It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ak 47 w/t 100 round magzine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
can some body tell me it is true or pure imgnation
i found this pic while surfing net

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Looks pretty fake to me, photoshopped

The gun would use a barrel magazine if it had a large round capacity.
For example the Type 81MGS light machine gun which is based on the AK47 (its the one at the bottom of the picture)

Link to Info

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It IS true there are PICTURES of people having that AK and even a 1992 RAP Group was holding one in thire RAP Album Cover the Rap Album was called "Penthouse Players" 1992

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
It IS true there are PICTURES of people having that AK and even a 1992 RAP Group was holding one in thire RAP Album Cover the Rap Album was called "Penthouse Players" 1992

Linky to pictures?, I couldn't find the album cover using google. Well I could but the album cover didn't have the gun on it.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The picture shows a bunch of black GANSTER'S around a gambling table with some women dressed in inappropriate ways and in the back there is a BIG Black guy in a "white suite" holding the EXACT AK with the EXACT long magazine-Clip in the picture on this thread.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by SiberianTiger]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
i think no body confirm it is real but i think it is real because
this pic is so clear that it is difficult to edit with this clearity

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
it does exist this picture is from an official russian arms website.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I've read about them as a highly prized collectors' item, but never seen one in person. The book was The AK-47 and AK-74 Kalashnikov Rifles and Their Variations, I as I recall.

I think that the spring in that thing would be about as dangerous as the bullets! Imagine loading one by hand.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Spectre]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I've seen these before on a Kalashnikov website I believe, I am 99% sure it's real...if you think that's odd, get a load of this one:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Yeah,Its a Kalashnikov,used in WWII,meant to fire above trenches. There are many other Kalashnikovs besides the -47,-74,AKM and AKSU,and I don't mean modified. Can't seem to find any pics though.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I don't think this was used in WW2, Kalashnikov didn't start making weapons until after the war...

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Wierd,I swear I read somewhere that it was made during WWII....oh well...

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Yes, the 100-Round "Banana Clip" for the AK47 was an early design to figure out ways to carry more ammunition so the AK47 could be used as a support weapon. It was scrapped for 50 and 100 round drum magazines now available for all weapons of AKM family but particularly used on the RPK-47/74, the AKM Light Machine gun. You will notice that the Banana Clip has a ring which attaches to the bottom of barrel, so it stays relatively still and does not become loose during movement and so the feed does not jam.

Also, the AK47 or it's predecessors were not used in WW2. Mikhail Kalishnakov made the first AK47 which was ready for production in 1947, thats why it's called the AK47, DUHHHH!!! Learn some history about the weapon...

The first assault rifle ever made was the German StG.44/KP44/MP44, which saw limited action during the closing years of WW2. It is similar in appearance to AK47, so it is easy to confuse the two.

Here are some pictures/sites of the AKM family of weapons: (awwww...
)

AK-47:

AK-74 made in 1974 to replace current AKM-47 as Russian Standard Assault Rifle:

world.guns.ru...

AK-47 with shortened 50 Round "Banana Clip":

RPK-47 former Russian Standard Light Machine Gun, also designed in 1947:

world.guns.ru...

RPK-74, designed in 1974 to replace RPK-47 as new standard Light Machine Gun:

world.guns.ru...

Finally, the 50 and 100 Round Drum Ammunition Containers are the now preferred choice of carrying extra ammunition for the AKM family of weapons. They are more compact, more managible, and easier to store and reload than the ageing "Banana Clips", and also have a much better and modern feeding system to prevent jamming and associated problems. The 50 and 100 "Banana Clips" are not manufactured anymore and few if any can still be found in service, mainly they are distributed in poorer, Third-World nations. They have become somewhat of the collectors item...

And if you think the 100 "Banana Clip" is weird, take a look at this Underwater AKM Rifle:

world.guns.ru...

Anyway... back to topic

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The first prototype was produced in 1945 in the end of the war, but it wasn't accepted for production until '47 which is correct.

Gotta love Max
and his site www.world.guns.ru

But Conspira, be nice to people please...

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
GrOuNdZeRo:

Nope, your wrong there. No prototypes were made in 1945. The first AK-47 designs were submitted and tested around 1946. However, Mikhail Kalishnakov was informed prior to that by the Soviet's that a new assault rifle was required for the new 7.62mm × 39 cartridge developed by Elisarov and Semin, and was testing different carbines for an assault rifle during 1944-46, but no design was yet confirmed, so no prototypes could be built. Starting with his original design, during 1946 and early 1947 he developed an assault rifle that he submitted for official Soviet Army trials in 1946. During the 1946 and early 1947 he redesigned his initial rifle and submitted it to the second trials, held in 1947. The latter design was found superior to the rivals and was consequently adopted in 1949 as the "7,62mm Automat Kalashnikova, obraztsa 1947 goda" (7.62mm Kalashnikov automatic rifle, made in 1947). After extensive field trials it was slightly modified in 1951, but retained the same name. Along with the basic version, a folding butt version had been developed for paratroop forces, and it was named AKS. He may have worked on the carbine in 1944 and onwards, but initial designs for the assault rifle were made in 1946/47 so no prototypes could be built before.

Check these links out, they both confirm what I'm saying:

en.wikipedia.org... (scroll down to where it says developement)

world.guns.ru...

BTW, yes WorldGuns.ru is an awesome site...
And I was being nice...

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Whoa! Thats a huge clip!
I've never seen one like that before.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira