It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID-19: China Locked in Hybrid War with US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Oliver Stone posted this on his FB page.

I wonder about Trump’s antagonism towards China. Is he emphasizing it for the wrong reasons?

See below from Pepe Escobar. In the past, Escobar has been on-point as to US geopolitical conflicts. Could this be the darkest side of the story? Could we have started a biological attack on China’s economy and it backfired? I’d rather believe not, but past research at Fort Detrick, Maryland, now recently shut down, has done the world a lot of harm, going back to our Swine Flu fever attack on Cuba under Nixon. We wiped out the entire pig population of an island we’re still aggressively sanctioning, as we are Iran and Venezuela. Now China? Is the US losing its cool?

Oliver Stone is referring to this article, by Pepe Escobar

Beijing is carefully, incrementally shaping the narrative that, from the beginning of the coronavirus attack, the leadership knew it was under a hybrid war attack.

The terminology of President Xi Jinping is a major clue. He said, on the record, that this was war. And, as a counter-attack, a “people’s war” had to be launched.

(snip)

When Zhao Lijian, a spokesman for the Chinese Foreign Ministry, voiced in an incandescent tweet the possibility that “it might be US Army who brought the epidemic to Wuhan” – the first blast to this effect to come from a top official – Beijing was sending up a trial balloon signaling that the gloves were finally off. Zhao Lijian made a direct connection with the Military Games in Wuhan in October 2019, which included a delegation of 300 U.S. military.

He directly quoted U.S. CDC Director Robert Redfield who, when asked last week whether some deaths by Coronavirus had been discovered posthumously in the U.S., replied that “some cases have actually been diagnosed this way in the U.S. today.”

Zhao’s explosive conclusion is that COVID-19 was already in effect in the U.S. before being identified in Wuhan – due to the by now fully documented inability of the U.S. to test and verify differences compared with the flu.

Adding all that to the fact that coronavirus genome variations in Iran and Italy were sequenced and it was revealed they do not belong to the variety that infected Wuhan, Chinese media are now openly asking questions and drawing a connection with the shutting down in August last year of the “unsafe” military bioweapon lab at Fort Detrick, the Military Games, and the Wuhan epidemic. Some of these questions had been asked– with no response – inside the U.S. itself.

Extra questions linger about the opaque Event 201 in New York on October 18, 2019: a rehearsal for a worldwide pandemic caused by a deadly virus – which happened to be coronavirus. This magnificent coincidence happened one month before the outbreak in Wuhan.

Event 201 was sponsored by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the World Economic Forum (WEF), the CIA, Bloomberg, John Hopkins Foundation and the UN. The World Military Games opened in Wuhan on the exact same day.

Irrespective of its origin, which is still not conclusively established, as much as Trump tweets about the “Chinese virus,” COVID-19 already poses immensely serious questions about biopolitics (where’s Foucault when we need him?) and bio-terror.

The working hypothesis of coronavirus as a very powerful but not Armageddon-provoking bio-weapon unveils it as a perfect vehicle for widespread social control — on a global scale.

(snip)
Full Article

Is there something to it? Perhaps an incredible coincidence? Not exactly sure about the swine flu spread in Cuba story. Did that really happen?
Could the COVID-19 virus really be a US bioweapon, gone rogue?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I don’t believe either country would try to kill off each other’s populations. There are a lot of easier ways to destroy an economy.
edit on 2020/3/20 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
All just incredible coincidences that happen often enough.

Drills that have parallel realities.

Watered down chem-weapons that somehow always escape by accident.

Patterns that have too many similarities.

etc. etc. 🎱 🎯

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

My comment is not intended to pass any judgement on the content that has been posted, going by my gut there is something very off with everything at the moment. I do want to point out though that Pepe Escobar, the author of that article, also works for RT and and Sputnik News (A Russian Gov owned news service)

Pepe Escobar (born 1954) is a Brazilian journalist. He writes a column – The Roving Eye – for Asia Times Online, and works as an analyst for RT, Sputnik News, and Press TV. In addition, he previously worked for Al Jazeera.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

Sputnik (Russian pronunciation: [ˈsputnʲɪk]; formerly The Voice of Russia and RIA Novosti) is a news agency, news website platform and radio broadcast service established by the Russian government-owned news agency Rossiya Segodnya. Headquartered in Moscow, Sputnik says it has regional editorial offices in Washington, D.C., Cairo, Beijing, Paris, Berlin, London, India and Edinburgh. Sputnik describes itself as being focused on global politics and economics and aims for an international audience.

en.wikipedia.org...

Sputnik News is a well known propaganda arm of the Russian Government and Pepe Escobar works for them. Again, not passing any judgement on the veracity of what is being reported, just where there may be other interests involved.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Most of the diseases in the past have come from China. Asian flu, from 1956, to now Covid19.

A very large population with close contact with each other and animals is a recipe for spitting out theses viruses.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Before any of this began, I had serious "trust" issues brought on by the internet.

It can be tricky to tell if someone is trolling, much less anything more important. Due to scale dynamics, and our perception of it through the internet, I dont necessarily trust it for that reason either. Can you imagine what "hollywood" could accomplish propaganda-wise if they didnt spend their time on movies, entertainment, and money?

So, gotta consider it a possibility. Frankly though, I wouldnt expect intentional biowarfare to be whats happening in any direction. If what we are hearing is true about how contagious it is.. There was never a way that it wouldnt backfire.

I suspect its something more along the lines of China struggling to maintain containment procedures in a high level biolab, maybe with a tinge of "with a virus they stole." Perhaps even something "benign" like unintentionally creating this while looking for cures for the other outbreaks.

Its certainly not the first pandemic to originate there though, so maybe its all organic. Regardless, I do think that in hindsight.. We probably should have been at least thinking about these things after the last 20 years of modern communication and hearing of all these outbreaks in real time over the years.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   
There was also that US bio weapon expert who was arrested earlier this year. Hadn't he apparently been working with two Chinese agents, one of whom was also arrested and the other escaped back to China?

Is this a coincidence..? Lets say for arguments sake it's not a coincidence...

Two scenarios immediately present themselves:

Scenario 1: The Chinese were stealing info/a sample of US bio weapons to take to China. Then the Chinese used it on their own people in order to control population, quell the Hong Kong protest riots and destabilise the western economy once it spread (their answer to Trump's crippling economic sanctions). High risk strategy to say the least.

It's probably more likely that China simply wanted the info/sample, but the sample container was compromised and the escaped agent was unintentionally infected and unwittingly passed on the infection once back in China.

Scenario 2: The Chinese agents in were fact 'doubles' who were really CIA; their mission being to smuggle the virus into China to further destabilise their economy and leadership. Perhaps even with the thought that if it spread west it would enable greater social control.

Or, US Intelligence discovered the plan, but instead of arresting them straight away, they infected one of the Chinese agents and allowed him to escape back to China. Then the US having arrested the scientist and the other Chinese associate control the narrative if the virus was traced back to the US; they could use these arrests to deny responsibility and accuse the Chinese.

There are probably many permutations of these narratives and very different ones besides that are possible explanations. And of course it could be a genuine coincidence.

And with that in mind, i'm going to play the lottery today and expect my numbers to coincidently be the same as the winning numbers!

edit on 21-3-2020 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   

As Xi Jinping toured the coronavirus-stricken city of Wuhan this week, setting the tone for an official narrative that China will win a “People’s War”, numerous social media users went to extraordinary lengths to make an alternative voice heard.
www.reuters.com... 100NA

We face the viral threat together as a people , Trump's war is financial not viral and to help both your economy and their economy the tariffs on trade should be lifted.

Could the COVID-19 virus really be a US bioweapon, gone rogue?

If it is it's a pretty poor bioweapon as it's indiscriminate , the US military have been working on ethnically targeted bioweapons for years so I doubt COVID-19 is anything other than it is ... a warning from nature.
edit on 21-3-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

top topics

join