It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What states are "locked down"?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I am trying to find out what US states and territories are locked down. Each state defines it differently and every state has shut down in some capacity so it's difficult to determine what the red line is.

If a state is telling non-essential employees to stay home, I am using that as the red line.

So far, I have the following states shutdown;

California
New York (is the whole state shut down or just NYC?)
Illinois
Pennsylvania
Connecticut (???)
Nevada

Is this correct? Did I miss any? I am surprised Washington state and Washington DC haven't been locked down yet. I am also surprised Houston isn't locked down. The mayor of Houston insists they don't want to shut it down.

edit on 3/21/2020 by Genfinity because: (no reason given)

PA business by type
Florida Keys
Illinois
New York . Illinois . Connecticut . Pennsylvania . California . Nevada . New Jersey . Puerto Rico
Florida
Dallas County, Texas
Oregon
Michigan and Indiana
Wisconsin
Washington State
Houston, TX
New Mexico and Houston and Galveston, TX
Minnesota
edit on Wed Mar 25 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Genfinity

I'd say most people's mental states are locked down.

This had better be the biggest wake up call for Americans or else we are all going to perish.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Didn't know PA. & Nevada were.
NJ is about to lock down.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I'll recheck. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Missouri's governor has so far resisted most extreme measures. He is taking increasing flack for it too. I'm not sure why considering the people yelling loudest often have the ability to order what they want him to mandate.

He has banned gatherings over 10 except for religious and necessary gatherings.

He refuses to order private businesses to close although he has ordered restaurants to go to only carryout and delivery.

He never ordered schools to close. The state's districts made that decision on their own.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

New Jersey will be this weekend.

Yay us!

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I heard Florida was shutting down, but I never checked to verify. Plus it may only be a partial shut down based on your criteria.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I don't think a nationwide shutdown is necessary. I think if we're going there, we need to look at places with the higher population densities. Sorry to say, but yeah, a lot of places on the coasts, Chicago ... places like that are going to be places where you need to really think about it.

People packed and stacked on top of each other in high density is what enables this to spread like wildfire.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

California, illinois, New York are on lockdown.

People are still free to go outside, grocery, drug stores are open.

Hardees was drive through only the other night here in south eastern Virginia.

We are both retired and so we are limited in our exposure to others anyway.

I have not heard of any other states but this situation changes ralidly.
Those were the three on lockdown when I went to bed last night.
I wake up to a new world every day now so that could have changed while I slept.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

Wake up to what exactly?

We are all dealing with this together. It's new territory for every single soul on the planet.

What kind of reset are you thinking about?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I do not think they are yet but these days if your news is ten hours old it's outdated.
So far I can only find info on three that are complete lockdown.

Kind of glad I don't work and I know that's a selfish thought and I apologize for it but I still think it.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
We will have to go get our eggs today from the people we get them from. I have to make sure I stay six feet from the chickens so I don't get them sick and I lose my egg suppliers. They walk right up to me when I go over there, they run towards me.

I suppose if they do get the coronavirus, they will put the antigens into the eggs and I will get a vaccine dose every time I eat the eggs. The chickens do not lay eggs much when they get sick, and transmit immunity to a disease in the egg for diseases they have. This way the chick can have resistance to microbes when they are born. Mammals transmit antigens in the mothers milk to get the kids immune system up to speed, we are different than birds.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I predict a soar in Netflix and Amazon Prime and Hulu subscriptions and everybody is going to need bigger clothes this summer.
edit on 3212020 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
The virus is in all fifty states even Hawaii and Alaska.
There will be more cases in population centers like Kansas City of Oklahoma City but this virus is everywhere already.
Separation is going to be mandatory everywhere and is smart no matter where you live.

And I hear some young people think they can't get this.
If you are one of them please read up on this disease because young people can get it and young people have died from it.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

If I can't get this, it's because I may already have had it.

What I meant is that this thing has an easier time spreading through closely packed populations living in apartment complexes. Once you get out into the sticks, people tend to live far more spread out and in more "socially isolated" circumstances on their own.

It's one thing to take some measures like cancelling large groupings and shutting down dining rooms in favor of drive-thru and carry-out, but telling them they have to stay home? Their living arrangements are already spread out and more or less isolation from their neighbors even if they live in a suburban neighborhood.

In the coastal cities, urban sprawl doesn't exist as much. And even in an apartment building people may as well be socially gathered. It's like a mega-family in each building.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
MOD NOTE
If you provide links to the state that is locked own, I can add that post to the OP, to make the list easier to use.

Please do NOT reply to this post.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
PA Business type shutdown list

www.scribd.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Florida Keys shutting down tomorrow. A roadblock will be put in at the entrance to the islands at Key Largo, only people with residencies allowed. All rentals, and RV lots also closed. Tourist activities shut down.This is going to destroy their tourism economy.
www.local10.com...

I’m surprised the SE States have not followed state shutdowns, only slight restrictions.
edit on 21-3-2020 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Illinois's is on lockdown, but you would not know it if you were to go outside and drive around like I've been doing all afternoon.

Store shelves are restocked most businesses are open and people are going about their daily lives.

No ambulances, but you do see someone wearing a surgical mask every now and then.

The real poop is going to hit the fan when the financial impacts begin to be felt by the service industry people who have been laid off.

Extreme overkill for 6 coronavirus deaths in Illinois over the last two months.

www.worldometers.info...

During that same time frame, over 50 people were murdered.... and more than 450 died from the common flu virus in Illinois.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This video link with a text description below lists:

New York
Illinois
Connecticut
Pennsylvania
California
www.cbsnews.com...

It does not list Nevada. As of this response, the linked video is 23 hours old.

This link lists Nevada. www.rgj.com...

New Jersey ordered a shutdown less than one hour ago. www.nj.com...

Puerto Rico is also shutdown. grist.org...

edit on Sat Mar 21 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix BB CODE

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join