It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make your own Sanitizer with Everclear

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
If you can't find sanitizer anywhere I have a solution. Just go to the liquor store and buy some Everclear. It is 90% alcohol. The minimum alcohol to kill viruses is 70%. I just can't believe people actually drink the stuff. Just a sniff of that made me want to puke. Anyway get it before it catches on. I got it 5 days a go and there were plenty in stock but I am sure it will soon be gone.

Good luck and spray everything!

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

It would be nice, but unfortunately in some states Everclear is illegal. Too many tide pod eaters were over indulging and committing suicide so therefore no one is allowed to buy it.

Darwin wins yet again.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
You also can make your own out of many common ingredients. Your local laws may be different. But in a apocalypse who cares!

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
You also can make your own out of many common ingredients. Your local laws may be different. But in a apocalypse who cares!
Yep, some of us own two copper stills! woot

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
1/3 cup bleach to a gallon of water does well too. And its a lot cheaper

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
yeah but less fun to nip on between sanitizing

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Soap and hot water are apparently far more effective than hand sanitizer where killing the Covid 19 virus is concerned.

Cheers for the hack all the same.
edit on 20-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

originally posted by: caterpillage
yeah but less fun to nip on between sanitizing

True, bleach makes disgusting quarantinis.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I’d rather stay in doors and not talk to anyone than use up my alcohol stock.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

neither std soap - nor water at a temp its safe to have skin contact will kill N19COVID pathogens

but a proper hand wash regieme with soap and water will flush all pathogends down the drain

a subtle difference
- you cannot clean a kitchen top with soap // water - you just push the pathogens about

but in a basin you can suilce off your hands and get everything off with the saop

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

California only has 120 proof 60% alcohol Everclear.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
A bottle of Everclear (illegal in Ohio btw) is only part of the recipe. You need Aloe Vera Gel to get hand sanitizer (2 parts alcohol 1 part Aloe Vera gel).

But the best recipe for Everclear is 1 part Everclear, 4 parts Mt Dew, dry ice and green glow sticks for ambience in a large tub. We called it Swamp Gas because you WILL start seeing things when you’ve had enough.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Make your own cough medicine with Ole Smoky Mango Habanero whiskey....it'll burn the 'rona out!

Maybe not, but it really is the best thing for burning out a cough (temporarily). I couldn't find it last time it went by the store. Got "salty watermelon"- it doesn't work at all. At least, not for coughs.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Liquid pool chlorine (10 -12%) is stronger than household bleach (3-5%) and is available at the local pool store.

If you don’t like chlorine then get Baquacil pool sanitizer, it was originally made for surgical disinfectant.

Dilute it, it’s all strong stuff.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

In general, both handwashing with soap and water and hand sanitizer, when practiced/used correctly, are highly effective at killing most germs and pathogens.

Hand sanitizer is often more convenient when you are outside of the home, but can be expensive or difficult to find in emergency contexts.

Also, alcohol-based hand sanitizer kills the coronavirus, but it does not kill all kinds of bacteria and viruses. For example, it is relatively ineffective against the norovirus and rotavirus.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Aye, be careful with the chlorine people considering the fact is that it's poisonous, flammable and corrosive.

The ER will be under enough pressure.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alchemst7

California only has 120 proof 60% alcohol Everclear.

That wouldn’t even get the party started here in Tennessee.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Mix with juice and drink it will kill all germs and eat a hole in your stomach lining.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Looking into this shortage of hand sanitizer it seems like one vodka maker is putting together a kit. It appears that vodka starts out 190 proof and they have to cut it for human consumption in the West where I imagine in Russia they don't cut it that much. But anyhoo heres what's in the kits, "The $20 kit includes a 750 milliliter bottle of 190-proof alcohol and a bottle that has a mixture of glycerin, hydrogen peroxide and water".
www.freerepublic.com...
edit on 20-3-2020 by JON666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

As noted above, many states do not sell it and some have this abomination Everclear that is only 151 proof.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join