It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians have to be Christlike

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   
That's how it is. Christians have to be Christlike and this will be judged by the people who have no faith in God and claim not to believe in the existence of a god.

You believe in God and Jesus, are you a Christian?, they reason, well this and that and there you haven't been Christlike.

Well, according the Bible Jesus Christ was the only begotten son of God. We don't have to be Christlike, we have to be ourselves and who are you to judge?

What does it even mean being Christlike? Should we be sacrificed for your sins? Why would God want another savior for you?

What I'm saying is this. People will tell you there's no god but these same people will be there to tell you you haven't been Christlike so watch your step.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

That's how it is. Christians have to be Christlike and this will be judged by the people who have no faith in God and claim not to believe in the existence of a god.

You believe in God and Jesus, are you a Christian?, they reason, well this and that and there you haven't been Christlike.

Well, according the Bible Jesus Christ was the only begotten son of God. We don't have to be Christlike, we have to be ourselves and who are you to judge?

What does it even mean being Christlike? Should we be sacrificed for your sins? Why would God want another savior for you?

What I'm saying is this. People will tell you there's no god but these same people will be there to tell you you haven't been Christlike so watch your step.

People who don't believe in god may end up judging me but will never rule nor dictate to me.

I believe in god, jesus and Jesus sacrifice, the rest of the bible is nonsense.

Christians/we have always been sacrificed that much is clear. The trick is to accept it.

They may be there to tell me to watch my step, but in the end they will be watching me step in the opposite direction to them........poor souls indeed.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
watch your step?

because a person could be called out for being a hypocrite?

Just be nice to people

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
What are you trying to justify OP? :0
edit on 22-3-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

They may be there to tell me to watch my step, but in the end they will be watching me step in the opposite direction to them........poor souls indeed.

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. - Proverbs 16:18

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

this is the kind of stuff that made me walk away from the church when i was a kid, now i am one of those atheists who tries to be christlike...

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Interesting. What do you consider Christlike?

I was told the meaning of the word Christ is anointed one. Please clarify. Does it involve a god?
edit on 22-3-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Andy Stanley puts it in a simple way that I really like: we are to love each other (all) as God, though Christ, loves us.

Quite a tall order sometimes but one we can all work on.

Cheers my friends!

edit: the current situation we are faced with gives us a great opportunity to do so. There are many people in need and there will be more. If you have the resources to do so please try to help your community.
edit on 3/22/20 by soulshn because: =)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

There goes the Christian's are more moral and God's required for morality nonsense argument many Christian's make, as you basically just admitted it makes no difference a Christian will do what a Christian will do, same as any non Christian.

Is why I judge individuals for their actions regardless of faith or lack there of. If a person says they have a code of honor or faith I will take that into account when judging their actions, as how closely they follow it says a lot about their character.

Don't want to be judged for how well you follow your faith, don't profess it and people won't take it into consideration. If I tell people I have a bunch of ideals or beliefs on what I consider right or believe is right and then I do the opposite I am a hypocrite and people are right to call me on it.

Don't worry though, I mostly ignore when people say they are Christian, because more often than not it's simply lip service and it barely affects most people's day to day, moment to moment decisions. So chances are I wouldn't judge a person on their faith until they choose to make a big deal of it.
edit on 3/22/2020 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

No god needed, just the same basic sentiment that is shared through most religions/cultures, be excellent to each other and party on dudes.

It's the people splitting hairs that ruin the whole idea for the rest of us, and they know it.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Amen.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:21 AM
link   

We don't have to be Christlike, we have to be ourselves...

Christ does not agree with that statement, according to The Gospel. Christ said to deny self and follow Him. Christ is forgiving when people are not perfect, and He wants people to be merciful as He is merciful, but He still wants people to follow Him, according to what He taught in The Gospel:

"Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful." - Christ (Luke 6:36)

"The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master." - Christ (Luke 6:40)

"And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" - Christ (Luke 6:46)

"...If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me." - Christ (Luke 9:23)

"The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve. For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth." - Christ (Luke 22:25-27)

edit on 3-27-2020 by lightofgratitude because: Added in another verse of The Gospel

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: lightofgratitude
The way to deny 'your self' is to realise that there is no you separate from what actually is.

There is no thing separate...... there is just what is occuring.

The 'separate you' only appears in past or future thoughts......fairy stories.

What is real is always here now..... the truth, the way.... the one life.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
For a religion based on a man whose kindness was inhuman and suffered greatly for it, one should really stop throwing stones when they pray from a glass house.
edit on 27-3-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Do on to others as you would have them do on to you...

And don't do it because your religion dictates it

Do it because its right... its what is inside of us... or so we hope

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I'm always reminded how in today's world, we have almost no true followers of Christ at all, despite having billions of Christians.

If we had followers and disciples of Christ, we'd have tonnes of healers, people being raised from the dead and being cured of diseases, and we'd have these people doing it without monetary gain.

Instead, we have huge megachurches perpetuating false healings, and a miniscule amount of "true" healers, doing their work in secret.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

But religion does also dictates it, probably because it's right.
edit on 28-3-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   

edit on 28-3-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

How can an unsaved person judge Christ Likeness when they themselves don't even understand what that is?

An opinion of an unsaved person of what Christ likeness is like an grasshopper giving a discourse on Physic's because he can lift more than he weights.

Nope a sinner will never judge a saved man. And his decision made to accept or reject Christ on looking at another person on whether or not a person was or was not christ like will not help them when they go to Hell.

Everything you said is out of balance with the preserved words of God as found in the KJV Bible, try reading it, believing it and being Christ like yourself before you give judgement on others.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

Billions most of that Billions are Roman Catholics (they are not true Christians), and how many are there that don't even practice sound biblical doctrine and they call themselves Christians. No best not to try and use numbers to prove any points,

The signs and wonders of healing and resurrections were done not because people were true Christians or were Christ like they were done to prove they were sent of God to teach what they were teaching. Read Paul n Romans 7 he said the evil he would not that is what he did and the good that he would do he did not do. And he healed and raised people from the dead. Do you see how nought studying and rightly Dividing the word of Truth leads to false assumptions of what is true and Christ like. Jesus said to give to him that asks, So I am asking you to give me a brand new car. If your don't do it then you are not following Christ teaching.

Mt 5:42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
We don't need the signs and wonders because we have a complete, whole, inerrant English Bible to teach us all that God wants from us. If we follow your thought there are NO REAL CHRISTIANS TODAY because there are NO HEALINGS AND RESURRECTIONS TODAY!
edit on 3/30/2020 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join