It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whos this John Titor dude???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I've seen a bunch of posts on John Titor. But whats it about? who is he? Whats all the fuss about?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Go to Google.com

enter John Titor

click search

More info that you could imagine.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Here is some reading for you.
John Titor page

But if you have watched 'Back to the Future' or 'Sliders' then you probably wont need to read very much of it.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
You've seen a bunch of posts? Have you read them? That might give you some clues as to who he was, what he talked about, what people think, etc..

You could also try the search feature, using the google option and just type in Titor. The number of returns will keep you up to your eyebrows in titor.

The mythology is way too bizarre for me to synopsize properly, and much of the discussion didn't occur here, but through other channels. There is a lot of discussion about those discussions here on ATS...

See? Just in trying to explain something basic about this freakin' story, it becomes more complicated. In my opinion, it was the finest red herring since war of the worlds, but you can't wade an inch without falling a foot, I'm outta here.

Maybe someone else more enthusiastic will come in a give you the run down, but I suggest you search and either commit to a LONG read, or just forget you ever heard the name Titor.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
mwa hahahaha

I'm not expert, and perhaps others can correct any errors. Here's what i understand about it

A few years ago some people are in a mirc chat room. Someone comes in. He starts talking to them and explains that he's a time traveler. Eventually, through a number of discussions, it comes out that he is from the future, and that he was sent back in time to get a device that was critical to the continued operation of computers in the future. He explained that there was a war in the US and a nuke attack from the russians against the US. The survivors slowly rebuilt their society, and, indeed, were still rebuilding it. They live more 'communally', and the federal government (the bad guys) has been undone. There are, for example, multiple presidents in his time with specific areas of responsibility. He offered some photos to support his story, such as a photo of his time machine, which is loaded into a car (sounds familiar?), and of 'gravity distoritions' (an effect of the device) bending light. Then he dissappeared, his mission was a success. The weird thing is, that he traveled back in time to a time when he was just a child, in florida. So while he is typing in mirc, he is also a kid somehwere. I think in fact he claimed to have gone to his 'old' home.

Now it enters the second phase, the discussion phase. There are a few major sources for this. ATS is not one of them. The big page on it is
johntitor.strategicbrains.com...

I beleive its run by 'The John Titor Foundation'. Its a discussion forum and information forum specific to it.

For my part, there is the anomalies.net discussions on it. There, a woman claims to have been contacted, on the phone, by john titor. Over a few converstations I beleive. I think that the idea was that something had gone wrong, and he had to travel back in time agian, or some such. So over there, the story continues. The people their found out that there is a group of hard to contact lawyers who represent the John Titor Foundation.
Then there is the 'John Titor" the movie. Not really a movie, but a small theatre, I think at the instigation of the JTF but on a 'show', something of a reenactment.
There is also John Titor the book. This is something that was produced, I beleive, via a 'vanity press', it contains more information for the story, and is supposedly written by John Titor (nicknamed 'Boomer")'s mom in the here and now. But its not considered 'cannonical' by the hard core fans.

The other thing is that the john titor background story, is almost completey, and in detail, lifted, apparently, from a book called 'Alas Babylon" (which however doesn't have the time travel bit).

But those web sources I mentioned above should allow you to form your own opinion.

Titor's tales of what happen in his past (our future), start, right now. Infact, technically are supposed to have already started. Nothing spectacular he 'predicted' (tho he insisted that they weren't and shouldn' be thought of as predictions) has come true, and he didn't know about 911.

Its a fun story. I think its a potentially valid form of multi-media. It crossses over mutliple ppages in multiple ways and pops up in print, web, and even live performances. It take s a long time to play out. The participants, the people discussing it, are also the actors. Its an ongoing murder-mystery dinner theatre, in a sense.

The people who did it really shoudl come forward tho, because, like I noted above, its possibly taken on a life of its own, and at least one person, the woman, has had her life radically affected by it.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Wow, the small number of posts here gives me hope that people have stopped paying attention to the whole Titor thing and have realized it's bogus. Hope no one else posts. Granted it was an entertaining story and a nice mental exercise in theoretical physics, but the 15 minutes of fame it got was 15 more than it deserved.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Thanks guys, I read on the link you provided he said 2004 was the last official olympics, so if there are olympics in 2008 then everyone will know its fake and a mod can finally close this thread.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Sounds just like the plot of the terminator series. I am no skeptic at teh best of times but this dude makes me giggle. Wasn't there a movie made where some dude was sent back to pick up a piece of hardware critical in the future.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Must....say.....something.....nice.......about......John

nah, seriously, it was all debunked here on ATS and apparently some dude on the net admitted to it being a hoax, etc.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
nah, seriously, it was all debunked here on ATS and apparently some dude on the net admitted to it being a hoax, etc.

And people keep posting tons and tons and tons of damn threads about him...repeating and repeating, repeating, repeating.............

top topics

join