It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any ideas on shows to watch when stuck at home?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Looking for suggestions on what to binge watch if I’m quarantined. I’ll also offer some shows I’ve seen and would recommend.

Black Mirror. It’s like the twilight zone/outer limits/Alfred Hitchcock but more our time. Seen them all, I might watch them all again.

Mcmillions, just wrapped up, it was interesting. I might watch that again now that I can watch each episode back to back. It’s about the McDonalds monopoly scam.

Stranger things. Not sure how to sum this up, fantasy adventure. Almost like goonies with the cast, but not anything like goonies. Watch a trailer.

The Orville. Kind of like Star Trek but add Seth McFarland humor (family guy).

Trailer Park Boys. Life in a trailer park with focus on the degenerate population of that park (not all trailer parks, just this one).

Corner Gas. Not many people know about this one. Really funny show. About a gas station in rural Canada and the connected diner. Sounds really stupid but it really has it moments.

Anyone have their own go to shows for just mindless entertainment on the couch? I’m all ears!!

Thanks!!

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I am rewatching Supernatural from the beginning...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

The Wire just for this scene alone:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure this isn't what you were looking for. But you asked so I'm answering.

I've been making a mental list of old movies -- before even my time! -- I'm going to watch if it comes to that...

I'll start with The Road series with Bob Hope and Bing Crosby... some Lilies of the Field and the old Fatima movie and definitely Tomasina... Canterbury Tales... and The Court Jester... actually anything with Danny Kaye...

If I need more, I'll start looking for some of the old Rogers and Hammerstein musicals.

I won't want anything that reminds me of the crap going on these days. Funny and light hearted is about all I'll be looking for!

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

If you can get ION station they have daily binges you can
watch.Monday and Tuesday-Criminal Minds,Wednesday-
Blue Bloods,Thursday-ChicagoPD*,Friday-NCIS,Saturday-
Criminal Intent SVU.

*Mama's favorite followed by Blue Bloods.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Never seen that one, I’ll look that up. Thanks!!

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I agree, I’m not really into old movies. That did remind me of another show tho! Mystery science theater 3000.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Doctor Who has been running for fifty years. When else would you get such a good chance to catch up and get acquainted with the whole set of Doctors?
It was a Doctor (Tom Baker) who announced as the First Rule of crisis- "Only panic about one thing at a time."

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

The new Twilight Zone with Jordan Peele is really good.

Fargo the series is one of the best of all time.

The Wire, Breaking Bad, Stephen Kings The Outsider, The Stand.

Watch all the Marvel Movies in order. The new Picard series is really good. The Dracula series from BBC is ok.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I only watch those type shows when I’m in hotels. I have no idea why. But I do get sucked into them. It’s fun watching the old law and order shows, it’s the birth place of so many celebrities. It’s like where’s Waldo of Hollywood!

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
The Wire, Breaking Bad...

Potentially the two best television series ever.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

We are whovians! Didn’t think of that! David Tennant is my Dr.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Awesome! Thank you!

I loved get out. I didn’t know Peele took on twilight zone. That’s #1 on my watchlist now.
edit on 21-3-2020 by litterbaux because: Added content

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux

That did remind me of another show tho! Mystery science theater 3000.

Yes!!! We do already watch that, too. I'll keep Mystery Theater 3000. Maybe see if I can find some 2000 too.

But all the war movies my husband likes to watch will be a no go. He can watch those while I'm working outside or doing housework or whatever his little heart desires. But I won't be watching!

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The Wire, Breaking Bad...

Potentially the two best television series ever.

They are good, especially The Wire. But Fargo is probably my favorite TV series of all time. Billy Bob Thornton as a hit man in Minnesota. And the other seasons are different stories from Minnesota crime families that all tie into each other. And it’s by the Cohen brothers, the people that did The Big Lebowski.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I watched the first episode on first broadcast (slightly put off by a lame line in the trailer). Obviously William Hartnell was the real thing, so it took ages to get used to him not being an old man.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

This show is amazing.

It has two seasons..

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

What’s your favorite MST3k? Mines pod people.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

And it’s by the Cohen brothers, the people that did The Big Lebowski.

Some of the greatest film makers of all time. We'll be doing a marathon the next couple weeks.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

What’s it about? The trailer doesn’t really indicate anything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join