It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus Is Killing NYC Residents At a Rate Of 1 Death Per Hour...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlbatrossMaker
a reply to: Edumakated

The death rate of Covid is not 4.2%. It is closer to 1% now and even that number is specious because it is based on known cases, not number of infected.

Edumakated,
The “official” death rate is calculated using those not dead yet as surviving the disease. Look at the outcome of cases. . .Death rate appears to be 66% in the US.

In that case, the sample size is too small to mean anything. The number of cases that have proceeded to a close is minuscule.
edit on 21 3 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I do appreciate the compliment

I think that what a lot of people are finding is that they are habituated to living in a constant flux of extreme emotions. Up until now, there wasnt actual important things to do this with, so all kinds of drama was drummed up. Plenty of which had plenty of actual important consequences.

Now, its a bit different. Some are completely panicked about the virus, some about the response to that virus by people, some about the government response, some mix, etc. Theres literally something for everyone.

In that.. Maybe we can really try to take it easy on each other? I know it can be tough, but I think we all have something in this that is deeply to concerning us. And, when emotions already run high before a crisis, it can make us fall apart.

I know its tough..

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: carewemust

a reply to: Serdgiam

ETA: I'm probably about to get a vacation for telling off an anti-military coward on another thread, so see ya'll!

One of those types that my hero General Patton slapped, for whimpering in the hospital, while surrounded by brave soldiers who were injured in battle?

Just look at this. My response was already removed.

Yeah..well, if a riot starts in his neighborhood, he'll be glad to see the Army/NatGuard show up to protect his family.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

On the weekends, I shuttle people all over the place as a part-time Lyft driver. Haven't meant a "scared" person yet, even though we (Illinois) are on a stay-at-home lockdown till April 7th. Haven't met anyone who knows someone with Covid-19 either. (Including a traveling Registered Nurse.)

But almost everyone who works in a service sector, or certain types of factories are becoming VERY angry. After getting laid off they took the time to learn some statistics. Covid-19 is waaaaaay down the list of things that kill Americans.

I explain that it's the latest Democrat hatched plot to damage President Trump.

Democrat and Independent voters feel betrayed when I explain to them how expendable they are. Republican voters are constantly pissed, due to the constant attacks by Dims/MSM against President Trump.

edit on 3/21/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

In numbers. That's 7 million in the United States alone. A little over 2% of our roughly 327 million person population.

That's a lot of dead people in just one go. Well more than double the amount of people that die yearly in the US.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

I do appreciate the compliment

I think that what a lot of people are finding is that they are habituated to living in a constant flux of extreme emotions. Up until now, there wasnt actual important things to do this with, so all kinds of drama was drummed up. Plenty of which had plenty of actual important consequences.

Now, its a bit different. Some are completely panicked about the virus, some about the response to that virus by people, some about the government response, some mix, etc. Theres literally something for everyone.

In that.. Maybe we can really try to take it easy on each other? I know it can be tough, but I think we all have something in this that is deeply to concerning us. And, when emotions already run high before a crisis, it can make us fall apart.

I know its tough..

For sure, it has spiraled into something that everyone can get upset at in some way, shape or form.

For me, my biggest concern is people overreacting to the virus. They're not really a threat to me. I live in rural PA. Nobody is panicking out here. Stores are still stocked, and we're all doing our best to support our local small businesses so they can keep paying their employees. Nobody is fighting and all that nonsense.

I'm more worried about my relatives that live in/near cities and are much more susceptible to the craziness. And of course, while the odds are low, I don't want anyone in my circle to get sick. And I want to see people who have lost income because of the government-mandated shutdowns get compensated by the government and our economy recover when this is all over.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

ETA: I'm probably about to get a vacation for telling off an anti-military coward on another thread, so see ya'll!

One of those types that my hero General Patton slapped, for whimpering in the hospital, while surrounded by brave soldiers who were injured in battle?

Just look at this. My response was already removed.

Yeah..well, if a riot starts in his neighborhood, he'll be glad to see the Army/NatGuard show up to protect his family.

Oh, you know it. Just like all the dbags who bash cops are the first ones to call the police when # goes down in their neighborhood. Come protect me! Sheltered hypocrites.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouAreLiedTo

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
For perspective:

Before corona, there was a death in NYC once every 9.1 minutes

So now instead of 6 death per hour it’s 7 deaths.

That's a huge #ing increase for the first week...

What "first week" ?

Remember this post and watch. And let it change your judgement in the future.

You did not answer my question about "what first week?".
Deflection ?
Attempt to ignore logic and reason ?

I say both.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

a reply to: Cobaltic1978

The influenza virus killed between 12,000 and 30,000 people in the usa last year.

That's with vaccines and antibodies.

You can multiply that by 10-50x with a strain we can't control...

Edit: Yes, San Fransisco has the largest Chinese population in the country.

You can multiply that by 10-50x with a strain we can't control...

And you got the multiplier where ?
Bullwinkle - "Hey , Rocky , watch me pull some numbers out of a hat"
Rocky - "That was not numbers, and it sure wasn't your hat"
Cite source .

Sources don't matter on this forum anymore.

The more facts we show, the harder some deny it.

You are all on your own at this point.

I'm just in the wings keeping score and offering advice.

No offense... I'm way past trying to explain anything to anyone.

They do to me.
Deflection ?
Ignoring truth , logic , reason ?
You don't have any sources to cite , do you ?

edit on 3/21/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Won't even give you an autopsy most of the time. Now that Italy is cremating the bodies they'll never be proof that they have 100s of people dying a day from Covid-19. No proof people are packing hospital ICUs either.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Pretty much the same here, though shelves arent great in stores.

Perhaps "panic" is the wrong word.. "At least a low level of anxiety, but perhaps just enough to occasionally make us behave differently in person or online than we might have before" doesnt have the same ring though

I think we have to be very, very careful about what we trust online, at this point. Anything that seems to intentionally, lovingly stroke that anxiety should be immediately suspect.

I think we kind of have to keep each other, and ourselves, in check about it all. And, coming from over a decade of the very opposite behavior, its not a small undertaking. For instance, I definitely feel that giving a stat as "death per hour" takes advantage of our limited sense of scale.

What I do know is that whatever the hell is going on, crises precipitate change.. And, this is the first time in history, that Im aware of, where every one of us that is connected has a little bit to give towards that process. I thought some of my ideas might help, so I shared. I also feel like I have perspectives that can help too, so here I am.

My biggest concerns are actually the same ones Ive always had: manufacturing, food supply, etc. They just seem a bit more imminent now, and regardless of how I feel about the relevance and efficacy of my own ideas.. Theres some organic elements to all of this.

Ive long felt that urban areas are not healthy for us in a myriad of ways though. I truly hope you and yours stay safe. Im not just saying this as words on a screen, but directly to you..

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

No I take all of it with a grain of salt and try and come to my own conclusions.

How do you know what the message is if you don't listen to it, if you selectively chose what you hear you're not getting a full picture.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: YouAreLiedTo

It's clear you are concerned over this. I can respect that. Some healthy precautions are duly warranted with new diseases we know little about.

I have never met you and I do not know you. However, I do know a few people who have adopted a similar attitude towards this situation as you have demonstrated on this thread.

While I respect their right to feel as they wish about the CV, I ask that they please respect my right to feel as I feel about it. It does not mean I do not take it seriously if I do not exhibit the same intensity and pessimism as they have.

I simply cannot get on board with what I see as myopic delusionism (probably not a word). We cannot escape all that is out to get us. CV is just the newest player and not a especially effective one at that. Many people will die from it...but most won't. As a species, that is how we have survived disease after disease for tens if not hundreds of thousands of years.

Viruses and bacteria will never give up thinking up new ways to make our lives miserable. I cannot view CV in anything but that light. The full impact of CV has yet to be seen. Are our precautions effective? Not sure yet. I can applaud erring on the side of caution but I am not sold on shutting down the planet just yet.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

In that case, the sample size is too small to mean anything. The number of cases that have proceeded to a close is minuscule.

Yes, small sample size is an issue in this case. But since sars-cov-2 is “novel”, that may not matter here. I had a side thought along with the small sample size (and I realize that the sample size of some diseases are many factors higher) that is that they ramped up testing the last couple days and the “outcome death rate” is still so high.

What that tells me is that a very high percent of people who are sick enough to seek medical attention die.

Florida considers “isolation camps” for those who test positive for covid19. . .DOJ seeks power to detain us citizens indefinitely. . .entire economies shuttered. . .either it’s the deep state or covid19 is deadly.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AlbatrossMaker

Florida considers “isolation camps” for those who test positive for covid19. . .DOJ seeks power to detain us citizens indefinitely. . .entire economies shuttered. . .either it’s the deep state or covid19 is deadly

Considering how many doctors on the front line are expressing deep concern over how deadly this virus is , it's a reasonable assumption that it is, that doesn't mean the deep state won't take advantage of the crisis however.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I thought the deep state was already in control. Eating babies and stuff.

edit on 3/21/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

When I say the deep state in my mind it's the uber rich, Bill gates the royals and those types, not within partisan lines of the U.S .

They are in control but they don't all get along and don't all want the same things, it doesnt really even make sense to me but it's the only way I can rationalise all the suffering in this world.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Irrational rationalization.

This thing is causing all sorts of cognitive dissonance.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Pobody's nerfect.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Re: www.worldometers.info...

New York State has identified 12,300 cases of Covid-19.
Of those 12,300 - 76 have died.

That's a 0.6% mortality (death rate).

Maybe the Covid-19 test kits governor Cuomo is using are too sensitive and giving false-positives?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join