It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paintings to make you smile

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

I'm actually not sure about the varnishes, I never got that far into it myself. I don't think I ever actually finished a real painting.

But I'm sure that there are matte varnishes. Matte makes it better for photographing and some would argue that matte is best for viewing art in person- less glare/less glossiness means you can see everything all at once without any glare taking away from the piece. I agree with that sentiment- even though I like shiny things.

I also learned that light is the enemy, in light all dye/paint/colors pale over time. That means your paintings will lose color and fade in time. Some paints promise to keep colors truer for longer. And maybe the garnishes promise to help lock color in as well, keep it from fading so quickly, and maybe if you really want to preserve a painting you'll have to garnish it over and over again due to the garnish top coat wearing away over time- but idk we're talking decades, maybe centuries.

But don't quote me on that!

I'm just guessing at this point, really I don't know very much- I only ever took 1 painting based course, and it was Color Theory. Which I clearly enjoyed.

Mixing all colors made me feel like I was at Hogwarts mixing potions. It was cool.

You're a wizard, Harry!

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 07:09 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

<< 1   >>

join