It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

christians SHOULD be persecuted...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: stormson
You certainly brought out the torches and pitchforks in this thread, didn't you? The angry mob is upon you ready to convert you or kill you, your choice.

What you have to understand is that Christianity is not one religion, it is many. The only two things that tie Christians together is a central figure, and a book. Otherwise, they are as varied as snowflakes. No two are alike. In some cases, they're even willing to murder one another, or at least condemn each other to eternal damnation over their differences, because their sect is the only one that's right.

Whatever you say General Generalizations.

"All Atheists are immoral people" see how dumb that sounds?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Isn't it Gods will to bring a man in church with a gun to kill the people inside? Isn't it also Gods will to bring a man into the church with a gun to stop the first man from killing everyone? Gods will or not. I can use my free will which is gods will and protect the lives of others and if lucky, myself.

You religious people need to put it in the secondary bin in your head... i dont how to word it. Family, Friends, God, Country, Self. If that's not the order you live your life then you live with self selfish ignorance.

For us mortals to think we understand Gods will....

I worship God in my own way. I don't follow others tainted and ignorant view of an infinite being. The bible was written by men to control men.(oh boy has it worked incredibly and scarily well.)

May you all live long and prosper.
edit on 22-3-2020 by TheGhoul because: I can

edit on 22-3-2020 by TheGhoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

???

Yes. Yet that is what Christians believe in GENERAL.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I have had a C.C.W. license since 2010.Do you want
to know WHERE I had my classes at? The Baptist church
I belonged to.
I didn't read your entire op because I felt it would be a
waste of time.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

they seem to forget that christ was a pacifist. they forget the whole "turn the other cheek". they forget how the "meek will inherit the earth". they forget that most of the disciples were executed and never put up a fight. (i figure that if jesus ever said fighting was ok then the disciples would have done it)

I believe you are mistaken in that Jesus was a pacifist. Jesus was not a pacifist and that was clearly shown in His righteous anger in the temple money changers event. A true pacifist would have obeyed the edicts of Rome and refrained from agitating Roman law.

When Jesus sent the disciples out to establish His doctrine, He knew that the settlements were far apart and exposed the disciples to danger from mostly wild animals as well as bandits. This also plainly shows that God does not micro manage every happening in this world. God has a perfect will and a permissive will but due to all men willfully sinning it is impossible that any person can meet the requirements of His perfect will.

As for resisting an enemy, it is only common sense that a man protect his household from danger as well as it is his responsibility to protect and care for his house as well as he can. All disciples were not Apostles only and it was not Apostles only that were persecuted. Women as well as men were murdered for the acceptance of the Christ. Why did God allow this? Because all of this procreated world is not in the perfect will of God and never will be in His perfect will. God did not create anyone existing from Adam. Man procreated himself in the permissive will of God and man is to blame for all of the woes of life. Not God. But man. Never forget that. Don't blame God for what you willfully do yourself.

As for you singling out Christianity is not fair at all. You never mentioned any other religion except Christianity and i find that repulsive to say the least. There is not one religion in complete accordance with the perfect will of their Creator that has ever existed. Not one. In fact the name Christianity is the dumping ground for a greater share of those such as Mormon or J.W. who are not Christians by any sort of claim. The hundreds of offshoots of Roman Catholic can also be accounted. What is left is a very small number of true Christians who you seem to think are the greater problem in this world than the head chopper Muslims that exist today.

You need a bible scholar to teach you how to read the bible and quit this verse thing that so many are into today. When you read the NT you should always be aware of who is speaking, and to whom he/she is talking to. All authors of the NT literature are not talking directly to you but have written to selected groups of people and their needs in various circumstances. I doubt that not one had any idea that their letters would be complied into a book and used in the manner as being used today. I also doubt that every letter was without some error or complete in thought. All men have sinned and this includes the Apostles. They and their disciples were not in the perfect will of their Creator and all died in judgment.

Then how are we to read the scriptures? We are to read the scriptures as to being taught the trial and errors of the permissive will of God through Jesus. That is called grace. Not by i did this so you must do the same. That was not the intent of free will. We all should use the NT as a guide to correct our understandings of our Most High Father God. Even then we all must have grace [His permissive will] or perish. Most all I have read is using another sinners opinion to vindicate their sin. That is not honesty to those who do this nor to the ones they are trying to teach. Apostles were not sinless nor did they teach perfection. They taught justification by grace.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: JDmOKI

???

Yes. Yet that is what Christians believe in GENERAL.

By definition atheists are immoral but atheism has never been proven before. It's a little like the theory of evolution in that manner.
edit on 23-3-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   

So you figure that according the Bible you should persecute Christians?

Can you follow the Bible and not be a Christian?

I don't think it's necessary to spread the Bible to spread persecution.

If you would be persecuted OP, it wouldn't be because of your righteousness.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   
All in all there's no difference between Christians and atheists.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The Christians should be persecuted

or persecuting is what the wicked do naturally and that's why Christians will find themselves persecuted.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Maybe you should go to church and preach it there or do you never leave the basement?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Christians are a disgrace to everyone. They arrogantly assume they know all while following a stupid book of fiction. They are just as bad as any religious extremists and should be dealt with as such. They have no logic and are absolutely worthless to society. We should have eradicated them by now. They are a waste of space and fueled by hate based on their fantasy book.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucky109

That post was either entertainment or confusion. What movie are you living in?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join