It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 5 Laws of Gold: (aka the conspiracy of the rich)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
whomever is the mod thats monitoring this threads replys...
get a reaL LIFE'

my hand and any accidental keyboard stroke, did not result in the garbage-can treatment of my composition/reply !
i can only assume that the content was not welcomed...

in my best recollection, the cited 5 rules/laws of gold,
were stated ages ago by the philosopher we know as 'Confucius'

the modern/updated version tells us to 'diversify'
and to focus on 'compound interest' paying vehicles of investment
and to not 'get greedy' as that will cloud ones' investment decisions.

these 5 rules/laws are OK to an extent
but if one dwells on accumulating wealth--- your on the incorrect path to begin with -> imho

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I don't know if you mentioned this but it might be worth mentioning again. A lot of people might say. " I can't put 1/10 of my money away because there's less than nothing to put away." The book says that you have found a way to go about with what you have and you can go about it with less if forced to. You will always spend accordingly so you must pay yourself first.
Also you are not to leave the money in the bank. You are to be ready to jump on the right opportunity to make money. The only reason you are poor is because you have not tried to become wealthy.
That 1/10 of your money is not to buy something that you like that will make you happy. That 10% is to be used only to reproduce more money.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Let me tell you that I come originally from a worktown in UK. I completely agree that there is no witting conspiracy by the rich to keep the poor poor. Nearly everybody among the poor has at least one opportunity - usually many - to escape. There are however forces at work among the poor themselves that prevent people from escaping. Anybody who wants to go to college, emigrate, move to a better job, is met with "What do you want to do that for?" So few do escape.

Also, I want to point out that the many of the working classes earn good money. But they spend it on drink, cigarettes, gambling, fast food and other junk. If they followed the easy principle of paying themselves 10% first, they would ease their circumstances considerably. But they don't. The 10% goes on drink. Please don't think I am sneering. What I am saying I have seen first hand. I have seen it too often. I have seen far too many people being prevented from reaching their full potential through ignorance.

I do not accept the provisos that some people cannot reach their true potential because they are ill or handicapped. Professor Stephen Hawking has motor neurone disease. He goes around in a powered wheelchair, has to have a machine to do the talking for him, has to be fed by others, etc. Now if he is fit for work, I am sure that someone who is staying at home living on state benefits with a bad back can improve his circumstances with a little effort.

It is certainly true that people are limited by themselves, and will just find excuses for their misfortunes.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join