It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid: clean your groceries from the supermarket ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
this coming Tuesday 7AM I plan to shop Walmart grocery Seniors hour

I have rubber, reusable gloves in Red/Blue/Yellow ,...in which 'shopping' is the blue gloves being used

4 1/2 weeks I've been out in public 3 times & I hope to Not make Tuesday Seniors shopping a repeated thing

glad for this possible break in 'lockdown/isolation...as I know what items are needed for a 2 month or longer isolation after this 4 1/2 week live-fire test situation

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I bought my groceries last week in preparation for self isolation a full week ago now. Last Monday I went to my MMj dispensery to pick up enough to last for awhile and I wore an N95 mask while in there. I have been the only person I have seen wearing a mask up through yesterday but I don't care what people think seeing me wearing one. In 1 week my states caseload went from 2 to 100 confirmed cases and I think those numbers are probably under reporting the actual cases here. I wouldn't doubt there are probably 5 or even 10 times the actual cases out there.

I'm 69 and have been a tobacco smoker for 51 of those years. #uc# what other people think.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
You're not going to contract Wuflu from vegetablesa reply to: olaru12

Have you never seen how people pick through vegetables, rejecting half of the ones they pick up? Everything is suspected of having been contaminated in my world.
Stay safe.

edit on 60000001212America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
When one of your relatives contracts the China flu, what are you going to do? Not take care of them because of your chance of getting it as well.

AH anonymous who loves to throw in the nasty jab.

Is that all you do all day?

What a horrible thing to say to people who are doing their best not to catch the virus so they don't pass it on to relatives.

That is what this is about, NOT catching it yourself, so you DON''T pass it on - to relatives - to love ones - to everyone - to keep not only ourselves but everyone we love and those around us as safe as possible.

Way to be helping humanity in a time of crises, I've seen you all over ATS making unhelpful and downright mean posts. Shame on you. At least have the guts to not do it anonymously.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'm already doing this with every object that enters my home, but i haven't been able to figure out a good way
to disinfect unpackaged products like vegetables and bread.

Things without a peel like carrots, lettuce, cabbage, etc.
Won't spraying them with 70% alcohol make them taste bad?
For bread i figure i can just put it in the oven for a minute or two on max temperature, that should be enough.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: maskim
I'm already doing this with every object that enters my home, but i haven't been able to figure out a good way

For bread i figure i can just put it in the oven for a minute or two on max temperature, that should be enough.

You can use a vinegar and water soak to remove viruses and some bacteria from produce.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
And here is the OCD thread....

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Wash it GOOD for at least "20 seconds" like has been said, you don't have to use a harsh chemical or alcohol.
Just clean them good, you will be fine, do it well to make you feel you did enough.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

Said the guy that will more than likely be buried in a mass grave.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ahamarlin

The thought had entered my head a few times, even with things like bread and milk from the local corner shop.

Best to be prudent.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
get a grip people - before this entire N19COVID thing - fresh produce [ fruit , vegatables etc - caused multiple outbreaks of listeria , e-coli , salmonela - etc - from unwashed // ill handled produce

you SHOULD be washing - all loose produce anyways

N19COVID is not magical

as for handling of other stuff - packed procuce - tinned goods etc

get a grip

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: recrisp

Your more likely to go first with OCD habits that weaken your immune system.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

do it well to make you feel you did enough.

It's not about making me feel good, it's about killing the virus for sure.
So vinegar or water or prayer is not good enough.

Has anyone tried alcohol or soap on unpackaged vegetables?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

My wee Granny always used to wash the vegetables and fruit because of the insecticides used nevermind the Covid.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Your more likely to go first with OCD habits that weaken your immune system.

O.K., you win!
Like I said, "You do you and I will do me!"
I am NOT going to tell you HOW to do stuff, but you won't change.

You go and 'do you', leave me the hell out of your thoughts, at least I come in here with a helpful attitude, not trying to cause ANYONE any harm.
You won't get a reply from me anymore, I won't waste my time.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

do it well to make you feel you did enough.

It's not about making me feel good, it's about killing the virus for sure.
So vinegar or water or prayer is not good enough.

Has anyone tried alcohol or soap on unpackaged vegetables?

Please re-read what I said.
I said to WASH your vegetables in soap and water.
I do that. I always have.
This is the same, but I was just saying to wash them 'enough' so that you feel you have done all that you can to make you feel good, so you know you did your best, that's all.
I was being helpful, not being a smart-ass like others might.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

That's right, the strong survive, the weak live in a bubble.... enjoy your bubble!

edit on 21-3-2020 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

link   

seriously...soap is alkaline. It will do the job. wow

link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: HalWesten

a reply to: BlueJacket

You're not going to contract Wuflu from vegetables, you contact it from human contact.

Really? So if someone that was infected touched a tomato and the virus was on the outside of the tomato now and still active, and you picked it up before washing it you can't get infected? Right. You may want to go back and read up on how this is spread and why people are protecting themselves from touching things others have touched.

It seems some are not getting enough of the attention they crave on the Mud Pit.

I understand...be sure and wash your mail!!! And wash your family if they went out in the world, you have no idea who they may have contacted.

Better safe than sorry!!

Making fun of the others here that are trying to stay safe is ridiculous. If someone goes a little overboard what does it matter to you?

I am happy to see some are doing everything they can to stop the spread of this virus; it seems far better to go overboard and do too much than overlook anything and not do enough.

Too many people aren't taking this seriously, and refuse to play their part in keeping others safe. My 90 Y/O MIL goes shopping every day. Doesn't use sanitizer; visits with everybody she knows, even those with young kids. Absolutely refuses to take this seriously.
She's not the only elder with this attitude. I wonder if denial is their way of escaping the fear factor?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Too many people aren't taking this seriously, and refuse to play their part in keeping others safe.

This is the point so many people are missing. If i die because i was careless then whatever, that's on me.
But making others die a slow and painful death while they're coughing their lungs out is not simply careless, it's downright evil.

originally posted by: nugget1I wonder if denial is their way of escaping the fear factor?

Definitely. Ignorance is bliss.
Since january not a day goes by that i don't wish i could just shrug it off with 'it's just a flu bro, get over it lol'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join