It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspend Mortgage and Rent until we can work!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The problem is; your asking government to solve a problem that government caused.

If government hadn't acted so dumbassery in the first place, you'd be making sloe-gin rickey's for the divorced lady crowd tonight.

Apart from the government bit, which I presume is anecdotal, since it is both Federal and State directed in the OP, but I go with the flow, and fully agree with the OP's assumptions. It is quite clear that the OP has a brain more worthy than the incumbent US government at the top....ordinary people matter is the lesson.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Sure. Normal people matter.

And government response to the virus has screwed normal people.

Now we have normal people asking government for help to a problem that government has created.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

PS. In old times there was such a thing as "jubilee". Look up the term. It is not as if this is without any historic merit - that which you ask for.

I will go a step further, on the months you do not pay, you are credited as if you had. Not by the government, by the lenders.

Its really the only way out of this mess and I view it is inevitable. The alternative is going to be really bad for most people of the world.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Once again, those of us that prepared for an unexpected emergency will get screwed over bailing out people and companies that didn't.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Jubilee was every 7 years. All loans forgiven in full. I don't think the 30 year loan mortgage companies would like that to much

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Once again, those of us that prepared for an unexpected emergency will get screwed over bailing out people and companies that didn't.

I don't mind helping out my fellow countrymen, but companies need to pay it back, or maybe China should

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

I don't mind helping out my fellow countrymen, but companies need to pay it back, or maybe China should

Not enough money in the world to pay off the worlds debts, corporate, private, government. And when did you ever pay to bail someone out on the level we are talking about? Gov been running deficits since before you probably born and tax rates have only fallen on a generational level. Anyone who states "I don't want my taxes to go to ________, does not have a very good grasp on the situation. Your kids won't be paying for it either.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'm about a week or two away from saying screw the bills. This crap is litterally pi$$%ng me off now. Suspending work but not payments. How does that work?

What are we supposed to be happy that we might get some sort of check whenever?

I work my a#$ off trying to keep a good credit score and be a productive member of society, pay my taxes, and help build America, nah I'm about re adopt my old way of thinking and pay the bill if I feel like I can, or will have the money in the future. I'm not trying to get sympathy. I know that there are many here in the same boat.

What are they gonna do, reduce my credit score, take me to court? That wont matter when there isn't any jobs to make money to buy anything anyways.

Some might get angry at me for saying this, some might agree, but I can tell you that I am not going to worry about paying a credit card in the middle of a stupid financial apocalypse, especially when they wont even answer the phone or update to pay online.

Ridiculous

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Mortgage Lenders can DEFER or SUSPEND mortgage payments, they simply tack them on to the back end of the mortgage. You'll pay 3, 6, 9, etc.. more months than you normally would..plus some additional interest.

For Renters, the government would need to pay the rent. If it doesn't the Landlord will demand the back rent immediately, or in installments added on to your normal rent payments, until you're caught up current.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

The Mainstream Media, in concert with Democrat leaders, caused our crisis on a personal level. I bet we all know more people who are "suffering" financially than suffering medically due to CoronaVirus-19.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
What I imagine is lawmakers saying that they need to raise taxes because of all the payouts they had to make when they mandated that people stop earning money.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Still not the same as a state or federal level mandate, especially when it comes to rent. Even if landlords get the mortgage payments deferred, they still can demand rent from tenants.

This is why the government needs to step in and do something before we have an ugly housing crisis on our hands.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
What I imagine is lawmakers saying that they need to raise taxes because of all the payouts they had to make when they mandated that people stop earning money.

Yep in reality we would have been better off taking a timeout and freezing all financial loan type transactions

Instead of bailouts for corporations and giving 1-2K a month for individuals and spending trillions on stock market that is going to cause us godzillions of trillions in the end on bailouts and over a decade to economically recover back .

edit on 17331America/ChicagoFri, 20 Mar 2020 22:17:42 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

And just how fast do you think the government works? The fact that these groups have already stepped up is a good first step.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The Mainstream Media, in concert with Democrat leaders, caused our crisis on a personal level. I bet we all know more people who are "suffering" financially than suffering medically due to CoronaVirus-19.

No doubt but Trump played the political game and its going to cost us bigly. The amount of money its going to cost us and the amount of taxes that is going to be put on the middle class is even going to make commie bernie blush

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

you dont pay attention to the gov much do you?

we live in a trickle down economy.
who gets the biggest tax breaks? corps
who gets bailed out? corps

why do you think ceo pay has risen exponentially, and worker wages have been stagnant?

since reagan its has been the corps that always win, never the little guy.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: carewemust

No doubt but Trump played the political game and its going to cost us bigly. The amount of money its going to cost us and the amount of taxes that is going to be put on the middle class is even going to make commie bernie blush

Imagine if President Trump had said, "We'll wait to get to 1,000 U.S. deaths, like Obama did with H1N1, before declaring a national emergency."

What would the reaction of the U.S. population be? (No need to imagine the MSM terrorists reaction)
edit on 3/20/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I agree a reply to: jrod

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I agree with this idea....

Freeze all mortgage (held by banks) and rent payments for two months.

Give grants/loans for landlords for their day to day operations in amount they would have received above their loan payment.

Allow for the collection at the end of the loan period. Give grants/loans for any losses.

This is a much quicker and faster solution than just handing out money.

Someone is going to have to absorb these losses. It will going to have to be spread out over a number of years. The best way to do that is to attach the loss to property. That little beauty shop who has to pay rent will totally go out of business if they have to pay rent today. If you make the mortgage holder bear the costs most likely they will need some type of government help but it won't be immediate and it could be easily spread over long term help. They could bear a short-term loss a lot easier than a small business or individual.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join