It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man offers $1 million to save Terri Schiavo!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This is just plain awesome! I bet the guy can not pass this one up.....want to call that bet?

Businessman will pay husband Michael if he transfers guardianship to parents

A California businessman has offered $1 million to the husband of a brain-damaged Florida woman if he will give up guardianship of her – a move that would save her from court-ordered starvation set to begin next Friday.

Those caring for Terri Schiavo are scheduled to remove her feeding tube March 18 – for the third time in the last few years – unless a court-approved alternative is found. Estranged husband Michael Schiavo won a court order in 2000 to have her feeding tube removed, claiming she had said she wouldn't want to live in such a condition. Parents Robert and Mary Schindler, however, insist she has demonstrated a strong will to live, and they have filed a flurry of motions to prevent the tube's removal – to no avail.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Seems we already have the answer,

Told you so................What did he have to loose? Dirtbag imho.

TAMPA, Fla. -- A man fighting to have a feeding tube removed from his brain-damaged wife on Friday rejected a California businessman's offer to pay him $1 million to give up his right to decide her medical treatment.

Thursday's offer, which the husband's attorney labeled "offensive," came hours after a judge refused to let the state's social services agency intervene - a move that would have delayed next week's scheduled removal of the tube.

Schiavo's Husband Turns Down $1 Million Offer

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
From the link:

Michael has said over and over again that this case is not about money for him," Felos said. "It's about carrying out his wife's wishes. There is no amount of money anyone can offer that will cause him to turn his back on his wife.

I just don't buy it. What does this man really want? When considering carrying out his wife's wishes which I personally do not buy as the reason he is so persistent in wanting her to starve to death, I wonder how his wife's wishes come into play regarding the fact that he has all but abandoned her and moved on to another woman.

I also don't understand why if Terri had wanted to not be left like this, but neglected to put these instructions in a written document, why this even has the right to be debated. If it wasn't on paper it shouldn't be permitted period. It shouldn't be in the courts and it shouldn't be allowed if all parties involved (and that has to include the immediate family, not just a spouse) are not in agreement.

Maybe this varies from state to state, but it was my understanding that unless a document was produced to clearly state otherwise, all efforts must be made to keep the person alive. Why has this even gone on so long on merely the word of a former spouse who clearly has abandoned his wife?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
One thought, can you imagine what his present girlfriend would think if asked how he would deal with her case should it happen?

top topics

join