It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple message to my Christian brothers and sisters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I have to agree with you on this one. If its an actual formal debate in a college stage or on a live YouTube stream, that's different. But on the street, internet forum, etc, if the unbeliever doesn't want to hear it, or rejects it, move on. Once they hear the gospel message, its not up to us to "convince" them of anything, nor is it our job to "convict" them of their sins. All the evidence you give for the faith, be that archaeological, philosophical, or scientific will not draw a hardened heart to God, only the holy spirit can do it. If they ask for evidence, fine, if not, I wouldn't waste my time trying to "convince" them. Life is too short. When it comes down to it, its every soul for itself, the only soul I'm responsible for is my own. If I don't own it, then its not my responsibility. We spread the gospel message, once knowledge of God is gained, the holy spirit convicts them of their sin, drawing them to God, to eventual repentance.

(John 16:6-11) "But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart. [7] Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. [8] And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: [9] Of sin, because they believe not on me; [10] Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; [11] Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged."

(John 6:43-51) "Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves. [44] No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. [45] It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. [46] Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. [47] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. [48] I am that bread of life. [49] Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. [50] This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. [51] I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

He is Israel's Messiah. For the Gentile he is a Saviour.
edit on 3/30/2020 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join