It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panic???....How's this???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
So, we have a 1,200 lb Prime steer we are getting ready to process. He'll be over 900 on the "hook".

We had four buyers fighting over him, but (3) have backed out. No matter.

And so we will have him processed next month...and he will go to the local food shelter, every bit of it. Every last bit.

We give back to our community. Always.

There are many who are not so fortunate as the rest of us...they should eat too, and eat well!

And so we stand!

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Sweet.

I like that even though you're telling us about it, it remains anonymous.
:
edit on 2020 3 22 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Glad to hear from ya FCD. Sounds like you're fairing well. It's awesome you're able to provide for your community. I'm sure a lot of people will be very appreciative of your efforts.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

So, what, you want to know where the beef will show up?

I will gladly give you the address, if you wish.

It will be the place the last 1,700 pound has shown up.

At the food bank in Bennett, Colorado

We donate over 1,000 lbs per year!

So...where have YOUR food donations showed up???

ETA - We bring in processed beef by the TRUCK load...even this year...what do YOU do?"???????

I'm waiting....LOL!!!

edit on 3/22/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   

In this weird time, we need to take care of people who might be vulnerable.
I hope EVERYONE does what they can.....we are all in this together whether we like it or not.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

We're tryin'.

We really are.

I don't believe in free money, but we can do something for all of us….and we're trying.

link   
Tpl.

link   
Dbl.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   
This is gonna have me craving a steak all day FCD. Poor steer I bet he has no clue he's about to be done in.
I've often wondered if its even profitable to raise beef any longer by the time you feed it all the way up to slaughter with todays cost of living.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   
No beef today at the grocery stores. Except really expensive cuts.

People in Colorado are lucky to have you. You will keep so many people well fed and nourished through your hard work and caring spirit. And all I can do is make sandwiches for the homeless. I am truly humbled. Guess I know who is more talented.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I think it's a great thing you are doing!!

Over here in my country we are also looking at what we can give back to the farmers because with the supermarkets making records sales it stands to reason prizes normally drop and farmers get less for their product.

In Germany, one retailer has already put 5 cents on top of the milk price which will go directly into the pocket of the farmers.

Solidarity is the only thing that is going to get us through this.

Peace

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I donated copious amounts of food after the brash of tornadoes in Ohio where I live, but I'm afraid I have nothing to donate right now due to tragedy before the virus. I'm behind on everything, I've been on and off out of work for weeks and months since December, in pain and on crutches, with small bouts of periods where I could work. Now being one of them, though I lost half of last week due to my gout acting up, which I apparently have, but can do little about besides the right diet, which is screwed due to limited food options due to the panic. Well not completely screwed, apparently no one wants to bulk buy tart cherry juice, at least I have that, and a girl friend who will tend to my ankle with ice packs and hot water with Epson salts. I don't have insurance, can't afford it with my job, and what insurance it does offer is a joke.

As much as I'm not scared of the virus personally, lately it's been terrifying me, not because of me or anyone in my household, but my job. I'm a home health aide, and I have clients I know, for a fact, damn near 100% will die if they get the virus. I don't want to be responsible for that. But clients also need help, and I need money. So... until my job stops sending me and clients receive me, I guess I'm stuck. I'm just not looking forward to the potential guilt if anything happens to any of them and it turns out I'm a carrier which with the window before showing signs is always possible. If I wasn't in the job I'm in, I'd continue being unconcerned... but I'm in that unfortunate position, that since I'm not a psychopath I need to be concerned.

Normally I'm one of the first people to help if I can, but this time... I really can't. I have no food to donate because I don't have food, I have no money to donate because I don't have money, and I struggle just to do my job due to fighting gout, I have no way to properly manage, with all my being. So even if the situation allowed for donating time, I'm barely capable of anything anyway.

I hate doing nothing, I hate not being able to help others in this tragedy. What can I do?

On a side note, thanks to my gout, apparently beef is off the table except for rare special occasions when I break the rules... I miss beef, and turkey, and so many things...

Well, now I'm off to take care of the highest at risk client I have... So don't want to go... I don't know why I'm so afraid of something outside my control...
edit on 3/22/2020 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

I bet we are all craving for that steak right now. He might have a clue, and is just waiting for the right moment... But no it's a stupid bull, don't underestimate these animals, they are clever and very strong.
Make shure you have the paperwork in order, and stay save FCD.

Sincerely NC
edit on 22-3-2020 by NoConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: incoserv

So, what, you want to know where the beef will show up?

I will gladly give you the address, if you wish.

It will be the place the last 1,700 pound has shown up.

At the food bank in Bennett, Colorado

We donate over 1,000 lbs per year!

So...where have YOUR food donations showed up???

ETA - We bring in processed beef by the TRUCK load...even this year...what do YOU do?"???????

I'm waiting....LOL!!!

I may be wrong, but I don't think that was intended to be a dig FCD, it just didn't sound as good in text format as it did in thought.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Great FCD. Best to you...stay well.....MS

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Do you do your own processing or bring it to somewhere that does?

I had to go out and buy soup bones from the people we get our beef from. We ran out of meaty soup bones. I thought they would have lots of orders and be out of their beef they supply to stores, but I guess most people do not like to pay extra for grass fed organic beef. Their price is very reasonable for the quality and taste of the beef, but the stores they bring it to want a fifty percent markup on stuff like that.

I do not need organic beef, but the quality and taste of the beef from them is really good. I guess after thirty years of raising cattle, they learned what food chemistries help to make the beef taste good.

I cannot tell the difference between their beef from before when it was grass fed organic. But I can see the difference in how much we pay, because it costs them at least two hundred bucks a head for the certifications.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I do nothing to encourage the self entitled or the lazy. Nature has a way of thinning the herd when others cannot hack. Its kind of the way things happen. The vulnerable and the weak perish, the strong survive. Natures plan. I firmly believe that there was never supposed to be nearly 8 billion of us. We tried to change the rules, circumvent natures design. BOOM, here comes a virus. Nature finds a way. Regardless of how many you try to save, nature finds a way. We are fleas of the a** end of the universe. A soul is not bound by such importance, or proclivity.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I had to go out and buy soup bones from the people we get our beef from. We ran out of meaty soup bones. I thought they would have lots of orders and be out of their beef they supply to stores, but I guess most people do not like to pay extra for grass fed organic beef. Their price is very reasonable for the quality and taste of the beef, but the stores they bring it to want a fifty percent markup on stuff like that.

I do not need organic beef, but the quality and taste of the beef from them is really good. I guess after thirty years of raising cattle, they learned what food chemistries help to make the beef taste good.

I cannot tell the difference between their beef from before when it was grass fed organic. But I can see the difference in how much we pay, because it costs them at least two hundred bucks a head for the certifications.

No, we send them out for processing, don't have the facilities for that. (at least not the USDA certified facilities anyway). But the processor we use is a custom outfit and small, and we know the owners.

Ours are all grass fed also, but I don't bother with the organic certifications. Buyers are welcome to come over and see the operation and decide for themselves. Not a pound of corn on site. The certification is nothing more than another 'tax' because it accomplishes exactly zero but add to the final cost. This way everyone saves.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: rickymouse

No, we send them out for processing, don't have the facilities for that. (at least not the USDA certified facilities anyway). But the processor we use is a custom outfit and small, and we know the owners.

Ours are all grass fed also, but I don't bother with the organic certifications. Buyers are welcome to come over and see the operation and decide for themselves. Not a pound of corn on site. The certification is nothing more than another 'tax' because it accomplishes exactly zero but add to the final cost. This way everyone saves.

The only way that the certification is needed is if the Farmer is corrupt and cutting corners. I have been buying beef by the half or whole head for around thirty years now, all the farmers I got the cows from were good and honest, but one year I had to buy a cow from one of the farmers brother, fed one hundred percent grain. I did not think that the brother of that guy would be so different as to how he took care of his beef, that steer never went outside of the barn. That meat sucked, it was an angus hereford cross, you could cut the steak with a fork, but it was almost all super marbled fat, it had no taste.

I gave away most of that cow, it was only a buck a pound hanging weight back then. Some people who ate store bought flavorless beef loved it, I want flavor not tender. There was a lot of fat on that cow, I only got fifty nine percent

new topics

top topics

join