It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Things

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
We can find plenty of doom and gloom these days, it's about all we can find lately, but what are some good things about the current situation?

- You no longer have to grab the milk from the back of the shelf to get the freshest milk with the longest expiration date.

- There's hardly any traffic...with everyone being dead-ish

- You no longer have to ask "this one, or that one?" at the grocery store. No math on the unit prices. And, grocery shopping is a LOT faster!

- Fuel is cheap

- Don't have to worry about the cost of ammunition, there isn't any.

- Want some personal space? Cough! (Heck, you can get a whole aisle all to yourself!)

Those are just a few.

Got any more?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Other than online, or in media, Im seeing some pretty amazing things from people. Im also seeing a bit of it online, but it can be easier to miss than when its happening rught in front of you.

Short and sweet, but for me, thats a very big deal!

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

* Not really having a job until possibly this fall has REALLY freed up the time I've needed to remodel an outbuilding and put in some new garden beds.

* No interaction with people... why does anyone think that's a bad thing? Most of us are SO close to being happy if it wasn't for stupid people that you have to interact with. Now interaction is frowned upon!

* Time to catch up on a few Netflix series that I've never had the time to start.

* Plenty of time to fish, hunt, go camping, relax.

People are treating this virus like it's a bad thing.

To me it's looking like a vacation that I don't have to feel guilty about.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Will you marry me???

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Will you marry me???

The wife says the position has been filled...

Besides, I don't think your wife would put up with that!

Seriously though... I'm assuming in the cattle business that you always have the finances available to skip a year.

Yes, it will hurt... no, nobody is going to starve.

We will make do and be just fine.

The only stress I am going to have is helping family members, most of which are pretty independent as well.

My only major stress right now is that I traded a bunch of hooch for 40 blueberry bushes last fall and they are still in the ground 30 miles from here.

I guess I'm going to have to get them to drop them off at the gate and pick them up after a few days.

They will need to be in the ground soon.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The wife says the position has been filled...

Rats!

Besides, I don't think your wife would put up with that!

Yeah, you're probably right. She's a good egg.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I’ll be texting with someone. The conversations start to go back and forth, you know marathon texting (which anonymous the hell out of me). Then that person says ‘do you have time to talk?’ As in voice call.

My instant reply is, ‘all I have, is time’.

I’m not sure this is feeling like a good thing, though. I’m slowly going bat sh!t crazy!!!
edit on 22-3-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I love trying to start up conversations with anyone that sends me a text mistakenly.

Rarely happens, and I havent made any long term friends or anything.. But it can be fun and even kinda refreshing

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Heh, I've even started engaging telemarketers! They ask how I'm doing...*big mistake*…

I launch into this long diatribe about the current crisis, shopping woes, aches and pains, current events, past experiences, stock market issues, hemorrhoids, bunions, gross personal hygiene habits, Miss Whoosey Whatsit down the way, etc.

*pause*

And right when they start to pitch whatever it is, I say..."Oh yeah, and that reminds me of this one time at (band camp) where Suzy-Loo fell in the mud, blah, blah, blaaaaah, blu-blah-blah....blub, blub....

It's a real gas!

edit on 3/22/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Holy crap, I thought of another great thing! Maybe this Coronavirus will destroy the brand of Corona beer!

Just take that sh!t off the market. That way, when we go to social functions, there won’t even be an option for it to be there. 🍻
edit on 22-3-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

top topics

join