It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else watching this train wreck of a press conference?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Flesh699

originally posted by: underwerks
Jesus Christ.

The President was asked if he had a message for the people who are scared right now. He attacked the reporter and called that a nasty question. Then continued to berate him and the others present.

That could have been some kind of defining moment where he gave a statement to the American people. But no, nothing but angry ranting. I’ve been watching it in replay and the face of the woman behind him is priceless.

I realize we have a petulant child as commander in chief but good lord. Even the people supposedly backing him are shaking their heads. How can a person go about as President this clueless?

I thought I would be happy watching him crash and burn. But watching this entire spectacle happen in real time is one of the saddest things I’ve ever witnessed.

R.I.P. America.

Incorrect. The reporter asked if he was giving false hope about the drug to the american people. To which he replied "It may work or it may not work."

He then called him disgusting because the reporter purposely tried to make it sound like Trump said it would work, which is not accurate.

Disregard OP he's being intellectually dishonest. The only children here are idiots like you. If you're going to make a thread give facts.

I already knew it was BS the moment I saw who started the thread.

Everyone did

The OP is a blatant lie

Pathetic

Prove it then.

That’s all I ask. I transcribed the exchange live, and I described how you all that disagree with me are conflating two separate questions asked back to back to support your unquestioning defense of Donald Trump.

Yet all you guys have are insults and personal attacks.

No arguments, nothing.

That pretty much says it all.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tinktinktink

Why does Trump even entertain these clowns and their questions? They have not reported honestly nor positively since trump announced his candidacy years ago.

I don’t know, maybe because that’s his job?

I understand I was partly in the wrong for expecting Donald Trump to act like an adult.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Honestly when I saw a reporter go on and on about how racist it is to call it the Chinese flu whatever tiny bit of respect I had for regular journalists went out the window.

With everything going on between virus mutation, mounting death toll in Italy, red tape slowing US response, to the cratering market, and uncertain future for workers in the US... who really give a Flying fornication if he says wu flu, or Chinese virus etc outside of the CCP.

That cemented it for me that MSM is utterly and completely outdated and useless.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Arnie123

More importantly, the real underlying issue is their attempts at allowing their echo chamber framework to be the defining factor of their reality

*holds up mirror
The defining factor here is you created a thread soley to complain about Trump.

Why take up server space to illustrate what we already know happens 24/7 in Underwerk world?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

99 percent of Peters network is negative spin on what Trump says or does. Realistically answering a setup question like this could cost lives. Furthermore your irrational hatred for Trump makes whatever you say bs as well. The thing is and most alarming is the saying for media and since they rigged there primaries Once a network is caught lying that network is still a liar when they tell the truth so their voice can and will never be respected as honest journalism.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
IMO... He lashed out at the reporter because some elements of the media, of which that reporter is part of, are the ones responsible for scaring people and inducing fear. The President just gave the media props the other day for reporting facts and information reasonably, but not all of the outlets are sticking with the facts and data.

If the message is one of hope and relentless pursuit of a response that is as effective as possible, why beat on the fear drum by making the public believe that much of the public is scared? What is the purpose of asking how to calm people's fears, when all it does is highlight that the fear and not hope? There is only one response to fear, and that is hope or some type of positive message. To have the media doing anything but report the facts and data, and try to promote a positive message to the public, is irresponsible and only fuels the panic and fear. When I watched the response live, I thought to myself "what the hell kind of question is that?" He could have just as easily asked - "Mr. President, what would you say to the people that are looking to you and the Administration for positive direction and hope?" - but that wouldn't fit the fear narrative.

It's not about my support for Trump or anyone in particular, it's about how I feel as an American and my fellow Americans. It's hard enough for us to keep calm, shouldn't the message from our leaders be one of hope and inspiration instead of getting up there and pandering to fear? By saying "I know you're all afraid" - you are in fact reinforcing the feeling of fear, not remedying it. I think the message of "stop feeding the fear" was exactly what he needed to say, albeit it could have been said in a softer manner.

Stick with the facts and the data and stop promoting fear and hype that is leading to runs on the stores, panic buying and hoarding, clogged supply lines, every cough and sniffle filling up emergency rooms... Which is what SOME of the media is doing, thankfully not all, but they are all contributing to it at times and it needs to stop.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinktinktink

99 percent of Peters network is negative spin on what Trump says or does. Realistically answering a setup question like this could cost lives. Furthermore your irrational hatred for Trump makes whatever you say bs as well. The thing is and most alarming is the saying for media and since they rigged there primaries Once a network is caught lying that network is still a liar when they tell the truth so their voice can and will never be respected as honest journalism.
Well said

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Put bs in Mudpit then cries that people are being poopy heads.

Lol

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I don’t disagree with you that that’s a stupid question. But at the same time that doesn’t automatically make it right for the President to lash out when asked something else. His job is supposedly to make it clear to the American public the current information about this crisis and what steps they are taking. But he gets instantly triggered and turns it into a pissing contest.

Which means now that’s what everyone is going to take from it. And I’m sitting here with no more information than I had before.

It’s a complete failure as a press conference because of his own emotional response to any kind of criticism.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinktinktink
Why does Trump even entertain these clowns and their questions? They have not reported honestly nor positively since trump announced his candidacy years ago. He would do better just bring it directly to the American people.

a negative message that the reporter was trying to steer and spin could cost lives and further losses to our retirements.

The only clown I've seen for the last 3+ years is him.
Contrary to what the emperor and his minions think, it's not the job of the press to blow sunshine up his plump orange rump all day. In a free society, the press is expected to ask tough questions. If Trump can't handle it, maybe he should go back to his low-IQ reality show--or move in with Putin.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I saw how the market reacted to Trump's temper tantrum.

It is clear that this administration is shooting in the dark with no clear direction whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I think the difference between the doctor and what Trump is saying comes down to their differing points of view. Trump is saying that the treatment is promising and says that the meds are already listed as safe for people to use. The doctor is saying that for the Corona Virus he only feels safe saying that they will know more when they get more data. The doctor did re-iterate that the meds have been approved for other uses, but in regards to the Corona Virus he would feel better with more testing. Trump is saying that the treatments looks good, is promising, and safe for enough people that he doesn't see it as bleak.

We both saw the same back and forth between the President and the reporter, but just like the doctor and Trump we are saying things from our own points of view. What I got from the back and forth was that:
* We have a possible treatment for the virus
* It's early and medical officials would like more testing
* The President wants to move quickly to save lives and prevent virus spread
* The meds in question have been declared safe for other uses than the Corona virus

I'm leaving out what the reporter was seeming trying to push, or what Trumps reply about some members of the media. I just don't think either needs to be discussed. In my opinion they both could have done it better, but on one hand a reporter might have been told to ask that type of question by his producer, and on the other hand how many times has Trump been attacked for keeping the American people in mind first?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

You'd think they'd get their story straight before going on national television.

I don't think Trump understands what he's being told. I sure don't want him making medical decisions.

edit on 3/20/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Give it a rest. There's a time and a place and the POTUS, being a functional retard, doesn't understand.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Put bs in Mudpit then cries that people are being poopy heads.

Lol

I put it in the Mud Pit because of how everyone else responds. Not me. You can’t criticize this President or the government response to anything here without an army of loyalists posting page after page of personal attacks.

That isn’t a reflection of me. That’s them.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Irishhaf

I don’t disagree with you that that’s a stupid question. But at the same time that doesn’t automatically make it right for the President to lash out when asked something else. His job is supposedly to make it clear to the American public the current information about this crisis and what steps they are taking. But he gets instantly triggered and turns it into a pissing contest.

Which means now that’s what everyone is going to take from it. And I’m sitting here with no more information than I had before.

It’s a complete failure as a press conference because of his own emotional response to any kind of criticism.

i think maybe he picked the wrong question to lash out, that much I would agree with you on. I don't know how well I could hold up during a crisis such as this and having to deal with people who took everything I did and said and put a negative spin on it. I probably would have already snapped and probably said more than he is a bad reporter. But yeah we all wish everyone could remain calm and not show any signs of pressure or lash out in any way. But we are humans and it is our nature.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

In my opinion they both could have done it better, but on one hand a reporter might have been told to ask that type of question by his producer, and on the other hand how many times has Trump been attacked for keeping the American people in mind first?

That’s the reporters job though. To ask uncomfortable questions. And in asking those uncomfortable questions give the President a way to explain his actions and words to people at large. Which I don’t think Trump even realizes.

A media that coddles the President and only asks him questions that he would like to answer isn’t a media at all. Just another arm of the state.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You'd think they'd get their story straight before going on national television.

I don't think Trump understands what he's being told. I sure don't want him making medical decisions.

Sometimes my boss takes what me and my peers advise him of, who are the professionals in our respective fields, and promotes that message. He doesn't write software, we do, but he relies on us to give him the important facts that he needs to give reassurance to other parts of the organization and to make informed decisions. He doesn't sit down and look at the millions of lines of code we are writing, and he doesn't question our judgment unless it's way out of our lane. How is the President any different?

There is a reason the President doesn't make medical decisions and why he has advisors to do that for him. He doesn't need to understand what he's being told, he needs to understand how to ACT on it, and that's what I (and everyone else should) care about.

~Namaste
edit on 20-3-2020 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Jesus Christ.

The President was asked if he had a message for the people who are scared right now. He attacked the reporter and called that a nasty question. Then continued to berate him and the others present.

That could have been some kind of defining moment where he gave a statement to the American people. But no, nothing but angry ranting. I’ve been watching it in replay and the face of the woman behind him is priceless.

I realize we have a petulant child as commander in chief but good lord. Even the people supposedly backing him are shaking their heads. How can a person go about as President this clueless?

I thought I would be happy watching him crash and burn. But watching this entire spectacle happen in real time is one of the saddest things I’ve ever witnessed.

R.I.P. America.

Yeah, it is obvious this exchange is going to be interpreted differently based on your political perception.

I think he had every right to attack the reporter, it was a stupid stupid question.

It is pathetic, the press is asking leading questions designed to make the president look bad in a time like this.

That question is designed to stir up fear, and promote a feeling of hopelessness. It is reckless and despicable - and was only done in an attempt to try to paint trump as a leader with no answers - as if anybody alive knows all the right answers now. The best you can hope for is a leader who works to fix mistakes as fast as possible.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I never want a politician of any kind giving me medical advice. What I do want to see from a politician is them not spreading hopelessness. Trump was clearly trying to keep peoples hopes up, and seems to just want to be in front of any possible treatments.

I don't know what information that Trump is getting to make a decision on the things he says. In this case If I had the information I would still talk it over with my doctor first. His team probably told him something positive about the meds, and he just wanted Americans to know that something good is coming out of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join