It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building Brian May's Red Special During Covid19

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I'm a guitar builder in north texas who just received both, a contract to build Brian May's Red Special and remote access to work from home. I'll be posting updates on YouTube .

I knew Brian and his dad developed and built this guitar, but after researching, realized how different it is from anything I've built previously.

Authentic replicas dont exist, luckily there's a guy in New Jersey who builds the tremolo, bridge and pickguard.

The original used Sandwiched blockboard to create a semihollow body with a mahogany veneer. I'm gonna build the body out of mahogany with a mahogany cap like telecaster semi hollows.

Here's a link to the first part of the build on my YouTube channel. You can also search for Meekguitars on Facebook and Instagram or checkout www.meekguitars.com

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kent04

Sneak/hide a tiny ATS logo somewhere on there for us eh?

Rock on and can't wait to see your picks.

I never knew his guitar was called the "Red Special". I love learning. Thanks.

Watching clip now.
edit on 19/3/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I read up on that guitar many many years ago. It was so interesting I decided to build my own and ended up with four usable electrics - three guitars and one bass, all with my own body design. It was a fun experiment.

edit on 19-3-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Ha! Every build has blood and sweat in it, built a semi hollow telecaster a few years ago with dice in the back and playing cards under the f hole

Will definitely be putting something in the covered chamber, just dont know what yet

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Isnt the evolution of an idea great

top topics

join