It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi rejected bipartisan coronavirus package, holds nation hostage, until she gets her way

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+64 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said on Sunday that she has decided to move forward with her own emergency coronavirus relief package. Pelosi spokes just hours before the Senate was scheduled to take a procedural vote that would lead towards a final vote on a bipartisan economic relief package. The bill would provide economic relief after the coronavirus epidemic ravaged the country’s economy.

Pelosi said that Republicans and Democrats are still “talking” but that there is no need to meet McConnell’s Monday deadline for a Senate vote on the coronavirus package.

If you are waiting for the relief package if you are unemployed, remember it is the DEMOCRATS and in particular Nancy Pelosi holding your help hostage.

Politico reported Sunday that “it’s not clear how Pelosi’s plan would work — committee chairs have been frenetically compiling ideas for a legislative package, but are not yet ready for legislative text.”

An 80 year old woman who when seen talking off script comes off like someone with alzheimers is now holding the entire economy hostage.
townhall.com...
100percentfedup.com...
madworldnews.com...
www.lifezette.com...

Why?

Because she hates Trump, she hates conservatives, she hates the 60+ million US citizens who voted for Trump. There appears to be no higher goal for her than destroying each and every single conservative including Trump in the US. At least that is the way she has behaved over the past 3 years. This is what is tearing the nation in two and pitting citizen against citizen, rather than uniting in a time of crisis. Making Russia and China very very happy I am sure, exactly what Russia wants and playing right into Putin's had to destroy the US from within.

She would rather see the nation go into the tank than see Trump succeed at anything.

Looks like, much like the wicked witches of Disney, she doesn't care who dies, who can't eat because they lost their job, who gets booted from their apartment because they can't pay the rent because they lost their job : or who she hurts to punish the person she hates with such a passion (Trump) that her mind can process nothing else.

edit on 3/22/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

She would rather see the nation go into the tank than see Trump succeed at anything.

The nations already in the sh!tter. Only took a couple weeks. Where you been bro?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Probably has more to do with Mitch Mconnell than Trump. That guy is the epitome of everything that’s ever been wrong with our government.

If it wasn’t for tribal loyalty he’d have been tarred and feathered and dropped off in the woods somewhere outside of Pikeville a long time ago.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

The nations already in the sh!tter. Only took a couple weeks. Where you been bro?

She's just got her hand on the toilet handle ready and smiling while flushing just out of spite for every single conservative in the entire US, all 60+ million plus the ones who didn't vote.

edit on 3/22/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I had heard she wanted planned Parenthood funding included in the bill but I don't know if that was just a rumor...

Any idea what the holdup actually is about or is it all about fighting trump?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

It is in the country's interest to provide an effective response rather than one that will garner votes.

To do so, you have to take a rational and considered approach. Throwing money at things when the country is already bankrupt isn't the way.

+2 more 
link   

...some House Democrats wanted to go even further, using the urgency of the herculean package to achieve broader, long term policy goals like a massive infrastructure deal.

www.politico.com...

“The Democrats are getting some of the things they’ve asked for,” Senate Majority Whip John Thune (R-S.D.) told reporters, ticking off wins like immediate relief to individuals, protections for health care workers, and shoring up small businesses. “They’re getting what they wanted on unemployment insurance.”

www.politico.com...

So, what's the problem with Pelosi? Why is there suddenly a problem now, so late in the game? Seems like Democrats want to make sure that corporations can’t buy back stock that reward CEOs, which is understandable. But it's also likely that the Democrats also want to inject more "pork" into the bill, like the aforementioned "infrastructure deal."

I think what Americans need right now is less bickering between Democrats and Republicans. They need reassurance that the government is looking out for them.

There are many employees who are being laid off from companies impacted by the coronavirus, and if the airline industry takes a large hit, there will be even more layoffs. Just the airline industry alone is responsible for 10 million American jobs. The time to act is now.

link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
Its all about who gets the credit. Whoever gets the credit gets a little more power. Got to feed that ego you know.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

She's just got her hand on the toilet handle ready and smiling while flushing just out of spite for every single conservative in the entire US, all 60+ million plus the ones who didn't vote.

Since when are conservatives so eager for big government hand-outs, bailouts, welfare, and “free money” (ie.: “Trump Change”)?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

The president will get the credit or the blame even if he doesn't deserve either.

+25 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

Since when are conservatives so eager for big government hand-outs, bailouts, welfare, and “free money” (ie.: “Trump Change”)?

How exactly is tax payer funded disaster relief welfare?

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I had heard she wanted planned Parenthood funding included in the bill but I don't know if that was just a rumor...

Any idea what the holdup actually is about or is it all about fighting trump?

All I can ascertain is it is because it is Trumps bill. She won't have that.

+29 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

This is not free money.

This is disaster relief.

Can you tell the difference? I can.

I even wrote the President and said "don't give me any money, we don't need it, make sure it goes to those who need it.
That is what conservatism is really about, compassion, not selfishness.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm worried that my stimulus check will get kept because I owe a few thousand left on a defaulted student loan. I entered the loan rehabilitation program and make my monthly payments but it wont be fixed until the end of the year. I already lose tax returns.

The 2008 stimulus check was a part of a tax bill and considered a tax rebate, so if you owed taxes or had a defaulted student loan, you didn't get it. They've stated that if you owe taxes this time, you'll still get the check. They've stated that if your student loan is 31 or more days late, the Government will stop payments for you. The Washington Post said that doesn't apply to defaulted student loans which are 270+ days late, then given default status.

If they keep it, I'm screwed basically. Senate Democrats were trying to add it into the package with some other student loan debt provisions but being the minority, I'm not betting on it making it in. They havent even voted on it yet or are starting to as I write this so when I call the loan holder tomorrow that I make payments to, they probably wont know yet either.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

That's part of the problem. Need to put more blame where it belongs at the feet of these career politicians.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Probably has more to do with Mitch Mconnell than Trump. That guy is the epitome of everything that’s ever been wrong with our government.

If it wasn’t for tribal loyalty he’d have been tarred and feathered and dropped off in the woods somewhere outside of Pikeville a long time ago.

And Pelosi isn't, she has been at the top of the heap over a couple of economic problems and nobody seem to want to throw poop at her wall.
Dont get me wrong I wish Mitch would retire, because he is a big part of the problem and needs to be gone with every other clown that's spent decades in DC.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

That's part of the problem. Need to put more blame where it belongs at the feet of these career politicians.

Agreed.
The career politicians are the ones that let our vital medical supplies be outsourced to a communist foreign country.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

It is in the country's interest to provide an effective response rather than one that will garner votes.

To do so, you have to take a rational and considered approach. Throwing money at things when the country is already bankrupt isn't the way.

Is all the pork they want to add in, like funding Planned Parenthood, a rational approach?

What the he double toothpicks does that have to do with this?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
If McConnell’s ahemm, package, is the same as its been, as I've been reading then yeah, it needs to be changed because a lot of people are being left out. Does something need to be passed? YES!!!! Now's not the time to play politics...but his package craps on a lot of poor people.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Trump should Enact an executive order and force it along. Declare emergency powers for the relevant authorities and just have them complete the provisions individually

Circumvent the house.

edit on 22-3-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join