It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is hiding in a bunker right now and has internet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

World wide lockdown. Yay!
No more school! Freedom from school. Freedom from work!
I'm guessing some people don't have internet in bunkers because they can be tracked.
edit on 20-3-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

If by bunker you mean garage, then yes, It is like a bunker though. I'm surrounded by supplies.

I notice that youtube has been having streaming issues all night. Bandwidth issues will be a thing for all the big players. Everyone's in hiding.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Waiting on the Starlink system....low orbit Low latency satellite broadband with no data caps. Oh yeah.
edit on 20-3-2020 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Bunkered down outside of RedZone NYC,no internet issues. No black helicopters, I’m a mile from West Point, no strange military maneuvers. You should have seen it on 9/11

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
We got to stay home today for a change, we went nowhere. I had to go plow the driveway for about forty five minutes though, we got eight inches of heavy wet snow last night through early afternoon. We will have to go out and get more gas for the plow truck tomorrow, it sucks up a lot of gas plowing, I dumped five gallons in it today, only got five gallons left. I need to get ten more gallons and fill the car tomorrow.

We have had to go out every day this last week other than today, and we had our granddaughter and her kid come over half the day. This Coronavirus thing is so tiring, go go go. Mostly for the kids. That's what happens when you are in a higher risk group, we might get in a car accident or slip on the ice getting the kids stuff and giving them rides all over the place.
edit on 20-3-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I guess I forgot it was still winter up there, we haven't had any snow for at least a couple of weeks down here. I guess Traverse City is getting snow tonight, we're a couple of hours south and have nothing.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I'am I get NCI I put a dish on top of a foot hill.

edit on 20-3-2020 by Joeshiloh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I'm an introvert. I've been using the Internet from a bunker for the past 5 years.

The only difference between then and now is that back then my friends and family would constantly call me to admonish me for being too reclusive.

Now they're blowing up my inbox for pointers.
edit on 3/20/20 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
I'm an introvert. I've been using the Internet from a bunker for the past 5 years.

The only difference between then and now is that back then my friends and family would constantly call me to admonish me for being too reclusive.

I'm a huge introvert too. This whole virus thing has been great for me....why?

I've been out of work since december, sitting around in my house, avoiding people and just drinking and messing around.

I had to deal with calls all the time of people asking me "what did you do today" "did you even leave the house" "you can't just sit in your house all day"......

Now, with the lockdown, I'm just "normal" no more having to field calls and feel "bad" about the fact I'm not doing much more than laying low.

It's like a "welcome to my world" moment.
edit on 20-3-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   

In danger of coming across cheesy here but. Now is the time to be there for family, friends and people in need that have been sleeping to the reality of how fragile things really are and still in shock.

I mean, what is the point in being so called, awakened/informed/prepared/in the know/ready/knowledgeable if everyone just sits on their backsides when those we love are panicking?

This should be a cakewalk when it comes to what to do, for most long termers on here. It's been coming for quite some time or were we really just all having a laugh on this site the whole time?

Just speaking out loud, this is the call I think.
edit on 20-3-2020 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I woke up this week with oil at $20 a barrel.

So the oilfield shut down and my business as well.

I asked my employees who wanted to go on unemployment and had a very enthusiastic response from my people who had their bills in line.

The few who are juggling the Harley payment with the new home payment with the boat payment with the new truck payment with the child support payment I will pay for the next six months to do makework.

For me, I drove home yesterday and closed the gates.

So I am not exactly hiding in my bunker, but am at home and will be for a few months, at least.

I've not had any time off since 2014.

This is heaven.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yep we as a post depression and WW2 generations, we have no cultural memory that society and history can turn on a dime.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   

IDK is it Joe Biden?

Well if it is tell him either his wife or his sister's look'n for him please?

I'm not sure which

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Bunker? I'm sitting on a deck chair, at the front of a tent, in the middle of the street, watching the world crumble, and sipping on a sweet sweet beverage full of alcohol (for it's sanitising effects, I'll have you know) and placing bets with myself on which way it all falls.

So far I'm winning, which makes me sad, because I was sure I'd lose, but here I am winning.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: XXXN3O

In danger of coming across cheesy here but. Now is the time to be there for family, friends and people in need that have been sleeping to the reality of how fragile things really are and still in shock.

This is an uncanny thing to read, as I also had this same realisation, but perhaps a year ago. The events of recent days, has just reiterated it. Yet it feels so futile with so many people ignoring the simplest of things, and in some cases, going out of their way to denounce them.

I only have 1 person in my lift that I worry for. Myself, I don't have a worry. Life gets us all in the end. and then it kills us..

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

This is heaven.

Haha, yes.. the road to a good heaven, is paved with hell..

... a bad bad reference to the aphorism, I know.

new topics

top topics

join