It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi rejected bipartisan coronavirus package, holds nation hostage, until she gets her way

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
The House doesn't have it's act together.....while the Senate was ironing out it's plan, what was Pelosi doing? Nothing. All the proposals in the House are a collection of vague proposals and nothing as thought out as the Senate.

Whose fault is that?

That's all on Pelosi.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

Update. Democrats are staying true to form. They don't give a damn about you or me except at election time... and that too is false empathy.

thehill.com...

Are in favor of the $500 billion secret fund?

Secret slush funds, language protecting laid off employees being removed.

There's a LOT of info being left out in this rant thread..

(below is not directed to the quoted poster, but everyone else).
You should be condemning lack of transparency, but sure, whatever, it's just the Democrats trying to destroy America /sigh

Enjoy your outrage echo-chamber..
edit on 3/22/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

You watch, her package will be full of pork that has zero to do with a relief effort for US citizens, like funding Planned Parenthood, and infrastructure building projects in Democratic Congressional districts.

You think?

She is the Joe Biden of the House. She probably doesn't even have a clue what "Her" Proposal is.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Re: thehill.com...

Soon enough all Americans, even Pelosi constituents , will feel pain from Nancy Pelosis pre-designed moves to damage the economy there by damaging president Trump.

That's what this all boils down to.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

originally posted by: The2Billies

originally posted by: KKLOCO

She would rather see the nation go into the tank than see Trump succeed at anything.

The nations already in the sh!tter. Only took a couple weeks. Where you been bro?

She's just got her hand on the toilet handle ready and smiling while flushing just out of spite for every single conservative in the entire US, all 60+ million plus the ones who didn't vote.

Since when are conservatives so eager for big government hand-outs, bailouts, welfare, and “free money” (ie.: “Trump Change”)?

How exactly is tax payer funded disaster relief welfare?

This is what Rachel Maddow and the like have been telling these people. They're incapable of understanding how absurd the comparison is. They just think what they're told.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
What the hell is this post?

The Senate Has not even passed a bill yet! So PLEASE explain how the house leader saying they will write their own bill instead of waiting for a senate bill that has not been even finalizes yet equals hold the nation hostage?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
What the hell is this post?

The Senate Has not even passed a bill yet! So PLEASE explain how the house leader saying they will write their own bill instead of waiting for a senate bill that has not been even finalizes yet equals hold the nation hostage?

The Senate Democrats voted against cloture to move McConnell's bill forward because they're going to support Pelosi's bill.

This vote wasn't even to pass McConnell's bill, it was just to move one step forward in the process. This wasn't the final bill.

If this vote went forward, they still could've negotiated the content, it just wouldn't take as long.

Voting it down was petty, partisan nonsense that will make it take longer to get the final bill finished.

ETA: I don't think McConnell's bill is the best, for the record. But again, this wasn't the final bill. There was no reason to vote no on a procedural vote just to make the process take longer. This needs to get done quickly.
edit on 22 3 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

It is in the country's interest to provide an effective response rather than one that will garner votes.

To do so, you have to take a rational and considered approach. Throwing money at things when the country is already bankrupt isn't the way.

“Rational and considered approach”

That counts out any and all leftist involvement at every single level then

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I’m not a fan of either Pelosi or Moscow Mitch, but all I see in this thread is a lot of guesswork of why they haven’t agreed yet. All I can find on my own searches is that the Dems are unhappy with worker protections and the big business bailouts are too lax.

If they’re holding out to make sure companies don’t take the money then fire their employees, I think that’s a worthy cause. There seem to be issues with allowing the companies to buy back their stocks with the money as well. I’m not going to pretend I know enough about stocks and how that could be good or bad to make a comment on it.

I don’t trust either one of those old pieces of sh!t. Would I be surprised if either one were tying to shove some language in their to put money in their own or their buddy’s pockets? Absolutely not. I’m counting on that being a part of it somewhere along the way. However, if someone is doing something to make sure the general public is going to have an added layer of protection, I’m not going to bitch about it.

I’m going to be ok. I’m an essential employee and will be going to work everyday. I maintain a 500,000 sq foot property that contains a few 3-letter agencies, a division of the Broward Sheriff’s, a bank and one of CBS’ broadcasting offices. But I have many friends and family who aren’t collecting a dime right now and I’d rather they had something to reassure them that when this sh!t blows over, their job will still be there.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

The problem is, there's no perfect way to do this. They have to pull the data from somewhere. Not everyone has filed their 2019 taxes yet, so they're using 2018. Well, what if someone was making good money in 2018, but lost their job this year and they really need this assistance? How do you identify them?

So you can either get a bill done quickly that uses 2018 data, or you can take weeks, maybe months, to try to identify all the people who really, really need the money, and by the time you get it to them they're already #ed any way.

I don't know what the solution is.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny
Talking about layoff there still is unemployment benefits, I remember at one time federal benefits lasted for 52 weeks. Are people not filing?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JON666
Talking about layoff there still is unemployment benefits, I remember at one time federal benefits lasted for 52 weeks. Are people not filing?

Can you file for it if you're just laid off, or do you have to be fired? Honest question, I have no idea how that works.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Can you file for it if you're just laid off, or do you have to be fired? Honest question, I have no idea how that works.

As long as you were let go and not quit you should be able to file. In some cases you file even if you quit. If you were furloughed or had a reduction in hours if you were hired in as a full time employee you may also be eligible to file.

Worst case just file anyways, they will let you know pretty quick if you qualify.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

So you can either get a bill done quickly that uses 2018 data, or you can take weeks, maybe months, to try to identify all the people who really, really need the money, and by the time you get it to them they're already #ed any way.

Or you could pay out to everyone based on who has a social security number. Worry about the smaller details later and get the money to those in need asap. That way we hopefully don't miss anyone.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Or you could pay out to everyone based on who has a social security number. Worry about the smaller details later and get the money to those in need asap. That way we hopefully don't miss anyone.

If you try to do that, the Democrats will whine that millionaires and billionaires are getting it.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Democrats have been following the "Any Means Necessary" agenda all along !!! 😷 🥶 😷

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Back in the late 70's to early 80's I was on unemployment for 15 months between state and federal benefits.Was laid off at the end of the Carter recession and the beginning of the Regan recovery. Longest I had an have been unemployed. There is a one week waiting period before getting first check.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

No it will be, "What about all the " Undocumented Migrants" (Illegal Aliens)? "They need money too!".

Time to do your jobs, Politicians. Both parties need to do the right thing for us.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Yeah, I don't think its "Conservatives" she's trying to hurt. Nancy wants to hurt ALL Americans.

Plus, hardly any Republican voters are "Conservative."

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

We need to make much of what we need in this country to stabalize our economy. We can import the wants but in a crisis, we have to fill our needs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join