It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple message to my Christian brothers and sisters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Lets not forget the words of our Messiah, Jesus, when he was teaching the apostles about spreading the Gospel and what to do when someone rejects the message;

Matthew 10:14 - If the home is worthy, let your peace rest on it; but if it is not, let your peace return to you. And if anyone will not welcome you or heed your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town.

Mark 6:11 - And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

There is no reason to debate a non-believer.

There is no reason to argue with a non-believer.

If you are under a physical attack - defend yourself and your family. Use whatever means it takes to stop the attacker/attackers.

Jesus says, “Let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.”

If someone is ORALLY attacking you and attacking your faith - BE SILENT AND LEAVE. Go into prayer and pray that one day they too will receive the Gospel and Jesus (Yeshua). Do not return to that person/home. All communication is stopped on your side. Nothing more is expected from you.

Here at ATS, stop responding to known atheist, pagans, and non-believers in Jesus when they want to discuss theology or some type of religion. They only want to stir up your emotions and get your blood pressure to rise. Stop falling for this crap trap.

And now to my brothers and sister, May God stretch out his arms over you and your family and protect you and your family from the coronavirus and that it passes over you and your family as it did in Egypt for God's children in the first passover.

Now is a time for fasting and prayer.

God bless you all,

DS

edit on 22-3-2020 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I believe in god and jesus and Jesus sacrifice for our sins.

I believe quite alot of the bible is nonsense.

I believe if im to shake the dust of my feet from unworthy homes then i be spending to much time looking at my boots and not enough time looking where im going. ( but judgemental and sinful )

I believe we have to try and reach as many lost souls as possible - salvation is the reason to debate a non believer.

I believe the infliction of violence on others is not approved by jesus regardless of the reasons - self defence is not about retaliation.

I believe fasting and praying has always been appropriate let alone now.

"A simple message to" to you OP -

You say your a Christian yet you instruct others to stop responding to those who you and those who heed your words judge as a particularly inclined.

Seems to me your no more Christian than those who you've started a ignore movement against.

God bless us all indeed, god please forgive your sins and show you the real path to the lord.

edit on 22-3-2020 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2020 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Ahh.. so basically you're suggesting Christians have blind absolute faith and ignore any other opinions?

Well.. if all people of various faiths and beliefs thought like you; how would we ever get along?

The world will never become better if we are absolutists in our religious or ideological beliefs. Thinking everyone but us is wrong and will face some terrible judgement or demise for it.

How many died or were tortured in the past by you absolutists? You pretend to be holy and innocent but when you guys gain power it gets incredibly ugly.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   
We need to match ourselves to the circumstances.
In many circumstances, you are right- "Don't feed the trolls".
But before reaching that point, we may sometimes need to follow the pattern of Stephen in Acts ch6 (which was public debate in the presence of third parties).
Jesus also promised that the Holy Spirit would give us words to say when challenged.

edit on 22-3-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Ahh.. so basically you're suggesting Christians have blind absolute faith and ignore any other opinions?

He didn't say that. He said if you verbally attack a christian, you'll find yourself alone with your big mouth and a middle finger goodbye.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

He said stop responding to athiests, pagans, or non-believers when they want to discuss theology or some type of religion.

Seems like discussing anything but christ when it comes to theology is an "attack". Hence, why i called that an absolutist.
edit on 22-3-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

He said stop responding to athiests, pagans, or non-believers when they want to discuss theology or some type of religion.

Seems like discussing anything but christ when it comes to theology is an "attack". Hence, why i called that an absolutist.

Nope. Avoid religious confrontations is not absolutism, it's wise.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

It's not going to evolve humanity to bury our heads in the sand and continue on the same path we have been on. Avoiding any religious confrontation is absolutism because it gridlocks human thought in a repetitive loop that one is unwilling to break. We evolve by challenging each other's belief systems, morals, and ideologies. Not by bunkering down and closing our ears.

edit on 22-3-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

It's not going to evolve humanity to bury our heads in the sand and continue on the same path we have been on. Avoiding any religious confrontation is absolutism because it gridlocks human thought in a repetitive loop that one is unwilling to break. We evolve by challenging each other's belief systems, morals, and ideologies. Not by bunkering down and closing our ears.

You sound absolutist. You want to force the fight to convince everybody how wrong Christians are. Not happening.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

No, read the op again
How do you get that?

Don’t force the gospel on anyone, if they don’t want to hear it, walk away
We are not to force our views, fight, argue or hassle people

They want to know, they ask, we are to explain.
Pretty simple

Anyway, that’s my beliefs if I understand the op, as well

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
And now to my brothers and sister, May God stretch out his arms over you and your family and protect you and your family from the coronavirus and that it passes over you and your family as it did in Egypt for God's children in the first passover.

May We all be careful and cautious, care and love, be kind and generous, look after the weaker and lonely, old and young. May God grant us the strength to see it through.
May christian Jew, atheist and pagan, May we all find refuge and health in these coming days
edit on 22-3-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

with your big mouth and a middle finger

Does that sound like a verbal insult to you?
it does to me...
so who is verbally insulting whom?
I'm really confused, right now

NC

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoConspiracy

with your big mouth and a middle finger

Does that sound like a verbal insult to you?
it does to me...
so who is verbally insulting whom?
I'm really confused, right now

NC

I never said I'm like Jesus, don't think I'll show you my other cheek.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

A simple reply to my Christian brothers and sisters.
I find those words wise. Wise in all cases. One example of a case where that advice is wise is in the skill of a door to door salesman. A good door to door salesman understands that time is money and the time that is spent on an an unlikely purchaser is money lost, so they smile, say good day, and run to the next house. A really good door to door salesman can know within five seconds whether or not they will turn that unsuspecting home owner into a purchaser and within fifteen seconds whether or not that new purchaser will double order. Time spent wisely in this case. Then a brief thank you, a smile and off to the next house.

So why have you as a Christian come to this website in the first place. Are you here to find new information that you cannot find elsewhere, like Christian websites or churches? That would seem a wise thing to do if it is Christian wisdom you are seeking. And likely, as a Christian, you do. So why do you come here at all.

Are you seeking knowledge of aliens? I would suppose not as your faith has already pretty much summed up for you what you are to believe about avenue of thought. And that is not to mention that the information about aliens to be found here is skimpy and rote at best. Likewise are you here to just idle the day away, chatting about all sorts of stuff that can be found in these forums? Possibly I suppose but again, why? Why do you visit this site filled with atheists and non-believers. I don't understand what you might gain for your own personal insights.

Can you see where I am going with this line of thought? Surely you must so I will just come out with it. You, very likely are here proselytizing. Putting that politely, seeking individuals to whom you offer the grace of Jesus. Putting it more coarsely, looking for individuals who you believe you can turn into Christians.

I mean, let's face it, a large portion of our members here are here to argue and debate. We are here to toss into the wider world, though just how wide this ATS world is is questionable, and see how those thoughts float in that larger ocean. Testing our myriad thoughts against and with the thoughts of others. And that's fine and dandy I guess, that's kind of why I"m here.

But Christians, well I don't know other than you are here to talk me to Christ.

In your closing statements you suggest

Here at ATS, stop responding to known atheist, pagans, and non-believers in Jesus when they want to discuss theology or some type of religion. They only want to stir up your emotions and get your blood pressure to rise. Stop falling for this crap trap.

So, as we should likely already know, this house here is filled with atheists, pagans and non-believers, who as should be expected will not so easily be swayed to your faith, right? There are also those I suppose who are not so firm in their beliefs, and who you believe might more easily be turned in the direction of Jesus. But even those people you may be seeking, though they may not be atheists or pagans still would be classified as non-believers.

So just who is it that you are talking with on this site. Only yourself I guess. Only those who are already believers.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Cryptids, living dinosaurs, NWO and politics and some military discussion.
Mostly as an alternative news site

Also see a lot of people who are not Christian butchering up Christian theology.
Pretending they have read and understood the bible, then share their ignorance.

Like to stray occasionally across threads

I am not here to preach, answer questions that may arise if I know the answer. Have a bit of fun as well with my atheist friends.

You don't know everything TM, think you do but don't you

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
In Christianity, the people least likely to actually know and understand God are those that know the word and can site scripture and verse to you but in reality they only know the word, not God.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Many Christians have taught me that they believe that atheists are hell bound. Be ye one of they? If not then what of them, these atheists and non-believers. What then in the eyes of those firmly bound to the notion that they are hell bound? How does that make you seem in their eyes who believe this from their Biblical reading, possibly like those as you say who are ''not Christian butchering up Christian theology.
Pretending they have read and understood the bible, then share their ignorance. ''?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Many Christians have taught me that they believe that atheists are hell bound. Be ye one of they? If not then what of them, these atheists and non-believers. What then in the eyes of those firmly bound to the notion that they are hell bound? How does that make you seem in their eyes who believe this from their Biblical reading, possibly like those as you say who are ''not Christian butchering up Christian theology.
Pretending they have read and understood the bible, then share their ignorance. ''?

I believe
Christians go with God/Christ for eternity, heaven
Non Christian, hell for a time and no God, no existence eventually
But you already know that

That is your choice

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I believe
Christians go with God/Christ for eternity, heaven
Non Christian, hell for a time and no God, no existence eventually
But you already know that

That is your choice

So essentially, when you say

Have a bit of fun as well with my atheist friends.

what do you mean. You are just playing around with them like a cat with a ball of yarn or what. Just having a little giggle knowing they are going to hell for a painful vacation prior to extinction? Kinda brutal huh?

edit on 31America/ChicagoMon, 23 Mar 2020 01:34:50 -0500Mon, 23 Mar 2020 01:34:50 -050020032020-03-23T01:34:50-05:00100000034 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join