It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockdown the country for 5 years. If you disagree you want people to die

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You're right... there is sooooooooooo very much wrong with how this is being played. I couldn't begin to address everything, but I'll address three major concerns (outrages!) that I have.

`Accept it’: 3 states lock down 70 million against the virus

“No, this is not life as usual,” New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said as the death toll in the U.S. topped 200, with at least 35 in his state. “Accept it and realize it and deal with it.”

The utter contempt for the people and our rights is chilling. No respect. No clear and reasonable explanation or justification given, No understanding of the challenge and hardship this imposes. No promise of fair remuneration for their imposed loss. More like, "Shut up and like it."

The measures being taken are gross violations of our enumerated rights in several ways. It is their responsibility to give us clear and factual information to justify any such violation of our rights, to do so in by the most minimal means necessary, for no longer than necessary, and only as a last resort. It should be done with clear recognition and acknowledgement that it violates our right, and with respect and appreciation for the people's cooperation. Not "accept it and deal with it." It should also be noted that when and if the government deems it necessary and proper to take our rights and/or property (and our rights are our property), just as our person is our property), we shall be fairly compensated by government for that loss. In other words, no, no one should be told they cannot earn a living without being fairly compensated for that loss -- especially in right-to-work states.

--------------------------------------------------------

Then there is the matter of self-isolation and home treatment with little -- if any! -- practical advice. So we've washed our hands and done everything else and we've still gotten sick, how do we take care of ourselves? What is the proper treatment for our fever? There are concerns right now that ibuprofen is making people worse. Is this like aspirin and chicken pox causing Reyes Syndrome? What prescription meds for pre-existing conditions should be discontinued while sick? Or should they be continued to prevent complications? How should we treat the cough? What kind of cough syrup is best? Expectorants? Suppressants (no!!!)? Foods? Beverages? Vitamins and minerals? We know that heat, sun and humidity all kill the virus. Shouldn't we be keeping our homes warm? Opening the drapes to let the sunshine in? Putting on a vaporizer to humidify the environment?

Instead we are very much being led to believe that "there is no cure" and therefore nothing to do unless and until you get so sick that you need to be hospitalized... because THEY are our ONLY hope. Not just as individuals, but as an entire society. Nay! ALL of humanity!!! Would you be surprised to see a bill introduced literally nationalizing the entire healthcare industry because by golly we can't have all this chaos and mayhem again! If the government just controlled everything, then they wouldn't have to waste time working out deals with private manufacturers for things like masks and ventilators... they wouldn't have to wait on Big Pharma to come up with a vaccine... no fretting over who's infected and who's not because they would control our records and our bodies and the medications we take (or don't)... none of that annoying stuff. They'd be in complete and total control. And it would all be for our own good -- but especially the children!!!

----------------------------------------

In a very real sense, all of these measures together are having the effect of taking down the entire economy in a controlled demotion, to be built back up again. I don't think there is any doubt of this. It is not a question of if, but a matter of how. Very very few businesses can survive an extended lockdown without help. That help is going to come from government (and rightly so, for the reasons stated above), but how that help is doled out is going to mean winners and losers. President Trump and the new houses of Congress will make those decisions. This is tremendous power with long-term consequences.

Seems to me we need to vote extra wisely in November.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OG1KenObi

Nailed it.

The fact that countries aren’t stockpiling dead bodies so a bunch of conspiracy theorists on the internet can’t claim the death toll is wrong is the smoking gun we’ve all been waiting for!

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Im just saying brother it seems a little fishy over here. China is back to normal after all this. Just like that snap of the fingers. I mean they were literally pulling up and throwing people into quarantine, people could be screaming they are healthy and don't have any illness but you still have to go. Now I do think there is a virus, but is it as deadly and lethal as they are making it out to be where all our lives are on standstill. No. 1 billion people in China and only 80k caught it. Numbers not adding up to me to cause all this panic.

a reply to: Shamrock6

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I love ham

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well with your extreme thought patterns lately, I guess I'm glad you're not the POTUS. You wouldn't be any different than what we've already had.

Nothing new. Absolutely NOTHING good, all bad. A complete and utter failure in every aspect of leadership. Total annihilation of our rights. We'd be your prisoners in 6'x8' cells with bread and water and no life. Our lives were all effed before and would continue. I should just go shoot myself and end my miserable oppressed life that you have forced on me. Because that's all I have to look forward to. You've convinced me. No life worth living in this miserable country.

Dramatic much Gambler?

Respectfully

edit on 21-3-2020 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

You can't prove how many people might be impacted by something. You cc'd an only model and estimate. That right there tells me you're stupid . Too long to read, but thankfully didnt have to read much. Prove to me that you won't die in 5 years. See how stupid that sounds?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Thank you for this fantastic input into this thread! Patriots like you who unquestioningly accept this lockdown are an inspiration to me.

Im sure your ready for a nice cozy 5 year lock down, right?

But great point you make here.

If you think someone is questioning our government masters, you can always claims they arent doing enough.

"Oh so you want to question this lockdown? Have you made a vaccine or cure? Then shut up and obey our masters!"

Thank you again for this valued input.

Lol yes, because its easy to infer my meaning from that.

I question all of it. But I also don't think we should play fast and loose with the virus and needlessly overwhelm our medical capacity. Tricky to do.

But again, you have 0 evidence for a 5 year lockdown. or even a 1 month lockdown. You have your own fear and hyperbole.

I do worry about the indefinite suspension of elections. But, my cynical mind thinks our government officials are only motivated by their positions. It would behoove them to get all of this over and done with as soon as possible, with as little death, economic, and drastic way of life changes as possible, in time for those elections. Else they get the boot, Trump included.

From a political viewpoint, do you think that doing the opposite is the right move if you wanna be reelected? I suppose you could use fear and figures to tell people why we need to keep this up. But that only lasts as long as there's belief. And the longer the majority of people aren't sick, or the more get better, the faster that belief erodes.

What I trust, is people's motivation. I trust the politicians to do what's in their own best interests. I trust that that motivation will lead them to overextend, and it will backfire on them at the voting booth. And if they decide to suspend elections because they fear for their positions? Hehe well, I've always enjoyed Mad Max.

Everyone wants things to go back to how it was, even in February. And online, on other boards, people are already agitated by these changes. Soon they'll get restless. I can't speak for the people of New York and California, and their representation, but even they will get tired of it eventually. Maybe even sooner if they see how other states are faring.

That is why I'm not as afraid as you. I ask what you're doing, simply to ask if you have an outlet for all this pent up fear and hyperbole.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: highvein

Arguing about patriotism during a very real worldwide epidemic seems a little nonbenificial to anyone.

But see, the epidemic is not actually happening. Its all fake to take Grambler's rights. Lucky for Grambler, he doesn't have to juggle the lives and livelihoods of millions. He can actually focus on the bigger picture.

No no no, didnt you read, you government worshipers have convinced me.

You are right, anyone who demanded answers from the government before they accepted a lock down is immoral and wants sick people to die, and dint believe the virus was real.

Talking about rights or patriotism, now is not the time. Now is the time to blindly accept everything the government says, and beg for a five year lockdown.

This hyperbole doesn't suit you.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Wait there is no evidence for a 1 month lockdown?

What did all of you say when I questioned it?

Oh yeah, you must want to see old people die!

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Three blue states have taken it upon themselves to do this. This is indicative of every state, how?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Arguing about patriotism during a very real worldwide epidemic seems a little nonbenificial to anyone.

But see, the epidemic is not actually happening. Its all fake to take Grambler's rights. Lucky for Grambler, he doesn't have to juggle the lives and livelihoods of millions. He can actually focus on the bigger picture.

You are right, anyone who demanded answers from the government before they accepted a lock down is immoral and wants sick people to die, and dint believe the virus was real.

Talking about rights or patriotism, now is not the time. Now is the time to blindly accept everything the government says, and beg for a five year lockdown.

What hyperbole.

I just spent two days on ats with trump supoorters telling me if i was upset of the fact we are being stripped of our rights without appropiate questions being answered, I wanted sikc people to die.

Weird you seemed to side with them and didnt caklkl them hyperbolic.

But hey, you all have convinced me.

So please tell us you are on board with a 5 year lockdown, or admit you want sick people to die.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

A progressive's way of debating doesn't suit you.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

Three blue states have taken it upon themselves to do this. This is indicative of every state, how?

Trump (head of the federal executive branch) has endorsed this.

If blue states pass ;laws to take away guns, and trump endorses it, would you say dont blame trump or the feds, its only blue states?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

A progressive's way of debating doesn't suit you.

I spnet 2 days debating like a real person, you progressives told me I wanted to see sick people die.

So now Im convinced, and its a shame you want to see sick people die.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: OG1KenObi

I don’t disagree that there’s been an incredibly dramatic response to the virus in comparison to its lethality. I mean hell, we’ve got Idris Elba making dramatic videos about how he’s tested positive for the virus and then making another video a week later saying he still hasn’t shown any symptoms, and he’s confused as to why people are pissed off at him getting tested when other people can’t get tests even with symptoms. Certainly, there’s been a response to this that’s over the top.

But when we start getting into territory like “where are all the bodies in Italy?” we start getting into really strange waters, akin to the whackos on here who publish daily threads about how this is all a democrat plot to get trump.

link   

Maybe I should have read your other thread, man.

Because we all get you are playing the sarcastic firebrand here, but you seem really really, well, 'triggered' is the going word I think.

Breathe.

Calm down, because you can make your point without the repetitive snark. Maybe. You are a very smart guy.

Anyway,IMO this should rightly be 100 percent on the damned media first and foremost. THEY and they alone are the ones that shape reactions, priorities, interactions and responses from the citizens.

And they influence all of us, each and every one. Even black and white dictates of the government are given so much media-disseminated spin and have so much subtle influence over us all that we can barely even have a glimpse of the real scope of this thing. THEY control how you react, how the government itself reacts to this.

And I have a very strong feeling this whole thing doesn't warrant extremes in either direction; Either by ignoring it or over-reacting to it.

To me, taking a cautious approach right now is the smartest. Vigilant but calm. In other words, just about exactly what Trump and co. are actually doing. Actually doing,yeah, but being blown all to hell and back by the real viral infection on this planet: The MSM. The opinion shapers and drivers, masters of all things pop-cultural. The Trump admin may try and try but the damned real beast just won't die.

The 'pen' is the true enemy of freedoms and a million degrees more powerful and dangerous than any government. See, the government doesn't own them---they own the freaking government! Catch-22, right?

Right.

The media WANTS you question their red-headed step child---the gov---just so they can keep it in line, remind it who actually owns it.

So, I can both agree and disagree with your points. But by refusing to kiss the boots of the government, you(or we) are actually just kissing the even muddier boots of the REAL masters.

The last line in Animal Farm explains it well.

But then, maybe I'm wrong. I reckon time will tell.

Meanwhile, luckily for me, my life is about the same as it was before this thing started.

link   
Interesting how things are changing in www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I'm sure a lot of people have seen this by now but here is a good article that can shed some light on what happens when you don't take pandemics seriously.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

What hyperbole.

I just spent two days on ats with trump supoorters telling me if i was upset of the fact we are being stripped of our rights without appropiate questions being answered, I wanted sikc people to die.

Weird you seemed to side with them and didnt caklkl them hyperbolic.

But hey, you all have convinced me.

So please tell us you are on board with a 5 year lockdown, or admit you want sick people to die.

You spent the last two days on ats vomiting hyperbole without one iota of evidence to back up the claim that the entire country is going to be locked down. What I sided with, is patience, common sense, and evidence. I think how California, New York, and Illinois are doing things is stupid. But, what can you expect from power grabbing liberals, who still want open borders, even during a lockdown. But as I've stated many times now, it would also be stupid to just ignore this. I don't have all the answers. Right now it looks like every state for themselves, as far as how they decide to handle it. Fine by me. We'll at least finally see the true colors of those people have voted in.

You should be calling out the governors and mayors of California, New York, and Illinois for starting this "precedent' you see.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

I'm sure a lot of people have seen this by now but here is a good article that can shed some light on what happens when you don't take pandemics seriously.

Oh I agree.

We have to take iot serious, no time to ask the government questions before they place us on lock down.

if you dont favor a 5 year lcokdown, you are not taking this seirously.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join