It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else watching this train wreck of a press conference?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Do you have the part before that where the reporter was being dismissive of the President

You mean that part where several reporters were calling out Trump's lie that the FDA approved drugs, when they haven't.

Looks like you got it.

edit on 20-3-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
a reply to: underwerks

To be fair though the reporter did try and attack Trump for trying to keep the message positive for the American people, then tried to interrupt him while he was talking. Shouldn't the president at least try and keep fellow Americans calm during these times, or should only the messages of hope be from someone else?

Also does it really matter if you like Trump or not, shouldn't the President at least get some respect by the person asking a question?

You know, I kinda got that vibe, but Trump could of handled it better, and I think he did alright in the last few pressers.

I think it's getting to him for sure.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Trump's only got irrelevant rhetoric and BS when he answers questions.

I know.

And I don’t know what I was expecting. Maybe him stepping up to the plate and not turning a chance to talk to the American people into a **** measuring contest with a reporter.

I realize that was expecting too much.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Maybe we're hearing different things? I heard a reporter asking a president if the meds that are being looked at and are safe, and then that same reporter attacking the President for being upbeat about the possible treatment. Now what exactly are you hearing?

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

originally posted by: underwerks
Jesus Christ.

The President was asked if he had a message for the people who are scared right now. He attacked the reporter and called that a nasty question. Then continued to berate him and the others present.

That could have been some kind of defining moment where he gave a statement to the American people. But no, nothing but angry ranting. I’ve been watching it in replay and the face of the woman behind him is priceless.

I realize we have a petulant child as commander in chief but good lord. Even the people supposedly backing him are shaking their heads. How can a person go about as President this clueless?

I thought I would be happy watching him crash and burn. But watching this entire spectacle happen in real time is one of the saddest things I’ve ever witnessed.

R.I.P. America.

Incorrect. The reporter asked if he was giving false hope about the drug to the american people. To which he replied "It may work or it may not work."

He then called him disgusting because the reporter purposely tried to make it sound like Trump said it would work, which is not accurate.

Disregard OP he's being intellectually dishonest. The only children here are idiots like you. If you're going to make a thread give facts.

I already knew it was BS the moment I saw who started the thread.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

To be fair though the reporter did try and attack Trump for trying to keep the message positive for the American people, then tried to interrupt him while he was talking. Shouldn't the president at least try and keep fellow Americans calm during these times, or should only the messages of hope be from someone else?

Also does it really matter if you like Trump or not, shouldn't the President at least get some respect by the person asking a question?

You know, I kinda got that vibe, but Trump could of handled it better, and I think he did alright in the last few pressers.

I think it's getting to him for sure.

See, I can respect that. That’s your opinion. And that’s cool.

You aren’t personally attacking me because I talked bad about a politician. I saw a train wreck in real time, but I have no problem at all with someone who saw it differently.

As long as they can respectfully talk about it. But most people here have invested themselves so much into a politician that they take it personally when someone insults them.

And have the nerve to call themselves patriots. When all they really are is loyalists.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The treatments in question have been FDA approved and are safe for people use, it's just that in treatment of the Corona Virus it still needs testing. Or was that what you meant to say?

a reply to: vonclod

Between this and the whole garbage about "Chinese Virus" being a racist term (even though the same people crying about that term use it too) I would say that my inner D.I. would come out on some of the reporters if I was treated the same way.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Maybe we're hearing different things? I heard a reporter asking a president if the meds that are being looked at and are safe, and then that same reporter attacking the President for being upbeat about the possible treatment. Now what exactly are you hearing?

That was a separate question. Which Trump answered. Then Trump started pointing around and everyone else started screaming questions and he went back to the same reporter. Who asked a second question about what he would say to the American people who are scared.

And that’s when Trump lashed out at him.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I thought I would be happy watching him crash and burn. But watching this entire spectacle happen in real time is one of the saddest things I’ve ever witnessed.

Didn't see this one but saw the one a couple of days ago , a truly cringe worthy and rather sad watch , I had to keep reminding myself this is the President of the USA speaking.

I don't like Mike Pence but it felt better when he was talking and sounding like he knew what he was talking about and had real answers to real questions , Trump's only got irrelevant rhetoric and BS when he answers questions.

It never ceases to amaze me that ignorant foriengers and deluded leftist describe and post the exact opposite of what everyone else sees, some serious self attribution bias there, too bad they can't see the fallcy beyond that notion.

More importantly, the real underlying issue is their attempts at allowing their echo chamber framework to be the defining factor of their reality and notice I said, "their reality" and not "Reality", what terrible fate one must live under this facade and illusion to reality and real world facts.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Jesus Christ.

The President was asked if he had a message for the people who are scared right now. He attacked the reporter and called that a nasty question. Then continued to berate him and the others present.

That could have been some kind of defining moment where he gave a statement to the American people. But no, nothing but angry ranting. I’ve been watching it in replay and the face of the woman behind him is priceless.

I realize we have a petulant child as commander in chief but good lord. Even the people supposedly backing him are shaking their heads. How can a person go about as President this clueless?

R.I.P. America.

Incorrect. The reporter asked if he was giving false hope about the drug to the american people. To which he replied "It may work or it may not work."

He then called him disgusting because the reporter purposely tried to make it sound like Trump said it would work, which is not accurate.

Disregard OP he's being intellectually dishonest. The only children here are idiots like you. If you're going to make a thread give facts.

Thank you.

If we ever reach the point where you and I agree I’ll have to seriously reconsider my thought processes.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

More importantly, the real underlying issue is their attempts at allowing their echo chamber framework to be the defining factor of their reality

*holds up mirror

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Nope because anything they say will be to placate the masses during a time of upheaval and panic, there will be little to no information of substance.

Ill pick through the reports and threads covering it and probably get a better idea of what was said than If I watched it.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Sookiechacha

Do you have the part before that where the reporter was being dismissive of the President, and tried to push the agenda of the reporters controllers? Or is going to be one of those arguments from you where you selectively choose parts of a statement to justify your point instead of looking at the whole comment?

The full press conference can be seen here:
Youtube

The issue in question is between 1:15 and 1:24. I'll ask that people make up their own minds as to if the President was correct in dressing down a reporter.

Yeah the reporter was an asshole.
He asked Trump if he thought he was misleading the people by putting a positive spin on the drug treatment.
Maybe Trump was putting a positive spin on it to give people a little hope, maybe it will work.
And then the asshole asks what do you say to the people that are scared.
Trump appears to be trying to be positive about this crisis to help the people that are scared.
It’s the same sh!t from the Leftists....2 scoops of ice cream, feeding the Japanese fish etc.

link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

it's just that in treatment of the Corona Virus it still needs testing. Or was that what you meant to say?

Did you see the part where Dr Fauci said that particular drug had a certain toxicity, and that it might not be safe for people with COVID 19 compromised immune systems, or it just might not even do anything at all to subdue the pulmonary symptoms?

It was not a true statement, made by President Trump, that the FDA had approved any of the 3 drugs in question for COVID 19.

link   
Another disgusting lying hit piece done by the usual subjects who hate our country so much, they would make up lies in order to slander the POTUS. I guess because their weak candidates fail so much and have ZERO shot at any winning, all they can do is reeee and flail around like petulant children. Its romper room antics, and it's sad to watch grown adults act like this.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Nope because anything they say will be to placate the masses during a time of upheaval and panic, there will be little to no information of substance.

That’s true.

I guess I just expected it to be more level headed and not turn into a shouting match at a time like this.

Given who we’re talking about I probably shouldn’t have expected that.

So maybe some of the blame rests on me for putting unrealistic expectations on Donald Trump.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

I guess because their weak candidates fail so much and have ZERO shot at any winning, all they can do is reeee and flail around like petulant children. Its romper room antics, and it's sad to watch grown adults act like this.

There isn’t a candidate or political party in this country I wouldn’t ship off to a desert island the first chance I had.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
No kidding.
And just when I was actually feeling a bit relieved because it seemed like he was starting to take this whole thing seriously....
Standard Trumpelthinskin.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Jesus Christ.

R.I.P. America.

Everyone did

The OP is a blatant lie

Pathetic

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Why does Trump even entertain these clowns and their questions? They have not reported honestly nor positively since trump announced his candidacy years ago. He would do better just bring it directly to the American people.

a negative message that the reporter was trying to steer and spin could cost lives and further losses to our retirements.
edit on 20-3-2020 by tinktinktink because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join