It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genuinely Perplexed, Why no travel bans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Sorry, hit the wrong button.
Here is my question: there is a website, infection2020.com where you can see the diseased zones where the virus is doing "community spread", meaning its out in general populatlion.

infection2020.com...

When I ask why no travel bans, I mean, for example, why would they let someone from San Fransisco drive to Phoenix AZ? Why no road blocks; why let this disease be transported around the country from infected zones to unaffected zones? As I see it, they have taken measures designed to do the utmost damage to the economy while not taking steps that would actually confine the spread to other areas of the US.

That is troubling in the extreme. Oh I am sure some armchair constitutionalists will say it cant be done because of the Constitution; but we all know that with the War Powers acts that ship sailed years ago.

Really weird
edit on 20-3-2020 by TonyS because: Fix

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I know you have a problem with your thread but going by your headline, no travel bans for who?
Last I saw, most countries have closed their borders and the airlines were tanking from no business.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
That message doesn't go away when I click on it like it normally does.

I don't know why the OP thinks there are no travel bans, there are tons of them all over the world.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Um, I think you are not exactly correct.

I don't know why the mods let this continue with a blank OP.

Anyway, my daughter has a foreign exchange student.

She got a message from the state department that her student may have to remain in the US longer because of travel bans, they may not have a way to get her home for awhile.

edit on 3/20/20 by The2Billies because: grammar

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66
He's referring to the Obama-Biden H1N1 Virus crisis. No travel bans, even after 1,000 American deaths.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

No, I am referring to the present crises. I fixed the OP. Hit the wrong button.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

I am talking about banning travel within the US between affected areas and unaffected areas.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I think there's a constitutional right in America that states people can travel freely. I would imagine some people might riot if they worded it that way, especially places where there was no evidence of the virus yet.

In California, I think they're all quarantined.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
they have discussed it, I remember reading about trump considering shutting down the interstate system except for essential travel.

But the ACLU and assorted other groups would sue at the drop of a hat even if it means the virus can spread further.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

nationalinterest.org...

Seems to be more a public policy problem than a constitutional problem with inter-US travel ban.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

When I ask why no travel bans, I mean, for example, why would they let someone from San Fransisco drive to Phoenix AZ? Why no road blocks; why let this disease be transported around the country from infected zones to unaffected zones?

It's called freedom of choice.

Don't let the government take that from you.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Right. Just let the diseased and those exposed to the disease travel freely about the country to expose everyone else.

Brilliant.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: RazorV66
He's referring to the Obama-Biden H1N1 Virus crisis. No travel bans, even after 1,000 American deaths.

I'm glad they didn't try to take my freedom of movement away.

Would you have rather that they did? If that's what you want you can always move to cali. Ops to late they wont let you in. No worries I'm sure florida or your state is next.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Give a week or two. At the rate its building i expect a general forced quarantine is on the way.
Id imagine you'll be able to go to pharmacy, grocery store, or to work if needed, but that'll be about it.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Right. Just let the diseased and those exposed to the disease travel freely about the country to expose everyone else.

Brilliant.

I'm 40 years old my mother is 64 and we would both risk death so that everyone could stay free.

Giving the government power to lock us all up in our own homes. Brilliant.

top topics

join