It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey, ATS, Let's Play -- Rimworld

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yep, I have those. My first Deep One attacked tonight. I was going to skin it, but then I got into a fight with a dragon and the corpse wound up burned.

Some advice ... strange meat is not a good idea unless you like insanity. Strange kibble is not a good idea either unless you like your animals going berserk or on drug binges thanks to insanity. It does create some funny situations though. I once ended up with a ferret that would regularly trip on shrooms, and another time I had an angora rabbit that got into the strange meat and ended up re-enacting that famous scene from Monty Python.

The leather on the other hand ... can be quite useful.

edit on 28-3-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I was storing my drugs in the storage area for orbital trading to offload it. A baby alpaca wandered in and ate some (royal jelly maybe?) and got addicted.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Enter the Fuzz Farmers -- Here There Be Monsters

The group was rapidly settling in to their new home. They were all learning the rhythm of jungle life and altering their own ways to go along. Violet and Action, the muffalo, had each given birth to health young bulls calves Dave had named Speedbump and Muffaliath. In time, it was hoped one would go on to sire more calves in his turn.

The guinea pigs did what guinea pigs do -- they ate and made more.

Mando was enormously productive even if no one was exactly thankful for that.

And the bedrooms proceeded apace.

But something was wrong.

Dave was the group's main hunter and outdoorsman, and he had been spending plenty of time in the jungle itself watching the animals and learning their ways. He thought he knew roughly what the local ecosystem was, the balance of predator and prey, but the jungle was going silent. The small animals were disappearing. The predators were leaving.

And Dave didn't know why. It made him nervous. He couldn't find any evidence that the big predators were being killed off, and usually one predator only gives to a larger one, but where was it? What was it?

Deep in the night, the alarms were sounded as a strange and hideous monster attacked the walls. It walked on two legs but seemed more like an upright fish than man. Ma'am set her jaw, determined to help take it down, while Jupiter gasped, his face bleaching white. Tiny fingers of madness touched each of the four who helped dispatch the strange monster that night, and they left it lay where it fell. Each returned to their spots to dream dark and troubled dreams that night.

Dave secretly hoped that the strange beast was the source of the jungle's imbalance, but as time went on, he still saw no signs of things returning to normal. Finally, he tracked down Jupiter and convinced him to form an expedition into the jungle to find the problem before it found them. Jupiter needed some time away from constructing the new living spaces by the point and agreed to come along.

The two set out with their faithful muffalo, Violet and Action, and Dave road Vanessa, one of the group's braver alpacas. Dave thought he had a trail picked up, something freakishly large, so the pair followed it down alongside a stone ridge. Without warning, a massive beast came boiling out of the undergrowth! It was huge ... easily larger than anything either of them had ever seen: head, four claw-tipped limbs, long snaky tail, and two massive wings all in shades of the deepest amethyst.

The two men looked at each other ... was it? No ... but it had to be -- DRAGON!

Even as the shock was wearing off, they heard the pained bellowings of Violet from the trail behind them. The beast had a lean and hungry look. Clearly, it had hunted all the easy game out of this section of jungle, and Violet presented the first easy meat it had seen in some time. It was incredibly fast, but Dave and Jupiter directed their mounts to charge back the way they came, and they fired as soon as they got within range.

The battle was joined.

The beast was intent on its prey, but soon it switched its attention to the two men. A sweep of tail knocked Jupiter off Action who charged into the fray like the brave beast she was. Now both muffalo cows were in danger, and Dave and Jupiter knew they had to act fast.

"Keep it between us!" shouted Dave from Vanessa's back. "Don't let it focus on one of us"

For a while, that strategy seemed to be going well, but then the dragon opened its massive jaws and spat a gout of fire at Jupiter. Jupiter kept trying to evade, but the fire was everywhere.

"Just move when it spits it at you!" yelled out Dave.

Jupiter was going to yell something angry back, but he was too busy rolling to put out singing clothing. But then the dragon pulled its other trick. Lifting its tail, it shot out another gout of fire ... from its butt! This one fried Dave where he sat on Vanessa's back. She immediately tossed her rider and ran about trying to put out the flames on her woolly coat.

And the rest of the battle consisted of Jupiter and Dave alternating between rolling out flames and firing their guns and dodging angry dragon until the massive beast finally died. All the while, an inferno of dragon fire grew in the jungle around them.

It was amazing anyone emerged alive, but they did all walk out ...

... except for poor Violet.

The rest of them got their burns tended by Wanda. They would survive. Poor Dave took Violet's death particularly hard though and went into a funk. The only thing the others could do was give him space and hope he'd past his guilt over the loss of his favorite muffalo.

Despite burning in the conflagration, the body of the dragon survived, and Bluto went out once the flames had died away to salvage what was left. He hauled it back, and Wanda and Ma'am exclaimed over it's massive size and set right to work butchering it. It left a truly impressive pile of meat and a staggering roll of cured hide.

"I don't know what we're going to do with all of this!" Exclaimed Wanda with her hands on her hips. "Dragon meals, dragon kabobs, dragon meat pies, dragon steak ..."

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

What dragon mod are you using

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Dragon's Descent by Onyxae. I think it incorporates and expands on the original Dragon Mod 1.1.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Take care of those animals , at some point you end up with this :

Need insane amount of Hay though , got 30 k surplus should i get a encounter that wrecks my crops or that fallout one.

I am at a point in this playthrough where i can just buy every valuable recource from traders for joints or Packaged survival Meal.

The meals sell crazy good.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

I have a good start with guinea pigs, alpacas, and I'm working on preserving the muffalo I started with. I still have one cow and two young bulls. I also have Mando the slurrypede whose cranking out an astonishing number of meals. I like him better than the nutrient paste dispenser -- he converts bushes, weeds, and grass where you actually have to harvest palatable food into the nutrient paste dispenser hopper.

I also have a large enough area fenced/walled in and the jungle grows quickly enough that I don't have to worry about growing hay for them yet either. I do supplement them with kibble ... it seems guinea pigs don't like it all that much though.

The last game I ran I had cows, goats, chickens, alpacas and ferrets although I did trade up the ferrets for angora rabbits once I traded for those. I used horses and some kind of meadow lizard for my mounts. I took extra alpacas as pack animals when I went caravaning.

Right now, I'm still between having good populations of protein breeding, wool producing, and needing to find a good mount animal. Using the muffalo and the occasional alpaca is putting them at risk and I don't have that many yet.

edit on 30-3-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Enter the Fuzz Farmers -- Interlude

The jungle was quiet, peaceful. Having a dragon declare the place its territory seemed to have the salutary effect of creating a temporary safe space in the dark green world around them. It takes time for predators to move back in and discover the abandoned turf.

It was time the group made use of.

Jupiter and Bluto finished off the group's living space. Now everyone had their own bedroom. No more hard bamboo flooring; no more torchlight. Each member of the group had a decent sized bedroom tiled, with a bed, nightstand, dresser, and electric lighting! They even got a potted plant to brighten up the cave space.

Bluto and Wanda broke up, but it didn't take Bluto long to hook up with Ma'am. So the group converted the extra bedroom into a three bed hospital space complete with a shelf to hold their medical supplied, right there were Wanda could reach them quickly in emergencies.

They also added a library with a poker table and the beginnings of an entry and gathering space. Wanda was making her case to add a refrigerator to the wall to hold meals and turn the entry into a morning dining spot as well, but they hadn't done that one yet.

Jupiter added a jail cell ... you never know when another raiding party might come through.

And the group decided to start adding a guest hall. Company presents its own opportunities.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Guest hall? Can you get the people who wander in or come to trade to spend time there?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Guest hall? Can you get the people who wander in or come to trade to spend time there?

Yes.

It's the Hospitality mod.

The people who wander by in the regular game come to visit instead. Where you have the tab that lets you assign beds and designate them to medical and prison, you also have settings for guest beds and you can even charge fees for them. Since all I have right now is a dormitory with eight beds, I don't charge anything for the beds.

You get a work tab for entertain added, and it lets your social butterfies run around talking to the guests. Make enough friends with them, and you can recruit them if you choose. It does lower your faction rating. You can also gift them to improve faction rating and sometimes trade with them although they usually have limited items. If your hospitality rating is high enough, they'll leave gifts for you when they leave, usually food or things like that.

They wander around and can do random tasks to help out while they stay.

You can make and designate an area where they can shop for goods too. Anything you put in that space they can wander in a leave piles of silver for the items there. You cannot set prices for it, but if you have piles of something and are looking to get rid of it, it's a handy way to easily convert it to silver. I sold a ton of alpaca wool and lightleather garments, random nonperishable food items, and the occasional knife in my last game.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join