It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker issues order requiring residents to ‘stay at home’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: JinMI

I will be out 'getting groceries' all day when it happens.

I am in Southern Illinois, and that's exactly what I was thinking. I take care of several businesses computers and networks here, as well as residences. I'll be damned if they are shutting me down without a fight.

I work for a boat dealership in Mo. We were thinking the same thing if it happens here. But our owner was told we may have to comply. He was in touch with the lawyers and if by chance someone got sick and they could trace it back to us working somehow, he says they could take us apart.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
We're being forced in our homes, like caged animals.

The SH!T is about to hit the fan, folks.

I'm lucky to live in a rural area, small town community, with land.

Can't imagine being cooped up in a damned apartment building all the time.

People will likely lose their #.

Might start turning the soil this weekend or next week.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Florida will be announcing state wide lock down within the next 48 hours.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

We're being forced in our homes, like caged animals.

The SH!T is about to hit the fan, folks.

Technically you're being told to. Most are simply obliging.

We're being HERDED into our homes.

Is that better?

Yep

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I noticed the media has been using the word 'ordered.' It is still a choice, why are some people being misled to think it's not? Same with the businesses...

Of course, some people won't voluntarily comply, that's when it will become an order. I'm sure they have *staff* ready to be recklessly non-compliant and we'll all be begging for an order, enforcement, and punishment. I count on it.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand

Got word from a person in our state government; we should be next.... his wife is in the medical field as well.

With every rumor. Take it with a grain of salt

Whitmer isn't a leader, shell capitulate when s few more do.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Well if course!

Governments are adept at being the problem and claiming to be the solution!

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
a reply to: FredT

Word is, Maryland is going to do it tonight.

Heard from friends, Wisconsin will probably happen this weekend

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand

Got word from a person in our state government; we should be next.... his wife is in the medical field as well.

With every rumor. Take it with a grain of salt

As our governor said this afternoon she didn't have any plans for it

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Anyone know what this could possibly mean for interstate travel?

I live in AZ. Feeling the need to go to my kids in TX. willing to make the drive. Just curious the possibilities of any obstructions?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

I looked up the epidemiologist advising Pritzker...she's been one of the media's go-to experts since the start.

These statements from her, in February, are interesting:

The people of Wuhan, China, in Hubei Province, are on the mind of Dr. Emily Landon here in Chicago, the hospital epidemiologist at University of Chicago Hospitals, which has a partnership with a hospital in Wuhan.

"The unbelievable draconian measures that they have taken to lock off Hubei Province have really bought the rest of the world time," Landon said.

The people in Wuhan have been locked in their apartments for at least a month, which has allowed more room for adequate measures to be taken, she said.

"For whatever it's worth, and for all the shortcomings or glory or however you want to put it from a political standpoint, the people of Hubei Province have been locked in their apartments for a month," she said. "And that's a really big sacrifice."

The doctor was emotional talking about the quarantine in China, adding that it is hard to imagine being in that situation.

Landon believes we will see sick people here, but not on a scale of what we've seen in China. So far, Illinois has only seen two cases of coronavirus, both of which have been cured.

Link

She's also one that said people shouldn't wear masks and wearing N95 masks requires such extensive training and skillful fitting, it's beyond the grasp of the masses...so we shouldn't bother. I'm paraphrasing, of course.

edit on 3/20/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Can you work from home? Or can you not remote access their networks? I've worked for some industrial manufacturers where I was still able to get past their DMZ protocols from home.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
Can you work from home? Or can you not remote access their networks? I've worked for some industrial manufacturers where I was still able to get past their DMZ protocols from home.

I do on some, but I don't have that option with others.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: coop039

I am in Southern Illinois, and that's exactly what I was thinking. I take care of several businesses computers and networks here, as well as residences. I'll be damned if they are shutting me down without a fight.

I work for a boat dealership in Mo. We were thinking the same thing if it happens here. But our owner was told we may have to comply. He was in touch with the lawyers and if by chance someone got sick and they could trace it back to us working somehow, he says they could take us apart.

Very Christian of him to close down simply because he risks a fine or bankruptcy. People acting like they are above it all and are willing to risk everyone else well being, and the nation as a whole because they know better. No one here wants to bend over, but most arent so GD arrogant to think they are infallible either. Some of y'all could end up being a serious problem for the rest of us, I hope your confidence is enough for a mob of pissed off neighbors.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: coop039

Very Christian of him to close down simply because he risks a fine or bankruptcy. People acting like they are above it all and are willing to risk everyone else well being, and the nation as a whole because they know better. No one here wants to bend over, but most arent so GD arrogant to think they are infallible either. Some of y'all could end up being a serious problem for the rest of us, I hope your confidence is enough for a mob of pissed off neighbors.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I noticed the media has been using the word 'ordered.' It is still a choice, why are some people being misled to think it's not? Same with the businesses...

I think they're executive orders, issued by governors and mayors. In California now people can be fined for misdemeanor violations if they defy the "order", like someone throws a big Bar B Q party in the park, or something.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The "Pattern" is getting alarming 🥶

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Madness.

Utter blinking effing fracking swearing madness.

I know this is serious.

But c'mon people!

I mean really!

SMDH

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
They can't they are sanctuary states.

Or Maybe that hasn't worked out so well

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well, so far the shutdown work is still on, but that can change. It is a nice drive over by East St louis.

I hope the people in charge know what they are doing because it will probably get pretty scary in a couple of weeks.

Wtf

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join