It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demand help for truckers delivering supplies, they are having trouble getting food on the road

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

People may come to understand how important truckers, healthcare workers, certain manufacturers and farmers are all the time.... now that we really need them.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

There's a definite shifting of attitudes, but I don't expect it to last.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Zaphod58

People may come to understand how important truckers, healthcare workers, certain manufacturers and farmers are all the time.... now that we really need them.

AND teachers!

Maybe a little homeschooling will stop parents from screaming at teachers for "not understanding" their "little darling" when the little darling gets in trouble. YES this happens, way too much!

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

A lot of these truck stops you see on the freeways are charging trucks to park forcing them to move on. Pissing off a lot of truckers. If you look up some Facebook trucker groups you can see a lot of frustration. Companies are making them mad too, treating like dirt, last thing we need is a trucker backlash protest.
edit on 20-3-2020 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm an over-the-road truck driver and I have had no problems getting food... I haven't been to any truck stop that was shut down yet.

I did some shopping at the local grocery store before I left. Yeah the restaurants aren't allowing people to sit down inside but they have still been putting up orders to go.

most over-the-road trucks have a refrigerator and a lot of them have microwaves as well... there's really no excuse for a truck driver not to have food.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

Most drivers I know, and companies I've worked for didn't have either. The driver could buy a 12 volt cooler that pretends to be a refrigerator, but they can't hold much and aren't good for anything beyond lunch meat and snack stuff you want to cool.

We come off the road when we need to visit the shop, or have something that has to be done in person. That means every 3-4 month's or so. Lately it hasn't been that bad, because we moved to a set run, and there's at least one Walmart that has actual truck parking. Running 48 was a pain in the ass to find one we could park at, depending on where we were. We've run out of actual meal food many times. We always make sure to keep a ready supply of snack stuff, just in case.

We haven't had any trouble getting food, but I've talked to a few drivers that have. Up north on the turnpikes finding food, especially late at night was a pain. Unless you wanted to pay more to exit and get back on.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Don't always take truck drivers at their word. Yes, they have reserved parking you can buy, but in all but a few cases it's about 1/3rd of the lot at most. There are also truck stops that you have to pay to park in, but you can use receipts from the store and food places to cover the parking charge. I was at one like that the other night. It was $25 after the first 2 hours, which were free. But, spend $20 inside either on merchandise or food, buy 60 gallons of fuel, or get shop work done, and it's free.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: 38181

Don't always take truck drivers at their word. Yes, they have reserved parking you can buy, but in all but a few cases it's about 1/3rd of the lot at most. There are also truck stops that you have to pay to park in, but you can use receipts from the store and food places to cover the parking charge. I was at one like that the other night. It was $25 after the first 2 hours, which were free. But, spend $20 inside either on merchandise or food, buy 60 gallons of fuel, or get shop work done, and it's free.
. If I had to take a guess you were in willington Connecticut.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
I reside in Lebanon PA and most of my neighbors and coworkers despise wolf I think he’s an ass hole too. The city I live in is really strange atm

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Haven't been there in years. We stay down south now. Ontario, CA.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Haven't been there in years. We stay down south now. Ontario, CA.

Okay..... Lots of smooth road and open highway there.... got to love that. Only been to Ontario a couple of times... really big TA's

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman
That's pretty funny I'm just due north of you 5 or 10 miles on 78

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

They turned one into a Petro. We don't normally go that deep onto California, but our normal load got hit pretty hard and has been canceling pretty much every day. So we're running our normal load back to them from the east coast, then into the Fontana area to get a load back out.
edit on 3/20/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
okay...yeah I'm sure you don't like being in that 55 mile an hour area anymore than you have to be...
you really get an appreciation for the scale of agriculture out there when you ride around it a little bit. well I wish you luck with your run hopefully you don't get stuck out any place. a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

You too. Stay safe.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

The number of trucks out every night on the interstates after 8 p.m. this week is staggering.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
a reply to: jjkenobi

Did you read the linked article?

Nearly every single drive thru refuses walk up's for insurance and safety reasons.

Call all your local restaurants with drive thru's and ask if they allow walk up's. They will all say no or not before the virus.

Some cities actually don't allow it by law.

Most don't allow it for insurance reasons, they don't want to be liable for people running over walk thru's.

Following the closure of dine-in services at many fast-food restaurants amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the Palmdale Sheriff’s Station in California issued a plea on Facebook asking anyone who can to assist truck drivers who are unable to purchase food at a drive-thru due to the size of their vehicles.

Most places do not allow walk ups in the drive thru. Therefore, these truck drivers have no other way of getting a meal. These drivers are the ones driving across the state/country to make sure your stores are stock, and the restaurants have food. The least we can do is buy them a meal to show our appreciation!

www.fox5atlanta.com...

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC) - Truck drivers are having a difficult time after orders passed down from state and county health departments are making it harder for them to get meals and other necessities.
Hard because you can’t drive a truck in a drive-thru and most restaurants now won’t allow people to walk up to get food. Jim Smith drove an 18-wheeler for over 20 years and has a suggestion.

www.wbrc.com...

Not in these parts. Walk ups are quite common here in the Midwest on a major truck route. If they're illegal nobody cares, but I doubt it is.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Ok. There are no problems anywhere in the US and there are no people who need assistance bringing supplies to stores, etc. I get it, you appear to be an "it's all overblown" person. If it's not a problem where I live, the problem doesn't exist. If it doesn't affect me, it doesn't exist and I'll challenge anyone who says it does.

There are no overworked truckers who are having trouble getting food on the road, if people in your town walk up to drive in's all the time, doesn't matter if some towns/municipalities forbid it by law. It's all a pack of lies from the evil conservatives to scare us all into submission, I have heard that over and over on ATS.

It is exactly like the spring breakers who say "it doesn't matter, it's no big deal", they are just trying to stop us from having fun, who bring the disease home because they have it so mild they don't know they have it - get Mom and Dad really sick from the virus, and kill grandma.

I know some people just have to be negative about anything that might help humanity, I get that and a deep need to challenge anything that might help people, if it in any way appears to be even slightly a conservative thought or idea. It is all too common today. Politics before humanity, politics before helping ones fellow human beings. If I can't see it in my personal life, it doesn't exist.

I could be wrong but those are the vibes I am getting from your writings. I apologize if I am wrong and you can correct me.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Aww too bad. Just get the self driving trucks. You know the ones that run over granny and crash on the side of the road spilling food all over so out-of-work truck drivers can scavenge for food.

This entire corona event is a sham. The Enemy Media is wagging the big dog.

It is designed to upset people and take away the people's freedoms and liberties.

And the last part is.... WAKE UP!

Had to add that in there. Dontcha know.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9

Aww too bad. Just get the self driving trucks. You know the ones that run over granny and crash on the side of the road spilling food all over so out-of-work truck drivers can scavenge for food.

This entire corona event is a sham. The Enemy Media is wagging the big dog.

It is designed to upset people and take away the people's freedoms and liberties.

And the last part is.... WAKE UP!

Had to add that in there. Dontcha know.

You guys having fun? It's ok to sound like....

Hope no one you love dies to give you a wake up call.

Peace out.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join