It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspend Mortgage and Rent until we can work!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have been a huge critic of Rick Scott, however right now he has a huge amount of respect from me.

Rick Scott calls for moratorium on rent, mortgages and utility payments

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I also live in a place that is heavy in tourism.
Virginia beach for the sun lover and surfing crowds and Williamsburg and the historic triangle for those interested in history.
And Busch Gardens and Water Country USA.

The parks are scheduled to open in about two weeks.
That's probably not going to happen. I
The hotels, restaurants and bars and beach gear shops along the beach depend on tourists who won't be there.
Even my own neighborhood has museums like the Air And Space Museum or beaches that get tourists and a large convention center and entertainment venue that will also suffer.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13
It's the government's fault for not getting ahead of this and calling it a hoax to begin with that's who's fault it is that hundreds of thousands are out of work right now.
And party on???
Partying on like getting cereal and fruit for those two kiddies and soap and toilet paper in the bathroom?
Partying on like making sure there's food in the cupboard when we open it?
Yeah I'm sure when folks are out of work the first thought upon getting any relief is to buy booze and potato chips.
The choice is going to be pay rent or eat not both.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

If they evict anyone they should bring back tar and feathering.

Same for price gouging or hoarding needed goods for the highest bidder.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Mitch McConnell is trying to stop it all together.

One side blaming the other but neither giving us any details at all.

Friggin give me the information tell me who is offering what and let me decide.

But no. Just sit there and blame each other while we sit and wait.

BULL ! ! !

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: carewemust

Mitch McConnell is trying to stop it all together.

One side blaming the other but neither giving us any details at all.

Friggin give me the information tell me who is offering what and let me decide.

But no. Just sit there and blame each other while we sit and wait.

BULL ! ! !

You said your grocery store was perfectly stocked and everything was just fine 2 days ago....

Lolz🤪

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

There are landlords who's only income is rent and they use that to pay the mortgage on the property you are living in and pay taxes on the house you are living in and then have the regular expenses of life like food or gas or electricity or water. All out of the rent you think they should forego because your income has been reduced...
I mean I don't know what the solution is but I'm pretty sure it's not I get mine but you don't get yours.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The MSM is making money from COV-19, while Americans are suffering. a reply to: ChaoticOrder

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I spent about 6 months in Virginia Beach when I was in 'C' school at NAS Oceana. Enjoyed my time there and have a good idea about how big the tourism industry is there. I also found fun surf at the 1st Betty and Dam Neck base.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

There is no guarantee that will continue though is there?

But hey the point and match to you dude for putting me in my place cuz things aren't changing by the hour and day right?

Please stay safe and healthy.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

They are? How?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

The parks are scheduled to open in about two weeks.
That's probably not going to happen. I
The hotels, restaurants and bars and beach gear shops along the beach depend on tourists who won't be there.
Even my own neighborhood has museums like the Air And Space Museum or beaches that get tourists and a large convention center and entertainment venue that will also suffer.

I think in OR and WA they are shutting down golf courses, camping, hiking etc too. Any place else like bars, restaurants, stores etc have already been shut down for a week.

edit on 23-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

We go to the beach over there at Ft Henry on the point.
Great waves because the sea and the bay mix it up there.
The army keeps the beaches very clean there and there are fewer crowds than on the ocean side where the hotels all are. Most folks don't know the public is welcome at the fort.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Just as the weather warms up and people want to relieve cabin fever from the winter.

I forgot the numerous golf courses because this is a big retirement area too.

Mild winters but still a change of season is appealing to those who shun the tropical retirement venues. We still get fall color and even the possibility of an inch or two of snow occasionally but mostly it's mild or warm.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: UKTruth

Cascade effects.

The economy is really, really a complex thing.
Exactly. This is both a trickle down and trickle up catastrophe for our economy. You hurt one business to “help” people, you’re gonna hurt all the people employed in that business and all the people who get money from that business and its employees. There are no simple solutions here.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Deferring instead of eviction is the civilized thing to do,
however %rates need to be cut big time concerning
mortgages, loans, especially credit cards.
Credit card companies make a fortune as it is, and will
profit even more during this epidemic, while regular
folks will be suffering.
Governments need to order lower credit-rates a.s.p.

~

edit on 23/3/20 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You don't get it, that's exactly what the "I don't give a #, pay your damn rent is" it's a I get mine but you don't get yours. I'm not asking landlords to forego rent entirely. But they better damn well cinch up their belts same as their tenants have to or they and their tenants will become homeless. There needs to be compromise and working together. Both sides need to work something out, because if they don't things can only cascade. The landlord saying, "# you, I don't care, I need the money" is no better than the tenant that does the same, both are both wrong and right. The tenant who won't pay no matter what is as bad as the landlord who will do nothing to help their struggling tenants in this trying time. We're all in this together, and it's only by working together and treating each other as humans equally deserving of consideration that we can get through this.

I unlike many on here am not demanding landlords stop collecting rent entirely. What I am asking is that they work with their tenants for the good of their tenants and themselves. There's a six month stop on eviction as there is. Any money is better than no money, and if treated right you might find people are willing to give a lot more than you'd expect, and long term things will be better for you and your business in the end. Push people too hard and they'll say eff you right back and suddenly the landlord is broke and his business is failing and his reputation is ruined and dragged through the mud, all because he wasn't willing to bend even a little. This situation will be a wake up call for many landlords. Some will do the right thing, and they and their tenants will get through this and become stronger for it, bonds will be formed, and true loyalty will grow.

Others, well, they'll be tenants again themselves soon enough...
edit on 3/23/2020 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Going to have 50 million without health insurance.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

This is another problem. When people get laid off, they lose health insurance.

Perhaps this outbreak will be enough to convince the American people that we need some form of universal healthcare.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Still nothing for mortgage/rent relief in Florida(New York has a moratorium).

I plan on paying half on the 1st since I only worked half the month.

The $1200 relief money won't go far and I feel the bill was full of pork with just scraps for the working class. $2 trillion is enough to give everyone in the US about $6000. Instead of focusing on those who are out of work, it gives a lot of people who don't need it a handout while leaving those in dire need with crumbs.

Come May 1st, this rent/mortgage issue will become a crisis. Despite Trump's optimism about ending the lockdown by April 15th,I don't see that being reasonable as the number of cases continues to rise exponentially.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join