It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians - Or what every religion you believe time to put up or admit your gods are false

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

okay never mind then.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: VeeTNA

"Christians" that are having a "hard time"? Aren't very "Christian". God himself, allowing himself, to be nailed to the cross? Now that's a hard time!

If God himself was on the cross who exactly was Jesus talking to when he said "My God, my God, why have YOU forsaken me?"

Who exactly is this YOU that Jesus referred too?

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: vethumanbeing

So you make fun of Christians beliefs while offering that opinion as an alternative
Well done, you will go far Or Go far will you

Oh you! (Star Wars fan forever) would never mock serious contemplation of a strange twisted idea thrown to the human regarding what is thought to be God walking on earth as a human; include also Buddha, Mohammed, Vishnu, Confucius...

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: VeeTNA

I highly doubt that Vet talks in rhymes and riddles simply because he doesn’t know the truth
Gnostic nonsense, hidden magic, information and intelligence, the “Illuminati”. Jesus was clear, Jesus came for the poor weak and outcast. The gospel is love, it’s good news, free and open source, not hidden for a few who think themselves special. You want Jesus, just ask Him

He coined 'riddle' in his Parables. YES! Lets run go ask about these to Jesus; the *inventor* of the hidden message. Why were they hidden?! should be your first question. No one gets a free pass regarding *illumination* here. You incarnated to discover/uncover a truth not just to be given that truth freely. People have died in the quest of enlightenment.
edit on 17-4-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
According to scripture our future is already determined. So i doubt that God or their angels have done anything for anyone.
Life is just going to play out as pri planned....

Well yes; this is why 'freewill' does not exist as you think.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA
a reply to: Raggedyman

So you make fun of Christians beliefs while offering that opinion as an alternative
Well done, you will go far

vet is actually on a different path than you, but is ahead in the long game.
And is exactly right. We who understand it will go far, indeed, and someday you will too!
Keep paying attention. That's the secret.

Raggedy; you can belong too..forget secret keeping it is all about the disclosure of Truth..why do you think we are here responding?

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
Op, you're of the,...Though they see, they see not. Though they hear, they (listen) hear not"...

The way you're saying that sounds a bit weird, it's actually:

“That is why I speak to them by the use of illustrations; for looking, they look in vain, and hearing, they hear in vain, nor do they get the sense of it. 14 And the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled in their case. It says: ‘You will indeed hear but by no means get the sense of it, and you will indeed look but by no means see. 15 For the heart of this people has grown unreceptive,* [Lit., “was made thick (fat).”] and with their ears they have heard without response,* [Or “heard unwillingly.”] and they have shut their eyes, so that they might never see with their eyes and hear with their ears and get the sense of it with their hearts and turn back and I heal them.’” (Matthew 13:13-15)

Or as Isaiah put it (referred to above):

Isaiah 6:9

And he replied, “Go, and say to this people:

‘You will hear again and again,

But you will not understand;

You will see again and again,

But you will not get any knowledge.’

Or Ezekiel:

Ezekiel 12:2

“Son of man, you are living in a rebellious house. They have eyes to see, but they do not see, and ears to hear, but they do not hear, for they are a rebellious house.

And many similar verses, all directed at those who profess to worship the God of the Bible and profess to have His approval (in the case of the Hebrews it was primarily directed at at the time, profess to be God's people). It is not directed at those who do not profess to worship the God of the Bible, or profess to have His approval.

John 8:41-47,54,55

41 You are doing the works of your father.” They said to him: “We were not born from immorality; we have one Father, God.”

42 Jesus said to them: “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I have not come of my own initiative, but that One sent me. 43 Why do you not understand what I am saying? Because you cannot listen to* [Or “accept.”] my word. 44 You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie. 45 Because I, on the other hand, tell you the truth, you do not believe me. 46 Who of you convicts me of sin? If I speak truth, why is it that you do not believe me? 47 The one who is from God listens to the sayings of God. This is why you do not listen, because you are not from God.”
54 Jesus answered: “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, the one who you say is your God. 55 Yet you have not known him, but I know him. And if I said I do not know him, I would be like you, a liar. But I do know him and am observing his word.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

No free will does not exist because God put it in our harts to fallow his word.
It is all going to play out as it is written. Jesus is a testament and a witness. Jesus forfilled scripture....

Jesus could have changed the outcome of his own future, but dident....
we also could have, but we never did...

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Now I just think your all just as much a fool as I am . I believed in a uncaring god who has SAVED not one single life in this out brake . I jsut learned long agaio Gods or not They dont CARE no matter power you say they have they dont sue it alest for any thing BUT destruction and the only way it seams they can keep Your faith is through Threats .

Do what the god says OR die an horribly death then Be tortured for all times . ...

Why Does God Allow Suffering? (What Can the Bible Teach Us? Chapter 11: Why So Much Suffering?)
Why Does God Permit Suffering? (Awake! | November 2006)
Are Natural Disasters Punishment From God?

That oughta cover about everything you mentioned something about or expressed the wrong impression about.
edit on 19-4-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

One, however, could also say that faith is a result of sufficient proof having been received. That would, in all likelihood, differ from person to person.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Evidence and proff come in many different ways depending on who serves them.

The 911 investigation is a very good example of that.
People beleive in authority and not the science....

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join