It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California issues statewide stay-at-home order

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I don't know. I think it depends largely on how much they get in the way of recovery. If they slap down new regs and don't let people get back to business, then it will take way, way longer than it should or has any right to.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Here in LA county in Lancaster my sisters neighbor who is a cop just warned them looting is starting nearby and to be ready to protect themselves or come back here to our smaller town. She's selling her house there so they are staying there till it's sold, instead of home.

They are hitting shops and a sizzler for f***s sake. Use a scanner app and listen to Los Angeles county Sheriff Dispatch 15 CHP Tan/Blue. I heard some stuff at a Walmart in Santa Clarita too. I haven't seen anything on the news yet, just the scanner and what sister was told.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

That was a nice thing of you to do. I think I would have done the same

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

A couple days ago, Monday or Tuesday, I was in the Walmart of a town of barely 10,000 people. The sacks of dried bean, peas, rice, lentils, etc were as wiped out as the TP isle. And I laughed because I know the brain dead have no clue as to how to cook them. They will open the plastic bad, scoop a cup or two out, add water and boil for 30 minutes like they opened a can of beans.

Gonna be some hungry folks that thought they tried to chew on rocks soon. Serves them right hoarding everything in sight.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Lilroanie

I have 4 x 8 sheets of plywood to go over the down stairs windows, and a solid hard wood front door, and double aught buck

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Then they'll be out trying to sell what they have somehow.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Gonna be some hungry folks that thought they tried to chew on rocks soon. Serves them right hoarding everything in sight.

They'll google it, and have meals.

Be worried about those that are hungry and don't have the beans at all.

edit on 19-3-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Not a bad plan, they are thinking about just coming home (Me, Mom, sis, bro in law and 5 kids all live together). Will update as I hear anything.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Man they're trying to pressure Missouri's governor into being like Kansas's governor.

Parsons has so far taken a more hands-off approach issuing guidelines rather than edicts and leaving decisions up to school districts and business owners or localities, and the press is doing their best to rag on him for that.
edit on 19-3-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Sacramento Reporting in. I cleared out my cabinet at work today, just Incase i couldn’t get back tomorrow, I’m glad I did.
I have to go to the store tomorrow to get eggs. I tried this morning but no luck.

I’ll post about any high weirdness. So far, so good.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Wait till the internets go down
hair raising possibility
edit on 19-3-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: Lilroanie

I have 4 x 8 sheets of plywood to go over the down stairs windows, and a solid hard wood front door, and double aught buck

Yep got out my match grade ammo and tomorrow will be gun cleaning and function time

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DietWoke

I don’t have lots of beans....got squirrels around though, so...

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: all2human

A request has been made to Netflix to drop the 4K streams to keep from having local brownouts on the internet bandwidth due to so many being home all day.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

At least their dried beans will be done boiling long before my boots

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If they issue a stay at home order here, the wife and I will get pretty fat, nothing to do but cook. Now the young, there will be lots of newborns next winter, since most can't cook worth a crap. I suppose by the end of two months, they might actually know how to cook.....well, technically tossing a frozen pizza in the oven is cooking. The big run at the stores now is Frozen pizza, the toilet paper rush seems to have subsided. Oh, and potatoes, I guess people figured out that potatoes are easy to cook.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Maybe we can work out a trade Ive got 200 pounds of black beans LOL No Its not a horde rather part of my earthquake prep kit

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   
IIRC that is in the EU.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Chippies just came out here, they are running all over the five foot snowbanks.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I work at a Target in SoCal, about 20 minutes after the initial announcement we got a wave of people coming in. So much for stay in place and social distance, we were nearing closing time too. Several people were coughing, whole families were in there grabbing stuff. There wasn't much left on the shelves from earlier today anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join