It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Is the Time to Get Innovative

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Dear friends and co-conspirators,

I'm pretty sure we're all going through some crazy, life-altering, and unexpected changes about now. First of all, I really wanted to extend my love and that I hope you take some time to take care of yourself, forgive yourself if you're acting a bit out of the ordinary, and think about all of the good that is still in your life. If you have parents, friends, or kids you love (even if they are remote) please take some time to give them some individual love and attention. If things continue to get crazier, chances are we will all have more time on our hands and I think we can either make the best or the worst of it.

Time with community, and innovative ways to survive/make money might be the way to go right now! Can you start your own delivery service, bringing goods to the elderly in a nearby independent living facility? Do you bake bread/make soup/garden and think that you could offer these services to your neighbors? What other innovative alternatives to our 9 to 5 can you think of?

I'm sure that if we put all of our minds together we could come up with a bunch of good ideas. Any thoughts, friends?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
What other innovative alternatives to our 9 to 5 can you think of?

I still have all my cooking skills intact from a decade plus as a chef, for example I can breakdown a side of beef or an unconscious person in no time flat.

I am available at a reasonable rate and bring my own tools and cleaning supplies. PM me for more details.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Awesome, you're on for comic relief. Even nervous laughter is better than none!

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I wasn't joking *sob*

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

LOL! (nervously)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

That makes me miss flying.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

A sad day when a skit on a neurotic seatmate makes one nostalgic to fly.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
A sad day when a skit on a neurotic seatmate makes one nostalgic to fly.

I have flown in a whole week, I'm getting withdrawals.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I haven't had a chance for any withdrawls from life as I knew it yet... I'm trying to create an online writing course for my students in a matter of days, and have been very absorbed in that task. Give me another week and maybe I'll be right there with you.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Awesome thread!!!

I just started thinking along these lines this morning I'm ashamed to say... good for you for being on top of it.

And I'll add what inspired me to think of it, which is this thread posted this morning: Hospital asks public to sew CDC-compliant face masks for staff

The basic laws of supply and demand apply more than ever today. Find a demand that you can supply -- hopefully with love in your heart and a smile on your face to replace any fear and dread.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Hi Boadicea!

Thank you for posting this really excellent information. Exactly the kind of stuff I know ATS could deliver, well done!

I hope you and your loved ones are doing well.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

A man of many talents...

Why doesn't that surprise me???

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I agree

Ive personally sent out emails about the technology I used to work on, because I think it can make a huge difference.

Will anyone listen? Probably not, and thats more pragmatism than cynicism. The internet gives everyone a voice, but drowns out many in doing so.

ETA: I figure Im going to make a post about it here, later. So, despite my cyni.. I mean, pragmatism.. still truckin
edit on 20-3-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
A man of many talents...

Why doesn't that surprise me???

I'm a true sociopathic renaissance man.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Truly, the overload of everything the internet offers is both a blessing and a curse.

Hope your emails reach some curious minds!

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I certainly hope so..

I think another hurdle is that many expect everyone to have all the answers, and if we dont (we never do..), then the answers that ARE there get discarded.

Its a strange social dynamic. But, I do think an immense amount of "good" could still come from all this.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

I certainly hope so..

I think another hurdle is that many expect everyone to have all the answers, and if we dont (we never do..), then the answers that ARE there get discarded.

Its a strange social dynamic. But, I do think an immense amount of "good" could still come from all this.

Interesting point about our approach to problems. I think you're right that a lot of decent solutions get thrown aside in the search for some comprehensive, non-existent answer.

And you know I really agree with you (and with your choice to put "good" in quotations) that there could be a tremendous shift in the way we operate and how we treat each other if we approach these changes with consciousness, compassion, and good intent, work together and not hoarde knowledge ability and goods (and tp).

Thanks for the thoughtful responses

edit on 20-3-2020 by zosimov because: to add the tp

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

We're doing pretty darn good under the circumstances. No complaints here. I hope you and yours are doing well too.

My husband and I were talking last night, and noting that in many ways, because we know how much worse of a situation we could be in, we can feel some gratitude and peace. And we've been blessed to help a few others in small ways for us, but big ways for them. That's pretty cool. People have also been happy to promise to pay it forward instead of back, and that's even cooler.

Small mustard seeds planted... right?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Not really sure where to post it, thinking about it..

Science and Technology?
Social Issues?
Current Events?

What do you all think?

Its pretty long. 16k characters..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join