home.
edit on 22-3-2020 by tinktinktink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tinktinktink

You should have left it, it wasn't that bad.

I thought it was funny.

On topic edit-

I check my temp 2 times a day.

edit on 22-3-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join