It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid: clean your groceries from the supermarket ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I clean my groceries regularly, even when we’re not facing a pandemic. We buy most of our stuff at farmer’s markets where it’s been sitting out on stands for hours while hundreds of people walk by it. But even soda cans (especially soda cans) and even canned goods. I’m sometimes lax with canned goods, well, until the last two weeks.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
a reply to: ahamarlin
One thing I read recently that we all need to do: take off your shoes when entering your home!!! If you go out and step where anyone has sneezed and as a result droplets/ virus has settled on the floor, it can get on the soles of your shoes, which you can track into to your house. Pets feet should also be cleaned for the same reason before entry.

You could also catch it if someone caughed or sneezed 30 seconds before you entered the store and you are doomed because you won't know it. My point is, staying inside and only go out when absolutely necessary is the best way to protect yourself

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I like avo and cucumber - nobody eats the skin anyway.

Not entirely true, in my Krishna's kitchen days, at least for cucumbers it was debatable for peel on or off.

And for some reason the last ends on the cucumber, they considered poisonous, in Bhakti culture.
edit on 24-3-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Morons morons morons.

I saw something really NUTs today.

A father, mother and 5 kids under the age of 10 at Walmart.

Both parents were wearing medical type face mask.

The rug rats were not wearing mask and running all over the place in the store.

This is a good way to spread Covid 19 across the store.

Plus the parents wearing mask does nothing if the kids get the virus they will get the virus even wearing mask.

DON'T TAKE YOUR RUG RATS SHOPPING WITH YOU.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: maskim
I'm already doing this with every object that enters my home, but i haven't been able to figure out a good way
to disinfect unpackaged products like vegetables and bread.

Things without a peel like carrots, lettuce, cabbage, etc.
Won't spraying them with 70% alcohol make them taste bad?
For bread i figure i can just put it in the oven for a minute or two on max temperature, that should be enough.

For fruit and vegetables, you can wash them with with soap...there is such a thing as vegetable soap. But barring that, I would use one that doesn't have extra scents or colours. But I'm sure you can google all this.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
SIAP, a grocery worker in my area tested positive. Prayers to that person.

Our store has been AMAZING. Restocking like crazy, cleaning, super patient with nutty, desperate shoppers., catering to seniors.

Publix, the best!

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Thank you for all the good ideas and comments, turns out I am not the only one cleaning groceries.
These days I also wipe post letters, packages from deliveries. I wash my clothes and take a shower immediately after visiting the supermarket. It's crazy to see how some people not take a 1,5-meter distance from each other in supermarkets or visiting with the whole family.
Especially younger people are sometimes careless (probably?) not realizing that their behavior kills the older and weak.

Stay Safe

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I started doing the same thing yesterday. I didn't even want to touch the CC machine to punch in my pin. I told the clerk and she said she cleans it after every use. That was nice to hear. I wash all the packaging and my hands at the same time. They said this virus can live for 17 days on surfaces. I really think its the devil...

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I think you are right and your friends are fools.

The virus can stay on surfaces for more than 10 days. You touch the packages, scratch your face or lips or eyes eys and your done.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I went Into a Walgreens today and they only let in 5 people at a time..
.put boxes in front of register so no one can get close to cashier.

Seems like the only employees left are what you would call expendable.

It was weird...I kind of panicked, grabbed. Some.stuff, forgot to get what I needed and ran out of there.

That was weird

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I sprayed down all my packing and will be until this is all over.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I've been doing this for years....lol. My hubby thought I was crazy but do you know how many people touch your food before you bring it home! It's nuts and a lot of people don't wash their hands after going potty ...ewwwww

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
SIAP

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
Except...the cereal bag slipped through.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Lol, I have been cleaning my post also. I keep a spray by the front door and spray it before I open it and wash my hands after haha. Am I being too paranoid? hmm....

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Should also say, this virus is never going away, many people don't clean their frozen food and just stick it in the freezer. This makes the virus go dormant, they take it out after a few months and boom, it all starts again lol.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Don't touch your face or rub your eyes. The eyes are a perfect opening for the viral infection to settle in your tear ducts, mutate and spread thru out your body via your blood stream. Perhaps besides a mask, goggles might be advised.

Thru out the day I wash my eyes out with a medicated saline solution. Stings, but better safe than sorry....

Also don't neglect the openings to sweat glands and openings to your lymphatic system which consist of 600 glands in the human body, playing an integral part in your immune system.

And another word of caution. Stay out of the wind!!! Aerosol particles can travel miles until they find, and land on a vulnerable part of the human body. Even fans and airconditoners can carry microscopic particles thru the duct work of your Hvac system. Change the filter frequently.

These simple measures could save your life or the lives of your loved ones.
edit on 26-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
I went shopping Monday and the clerk touches every single package to scan, she was rubbing her eyes and mouth a lot. After seeing this I did the same thing when I got home. Clorox wiped every single item. My county has no reported infections but still you never know.

This infuriates me when clerks are touching their faces and not using precautions.

It also scares me to see children still coming into stores 😢

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Made a run this morning. It took as long to disinfect as it did to shop. Also, there are not enough wipes or disinfectant available make this sustainable.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Made a run this morning. It took as long to disinfect as it did to shop. Also, there are not enough wipes or disinfectant available make this sustainable.

Use soap and water, or a bleach solution. I wash mine, fer sure!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join