It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo Now States "100% Of Workforce Must Stay Home."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This comes the day after Cuomo criticized Mayor DeBlasio for spreading fear.

News Health Care Cuomo Slams De Blasio’s ‘Shelter-In-Place’ Speculation: ‘That Came From Nuclear War’

De Blasio had told New Yorkers earlier this week to prepare for a possible shelter in place order within 48 hours, and lamented the economic damage the pandemic could cause.

“In terms of the economic dislocation, I think it’s fair to say we are going to quickly surpass anything we saw in the Great Recession and the only measure or the only comparison will be the Great Depression,” de Blasio said.

www.nationalreview.com...

So today, Gov. Cuomo has stated that ALL non-essential workers need to stay home and he's urging people to stay indoors as much as possible.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Friday the state is on pause and that "100 percent of the workforce must stay home."

"New York State is on pause," Cuomo said. "First rule: Only essential businesses will be functioning. Second rule: Stay indoors."

Earlier Friday, Cuomo ordered all barbershops, hair salons, nail salons, tattoo or piercing parlors and related personal care services to close amid the coronavirus outbreak. The businesses will have to close starting at 8 p.m. Saturday, the governor’s office said.

Non-essential workers and businesses are exempt - including grocery stores and food delivery services.

1010wins.radio.com...

This will just add to the fear and uncertainty that people will bear, concerned on how they will pay their bills and wondering if they'll have a job to return to. Most of these small businesses will probably go under. Just like Tucker Carlson stated on Monday, "Economic decline is dangerous for everyone, especially at the bottom of the economy."

edit on 3/20/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Yeah I just listened to his whole briefing and he is not spreading fear.
He is trying to prevent unnecessary deaths. Wow

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Pennsylvania pretty much already did this. California too. Probably others I'm not aware of.

Personally this is preventing me from closing on a house, but meh, I can live with that. There are people suffering much more serious consequences than I am.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
All U.S. borders were just shut down as well.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yeah, but lets not talk about the number of people who will permanently lose their jobs and the small businesses who will go belly up.

All this because of a virus whose death rate changes daily, depending on who you listen too.

For all we know, this virus may be the same, or slightly worse than the common flu. WOW.

edit on 3/20/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Yea, he seemed reasonable as far as I am concerned. I didn't see any fear being pushed, just some common sense.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Whoever fears this action is ignorant. The measure purpose is save lifes. People should feel protected instead.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Yea, he seemed reasonable as far as I am concerned. I didn't see any fear being pushed, just some common sense.

It's amazing seeing the difference between executives, like the President and the Governors, and members of Congress. Congress is still playing politics. The President and Governors, Democrats and Republicans, are just doing what they have to do and working together.

Leadership vs petulance.
edit on 20 3 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I actually have gained a great deal of respect for how the NY Gov is giving out info.

I think he should have allowed localities to shut themselves down sooner, and not make it a chain of command pecker measuring competition...

...but he's seemed to genuinely have the health of his people as his first priority.

I kinda like the guy.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouAreLiedTo
I actually have gained a great deal of respect for how the NY Gov is giving out info.

I think he should have allowed localities to shut themselves down sooner, and not make it a chain of command pecker measuring competition...

...but he's seemed to genuinely have the health of his people as his first priority.

I kinda like the guy.

I have to agree. I still have my differences with him, but he has handled this well.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
But what about the dreamers!! My God the children!!a reply to: underwerks

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I kinda like the guy.

he's setting up for that 2024 election lol surprised he didn't run this time, well if there is a 2024. I really can't stand him (I'm in nyc) and some of the stuff he's passed, but he's been handling this better than all other governors imo.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22

I heard the fever from the virus give you some pretty vivid dreams so, ,

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I am hoping my state Governor does the same today.
It needs to happen.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is why liberal governors, in particular, were demanding more tests. More tests make the number of cases higher, which enables them to execute their plan to damage the U.S. economy.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Congratulations. Many happy years of mortgage payments to you!
Hopefully you won't be delayed too long.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dainfamusgc

I kinda like the guy.

he's setting up for that 2024 election lol surprised he didn't run this time, well if there is a 2024. I really can't stand him (I'm in nyc) and some of the stuff he's passed, but he's been handling this better than all other governors imo.

I said i liked the guy... I didn't say i wanted a connected goon in office, lol.

NY and Cali have done really well, for the size of the states they are trying to control.

Cali really is way too large to govern under blanket policy in times like this... Almost needs to be split into two zones during a pandemic... one North and one South [yeehaw! (joking, don't even start lol)].

It's become apparent that an emergency in Sac/SF might not be connected to LA/SD and might need separate guidelines based on timing and it really limits the statewide policies the governor can enact without affecting everyone...

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22

What about them? What does the borders being shut down due to a pandemic have to do with people who were born here?

Or anything in this thread, for that matter?

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I know it's terrible and some businesses will not survive this but people are more important than businesses and these measures will save more lives than businesses will be lost.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
if anyone ever meets his kid, make sure to call him fredo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join