It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

christians SHOULD be persecuted...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: stormson
I'm a christian. I don't have guns but go ahead, just try to persecute me.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormson
so ive seen a lot of christians doing things in regard to defense and persecution that just doesnt seem very christlike. the biggest one is taking guns into church. i figure the one place your god would protect you would be in his own house, if he chose to, and if not that is his will, no?

they seem to forget that christ was a pacifist. they forget the whole "turn the other cheek". they forget how the "meek will inherit the earth". they forget that most of the disciples were executed and never put up a fight. (i figure that if jesus ever said fighting was ok then the disciples would have done it)

. . .

"whatever dude, i aint turning the cheek to no man. ill defend myself. it may be a sin, but im forgiven."

Uhhhh . . . nope. Not buying what you're selling.

Christ exhorted His followers to buy a sword.

Simplistic claims about part of what Christ said & taught rarely hold up well to closer scrutiny.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
I'm a christian. I don't have guns but go ahead, just try to persecute me.

why? what will you do? will you follow scripture, or your own heart? will you trust in your god to defend/avenge you, or will you take that into your own hands?

your answers tell me whether you actually follow christ, or the other guy.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoseGarcia

so ive seen a lot of christians doing things in regard to defense and persecution that just doesnt seem very christlike. the biggest one is taking guns into church. i figure the one place your god would protect you would be in his own house, if he chose to, and if not that is his will, no?

they seem to forget that christ was a pacifist. they forget the whole "turn the other cheek". they forget how the "meek will inherit the earth". they forget that most of the disciples were executed and never put up a fight. (i figure that if jesus ever said fighting was ok then the disciples would have done it)

. . .

"whatever dude, i aint turning the cheek to no man. ill defend myself. it may be a sin, but im forgiven."

Uhhhh . . . nope. Not buying what you're selling.

Christ exhorted His followers to buy a sword.

Simplistic claims about part of what Christ said & taught rarely hold up well to closer scrutiny.

did you even read the post?

did you read how in the very next verse he explained how the sword was a prop?

did you even read the bible?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   

This seems like a very bigoted OP, but I am not surprised. I would rather hang with a bunch of Christians over Atheists. Both can be annoying, but at least I understand someone who believes in a greater power than themselves.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

This seems like a very bigoted OP, but I am not surprised. I would rather hang with a bunch of Christians over Atheists. Both can be annoying, but at least I understand someone who believes in a greater power than themselves.

bigoted? how so? i pointed out a behavior, showed how it was incorrect, backed it with scripture.

atheist? i can assure you i believe in a higher power.

but tell me, how can you trust christians that profess to follow a messiah, a god, and yet they do the opposite of what he said to do? they say one thing and do the other.

actually, it makes sense. hear what they say, believe they will do the opposite, and you now know what they will actually do. nice.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I happen to remember when Christ went after the money changers with a whip in the temple. And just wait till he comes back next time...….

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   

While I might agree, I can’t force nor will force my opinion on others, are you going to, what if they don’t accept it your opinion, beat it into them, maybe at extreme prejudice

What’s your answer stormy, how do you enforce your views on others, want a sword, you can borrow mine

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Good point. This is a true outlier I can't explain with concrete certainty.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

While I might agree, I can’t force nor will force my opinion on others, are you going to, what if they don’t accept it your opinion, beat it into them, maybe at extreme prejudice

What’s your answer stormy, how do you enforce your views on others, want a sword, you can borrow mine

That is the paradox.

With Christins that followed scripture, I could force them to behave, but not believe, in certain ways, not too far though because they would accept death as martyrdom. This was why Rome had such a problem with the in the early days.

With the others, the fighters, I could break and they would do whatever I wanted. Their love of life trump's their faith.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   
double, some how
edit on 22-3-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Clearly you know nothing on the ways of how God works. You cannot be negligent of common sense and expect God to intervene. It does not work that way. God will not help, just because you expect it.

God works in mysterious ways.

I find in my life, with my experiences of God - He never gives me an answer, no matter how much I ask for it. BUT - He will give me the doors or the keys to the answer. You always need to keep your eyes and mind open.

God is merciful and understanding. You need to work for the answer, but God will assist along the way if you have the intuition and knowledge of what to notice.

Imagine our world as the inside of a motherboard/chips. We humans are only programmed to understand to a limitation; God is on the outside of that system. We cannot understand it. Much like how I can unplug an O2 sensor on my Toyota. It knows something is wrong, but it does not understand why, because it was not programmed to understand beyond its limitations.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: stormson you are a freaking idiot,very self centered as well as ignorant,who gives a flying F what you care for or want

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Do not judge because with the same measure you will be judged.

How Christlike are you?
edit on 22-3-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
God isn't looking down at every church service in the world making sure that no shooters or warfare harms them. God isn't looking out for the personal well being of any Christians, he doesn't pick favorites either.

ALL of that is fantasy BS. God may be real, but he isn't violating the free will of anyone, good to the most evil and everything inbetween.

That's what makes people special, right? We have free will to do anything our heart desires. My dog has free will too. He got bored earlier and had the concious thought of wanting to play, it wasn't driven by a command or for food. He just.. had the thought of wanting to play so he came over and kept trying to get my attention completely out of nowhere for seemingly no reason. This means most animals have free will too, they just have much smaller, simpler brains.

Anyway, an old idea I used to have was that God will never violate free will directly because if it did, it would be known as a fact that God is real and interfering in people's daily lives. If God was showing itself undisputedly, life would be a utopia and there'd be no evil in the world.

Who would sin if God was a proven, scientific fact? God is sitting on a cloud in the sky everyday for all to see, he knows and sees everything, acting on daily life as it sees fit. Would anyone sin or dispute its existence? Need to believe? Have pep rallies at churches to keep their faith up that it exists?
edit on 22-3-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

Anyway, an old idea I used to have was that God will never violate free will directly because if it did, it would be known as a fact that God is real and interfering in people's daily lives. If God was showing itself undisputedly, life would be a utopia and there'd be no evil in the world.

Who would sin if God was a proven, scientific fact? God is sitting on a cloud in the sky everyday for all to see, he knows and sees everything, acting on daily life as it sees fit. Would anyone sin or dispute its existence? Need to believe? Have pep rallies at churches to keep their faith up that it exists?

People are still doubting sin even exists.

If God would be a scientific fact people would still need to repent and probably would call God tyrannical.

?

Some people think too much.
edit on 22-3-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
They wouldn't need to repent unless God said that they did.

According to the Bible, written by men, God would require them too.

Repent for doubting that God existed, and yet in this hypothetical scenario, God has been known to be real forever and didn't recently appear in the sky on a cloud.

You hit the nail on the head -- some people think too much and I fear we've just entered the waste of time zone. The entire thread is in the zone, like many others. Whatever entertains people. Next level dog wanting to play out of boredom.
edit on 22-3-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
You certainly brought out the torches and pitchforks in this thread, didn't you? The angry mob is upon you ready to convert you or kill you, your choice.

What you have to understand is that Christianity is not one religion, it is many. The only two things that tie Christians together is a central figure, and a book. Otherwise, they are as varied as snowflakes. No two are alike. In some cases, they're even willing to murder one another, or at least condemn each other to eternal damnation over their differences, because their sect is the only one that's right.

edit on 3/22/2020 by Klassified because: ran out of TP

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

God allows the good with the bad because in some cases the potential good outweighs the potential bad, and that is the case with free will.

Sure God could force us all to the right thing every time in every way, but then we would be simple automatons always directly under His control. For us to be thinking beings like we are and to have the capacity to choose Him and His way, He has to allow that many of us will not choose Him. And when we don't, that allows for bad things, sometimes very, very bad things.

And for that free will choice to exist, it means He allows for the bad to happen as well as the good because He deems the good -- our choice to do right when we choose it -- to outweigh the bad. Perfection would be no choice at all.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Stop claiming to be an expert theologian. You didn't get anyone with you cherry picked scripture You're just being an ass. This crap troll post is why i can never claim the title atheist.

This type of atheism (or whatever you are) is the same level as a bible thumper telling me i'm going to hell.

I'm so tired of EXPERT atheists on the subject of religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join