It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People in Beijing begin to head outdoors - Check points come down in Wuhan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

After several days with no "home-grown" infections, according to China’s official figures, there is a feeling there that the coronavirus emergency appears to be under control.

People in Beijing are finally heading outdoors, as China correspondent Stephen McDonell reports.

People in Beijing begin to head outdoors

The command centre handling the crisis ordered that the checkpoints – set up when the city was locked down in January to contain the spread of the virus – be cleared starting from Friday, as Wuhan prepares to return to work.

But routes out of the city would remain blocked, according to a notice issued by the command centre.

A video posted on social media by Dahe Daily on Saturday showed several checkpoints being taken down in Huangpi district, and fireworks being set off to celebrate the removal of one in Xinzhou district.

fireworks in Wuhan as checkpoints are taken down, other cities in China ease controls

I thought there was some interesting information at the Wuhan link above. A quick search didn't find the videos at the link on YT yet.

Authorities are clearing check points and road blocks locally. The city as a whole, will still remain locked down. Most are getting ready to go back to work. They will not be traveling out of the city.

Locals are not believing the authorities about low case numbers and a lot may stay home.

These people saw way more than a flu happen to them.

It will be interesting to see if there are more people on the Wuhan live feed when the sun comes up this morning in China.

edit on 21-3-2020 by LookingAtMars because: add link and pic

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

and as soon as someone eats something from the Wuhan wet market, it will come back with a vengeance.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Pretty much..

And if its not this specific virus, itll be another in an ever lengthening list.

If the stories in the OP are true, Im genuinely happy for the Chinese people though.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The Chinese government will do anything at this point to downplay the severity of the situation. It's quite clear that the economic impact to them is about to hit harder than anywhere else in the world, as most other countries are likely going to pull out their manufacturing and business.

Given their irresponsibility with this, we should take the government's advice and "Wash our hands"...

...of China.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMarsI am highly suspicious of this to be honest. I don't think many will trust what they are reporting considering it's pretty obvious they have hidden the true numbers of those affected.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

The Chinese government will do anything at this point to downplay the severity of the situation. It's quite clear that the economic impact to them is about to hit harder than anywhere else in the world, as most other countries are likely going to pull out their manufacturing and business.

IDK, Italy and Iran have been hit worst I think, Europe is still climbing.

And this has just started in the US. Comparatively, the US is in very bad shape as far as the fact that we are at the bottom of our curve. Climbing faster than any other country did at this early point in the curve, we are trying to flatten.

I agree 100% about not trusting China or really anyone about numbers.

edit on 21-3-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Mysterychic88

Yeap,

There is good reason not to believe the news of a police state, it's called PROPAGANDA

If this is true, odds are, it's just the elite rich outside, everyone else doesn't get that luxury.

REMEMBER THEY WERE PLACING PEOPLE IN BOXES AN DRAGGING THEM JUST MONTHS AGO...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

as most other countries are likely going to pull out their manufacturing and business.

i certainly hope so, im sick and tired of buying crappy products that has the label MADE IN CHINA

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Yea,,,,,can't believe anything coming from the loving CCP!

Here are a couple vids one discusses how the WHO is in bed with the CCP and how corrupt the WHO is another is of a guy who just GTFO out of China and moved to the US. He is reporting on what he is discussing with his friends who are stuck in China.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

IDK, Italy and Iran have been hit worst I think, Europe is still climbing.

And this has just started in the US. Comparatively, the US is in very bad shape as far as the fact that we are at the bottom of our curve. Climbing faster than any other country did at this early point in the curve, we are trying to flatten.

I agree 100% about not trusting China or really anyone about numbers.

Italy and Europe won't suffer from the backlash that China will, that was what I was alluding to.

When they bounce back, any business we have in those countries will likely remain.

Not so with China. When the rest of the world recovers from this, they will all be laser focused on China's culpability, and the only consequences in today's world, short of all out war, would be to take our business away from them and minimize our exposure to this type of incident occurring again. I'm not suggesting we isolate them or ostracize them... I'm suggesting that they don't deserve to be an economic engine of the world if they don't give a flying f**k about the health of the rest of the world they do business with.

It's like the person that knowingly has the flu, and shows up to work and shakes hands with everyone, touches everything, coughs openly without covering their mouth... the first thought is to beat their ass for the lack of care and compassion for others, the second is to send them home.

If one country can be so negligent, and has the ability to affect BILLIONS of people, they should be sent home. And stay home until they get their "disease" or "illness" under control. China has a consistent problem of showing up to work when they are sick, and this is the last straw.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Not so with China. When the rest of the world recovers from this, they will all be laser focused on China's culpability, and the only consequences in today's world, short of all out war, would be to take our business away from them and minimize our exposure to this type of incident occurring again. I'm not suggesting we isolate them or ostracize them... I'm suggesting that they don't deserve to be an economic engine of the world if they don't give a flying f**k about the health of the rest of the world they do business with.

I hope China is F#ed. They need to be. I don't see how the government of China will be able to keep the people under control.

I think an overthrow may be coming to China.

It started in Hong Kong. China may have thought this virus would stop it. If true, it has backfired on China. The people in China are really pissed now.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

It will be interesting to see if there are more people on the Wuhan live feed when the sun comes up this morning in China.

When the Sun came up the only feed was of the Hospital.

Now the Feeds have gone black.

Maybe it will come back up and this is just a coincidence?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
And that's after 3 months + of lockdown, wielding people inside their homes, building new hospitals in record time.

While us in the "western" part of the world are being told to wash our hands and keep distance and everything will be fine.

top topics

join