It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians have to be Christlike

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

You do know that ignoramus is a Latin transliteration of the Greek word Agnostic. Which is not found in the preserved English Bible? There are no Atheist in the Bible either.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
If we follow your thought there are NO REAL CHRISTIANS TODAY because there are NO HEALINGS AND RESURRECTIONS TODAY!

Errr...yes?
That is exactly my point.
The Christianity that Jesus lead doesn't exist anymore, according to Christianity's own scripture.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   
What we really need is a bigger monster.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

The Christianity that Jesus Promotes is a relationship with him through the Father via being baptized into his body by the Holy Ghost. This all takes place through your faith on Christ.

Worship, service of God/Jesus Christ is your own life. I could look at any brother or christian Organization and find the flaws and say see they just aren't practicing what is taught in the Bible. BTW no one living today knows exactly how to practice what was being practiced while Jesus was here on earth. And since the early church everything has drastically changed.

1) By the Grace of God have faith through Jesus Work on the cross for the forgiveness of your sins, 2) Daily read and Study your Bible. I suggest the KJV, only because it has all the words, phrases, verses and sections in it when you compare it with a dozen other English Bibles. If you are German use Martin Luther's German translation. A bible with all the words and stuff in it is better than one with out them. for example NIV uses the word sensuality/sensualities in 2 Peter but the KJV uses the word pernicious ways, which would include Sensualities in its meanings. So you have to decide is it better to have one meaning of the word Pernicious as Sensuality or he broader word Pernicious. the latter means you have to study and find all the things that are considered pernicious and see how the scriptures speak to us using the broader meaning rather than a pin point to just one of the meanings. Now the 3rd thing is to Pray 3) Lifting your hands everywhere, praying without ceasing like that and 4) Rejoice and be thankful in all things.

There are tons of organizations vying for our money, our time and as I can tell by comparing their teaching to scriptures of the KJV is they are out of line. We are told to study and rightly divide the word. So there are three groups of people to which the scriptures will in one way or another affect the Unsaved Jew, the Unsaved Gentile and the Church of God/Body of Christ made up of both saved Jews and Gentiles. so basically we take the immediate context as to Who, What, When, Where, Why, Which and How of the scriptures in question (the ones you are studying). There are three places we will put them according to that out line under Historical, Doctrinal and Spiritual, the last being that which is applicable to the body of Christ today. Three levels of application applicable Historically, applicable Doctrinal and Applicable Spiritually. Volumes of paper or spread sheets can be utilized to layout all the study material as you go through it. Study is a lot of work.

i.e. Jesus taught this to his historical Disciples,

Mt 5:42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
simply it says give without question to him that asketh. Now how that worked out at the time of Jesus is not clear seeing there is no Bible verses that show how that was done. As far as we can tell by scriptures is that no one ever practiced that. So Historically it was preached, it was preached to Israel, when I say this it was for Israel, gentiles may have heard it but it was to Israel. So it was taught historically but was not applied as a doctrine then. so if it was a doctrine where does it fit in. Well the context let's us know it has something to do with the promise of an earthly Kingdom called the Kingdom of Heaven. the Kingdom is not the past one of David and Solomon, though both were a type of kingdom of heaven. So the only place it would fit as a doctrine in in the Millennial when Christ sets up the kingdom in Jerusalem after the Tribulation. So during the Millennial Kingdom this will be a Applicable Doctrinal practice. If we try and put that on the Christian today in the body of Christ, the Church, it would mean every time I asked a saved person to give me $100 they without question are to comply and give me $100 or even if I asked to borrow it. So you see it would not apply to us today no one would follow it. There is no historical practice of it during Christ Earthly Ministry in the past. And the only place it would fit would be in the future during the Millennial Kingdom.

You see how messed up a scripture can be used if not studied the way the Bible says to study. And I also used the Holy Ghost way to study when he teaches, by comparing spiritual with spiritual I take that as the word with the word as found 1Cor 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. If we are ever going to get back to true biblical Christian practice for life and godliness we need to get to a Bible that has all the worlds and them compare what some MAN might teach to the Bible using the 6 W and the H I pointed out above.

The biggest problem is there are so many teaching and it sounds good but it is really not scriptural. Be blessed in your study of the Holy Preserved words of God as found in the KJV.

edit on 4/7/2020 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join