It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID Spread Animation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   
So I came across this animation that really made me take pause.

I know COVID is contagious and aggressive, but this animation really put things into perspective.

It explains why Trump stopped travel from China when he did, and why he stopped it from other countries when he did.

It becomes very clear from this animation, that the Chinese New Year and related travel is what allowed this to spread to pandemic status.

The Chinese New Year Travel Rush, known as 'Spring Movement' (春运 Chunyun), usually begins 15 days ahead of Lunar New Year's Day and lasts for about 40 days (usually from mid-January to late February).

China's biggest and longest national holiday is the Spring Festival or Chinese New Year (CNY), and it causes the biggest and longest annual period of transport stress anywhere in the world.

In 2018, it was estimated that Chinese travelers made around 3 billion trips during the 40-day Spring Festival period. In 2020, the travel rush will be from January 10th to February 18th.

Chinese New Year Largest Annual Human Migration

Every major city was hit first. Why? Because the Chinese are avid tourists and the New Year is the largest travel season of the year. There are some places they don't go, and that is also evident in this animation. Take a look at the dates of travel above - from 1/10-2/18 when looking at the animation and then the following 14 days after.

From the major cities where airports are, it spread outward from there.

And which major cities have the most flights to and from China? New York City, Newark (NJ), LA, San Francisco, Seattle, Atlanta, Chicago, Boston.

Source

It aligns perfectly with all of the dates the government has put travel bans in place and shelter orders.

It shows how quickly this can and will get out of hand if we don't listen.

Click the Animate Spread Button

See for yourself. It certainly changed my perspective a bit.

~Namaste

PS - this is not meant to induce fear, it's meant to inform with facts and data.
edit on 22-3-2020 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

Oh were in trouble alright.

Might have something to do with all the people that thought it a stupid hoax and still do...

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Just wait till all the dumbass spring breakers flock home..

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Oh were in trouble alright.

Might have something to do with all the people that thought it a stupid hoax and still do...

I don't think the virus is a hoax.

I do think what's being done as a result might be.

Something just doesn't feel right about it... my gut tells me this is a pre-cursor for a power grab. I can't say from who or for what.

During the 1918 flu, they took similar measures to what they are doing now. China made the same mistakes that Philadelphia did in 1918. They allowed a massive group of people to gather amidst a massive breakout of the disease. In Philadelphia, it was a parade on September 28th, 1918. In China, it was a banquet one week before the Chinese New Year travel. 200,000 in the parade, 40,000 families at the banquet. They didn't put social distancing in place until AFTER the spread occurred. By then, it was too late. The difference, is you knew you had the flu within 24-72 hours of contact with someone infected. With COVID, you might not know for 14 days. Traveling around the world wasn't as rapid as it is today.

There is something more to this, and only time may reveal what it is.

Keep your eyes on the pages of the stimulus bill.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The animation shows very clearly - STOP THE SPREAD.

Even if you take South Korea as the best scenario, if this continues to spread, it will have an average mortality of around 3-5% world-wide. When the final numbers come in, if it can be contained, the death toll will be far lower but could still be hundreds of thousands dead. If it's not contained, and only one-third of the US population contracts it, you're still looking at potentially MILLIONS dying. That is devastating and catastrophic, regardless of the age group.

The world population during the 1918 flu was significantly less than it is now. Travel was nothing like it is today. Granted, neither was medical care. However, all things considered, if there isn't a good treatment or vaccine that can be crafted quickly, we are looking at potentially millions of people world-wide dead by this time next year, many of which might be Americans.

It took 13 weeks for the "curve" of the 1918 flu to level off, which had a 24-72 hour dormant period, not 14 days. I think this is why they are throwing June out there. That flu also had a 10-20% mortality rate, and this is anywhere from .5-10%.

No matter how you cut it, the most effective measure by far, both in 1918 around the world, and now with COVID, is to distance yourself and any contact from others long enough to starve the virus out.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   

No matter how you cut it, the most effective measure by far, both in 1918 around the world, and now with COVID, is to distance yourself and any contact from others long enough to starve the virus out. 

You speak truth and wisdom, the problem lies with those of us that cannot see it.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Adding doom and gloom to an already disturbing animation, my pleasure to present one of Gods wonders. Be careful what you wish for......www.youtube.com...
edit on 22-3-2020 by Plotus because: no one gets out alive

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Ya know, I could swear that me and 4 other family members had this back in January. All of us had to take antibiotics, and none of us tested positive for the flu, but had cough, fever, and aches that lasted almost a month. It was all respiratory. Considering that this thing was allowed to float unchecked for at least a couple months, lets suppose that it already arrived here long before the bell rang.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The thing that surprises me is the spread in developed countries, whereas the third world is apparently largely untouched.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I keep thinking about this scene over and over the past week. It is somehow fitting.

top topics

join