It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California issues statewide stay-at-home order

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Good to see you posting, btw, the last time I saw you, you were telling us you had to stay home because of a cold and then dropped off.

I was a bit worried there.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Mandated lock-down's require enforcement
The scale of this can only mean military will be patrolling the streets and check points

edit on 19-3-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Spent most of my time working remotely.

Hell, I went back to work today and worked LESS than when when I was home sick!

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Look at us. Just effing look at us! We've become a nation of bitches in a world of weak-ass eunuchs. We didnt deserve freedom or liberty because we're pissing it away over literal Chinese whispers and boogeymen.

Indeed. I've been telling people for weeks what's happening, what's coming. Too many people are convinced they'll be back to work in 2 weeks and kids will be in school and the magic wand will set everything back to normal.

Not with a bang, but the most anemic whimper ever..

Edit to add: There are some ready to make a stand though..I've talked with a few that are ready to bug out.

edit on 19-3-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Spent most of my time working remotely.

Hell, I went back to work today and worked LESS than when when I was home sick!

I can relate on working more remotely. I was only scheduled to be in one day this week, but they put us all on work from home, and my proof-side boss then said, "Log in and work whenever!" So I've put in hours every day this week and will tomorrow since I was supposed to.

But I'm also acutely aware of how fortunate both of us, husband and I are, that we *can* be working from home at this time.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DietWoke

If some of these treatment prove to be promising and effective, we may be back sooner than you think.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hang on to your asses, the rest of the country is next.
edit on 19-3-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

It kills me to imagine the millions out of work right now.

link   
Where will all the homeless go? Are they going to park it on the sidewalk tents for now? Streets will be full of poop for sure.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If some of these treatment prove to be promising and effective, we may be back sooner than you think.

I admire your optimism ketsuko.

I do not think gov will ever relinquish this grip. They absolutely, positively know they own us now. What are we going back to exactly?

edit on 19-3-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

pizza delivery is hiring

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

They rule by consent, and if things don't spiral to keep people in, they aren't going to stay there forever.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Locutis1704
Where will all the homeless go? Are they going to park it on the sidewalk tents for now? Streets will be full of poop for sure.

This is the real question that needs public addressing.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Sister lost her job to this, so yeah, I'm not insensitive to it.

We do what we can to keep supporting the small business owners we feel connected to as long as they let us. They just can't keep this going for long though or people will rebel.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

They rule by consent, and if things don't spiral to keep people in, they aren't going to stay there forever.

Glad I bought guns, finally.

I’m not as optimistic as you. Wish I was.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I look at this way - we're learning who the real authoritarians are.

I think it's appropriate to consider shuttering some things for up to three weeks or about 28 days. That's roughly two average incubation cycles. At that point, you'll have a rough idea where things stand in your area. Hopefully most of your cases are out in the open and you'll know if things are rapidly escalating or not and you need to continue.

Some people in this country are acting like they need to just clamp everything down forever, and other are taking the wait and see and adapt as we go approach.

I think latter approach is the proper one. Start with a couple weeks and see ... then go from there.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie2018
Well I stopped by one of my favorite bars the Lowry Parkade. It was open, but we're not serving alcohol for consumption. And their games were off. The guy running the joint was on the phone and I was in a hurry anyways. I will go back Saturday and ask him if I can pay him to turn on the pinball machine. I gotta get my pinball on. Love me some pinball.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

So...with California on full lockdown and no longer working. That would mean that the Port of LA is now shutdown and the rail yards that transport the majority of imported goods to the rest of the US is also shutdown.

That the old “Just In Time” inventory system means that goods missing from shelves will continue to remain missing...

Cali didn’t shut down...Cali shut down the rest of the country.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

port and rail is critical infrastructure
they wont shut that down
The free movement of people though may run into a few obstacles
edit on 19-3-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join