It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Intelligence Chairman caught warning donors about virus weeks before the public

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yea, but he got briefed by people who are qualified...

I don't think a B.A. in communications is health related or qualifies anyone.

You're missing the point. The thread is about him sharing information (whether you agree with it or not), that he obtained from briefings with donors before the public. If I remember the article correctly, he still hasn't said anything like that publicly. Now, maybe he's changed his position, I don't know, it would be speculation.

On top of that, I think what he was really trying to hit home was the economic impact... You don't have to be a doctor to realize that if everything shuts down there will be fallout.
edit on 20-3-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Kakamega

That’s all well and good. Many people knew it was going to be a problem.

It doesn’t change the fact that it’s a problem when a senator, other senior government officials, and government agencies are telling the public one thing while telling the people who gave them money something else entirely. That is the problem.

We must need a better for profit system

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Gothmog

Yea, but he got briefed by people who are qualified...

I don't think a B.A. in communications is health related or qualifies anyone.

You're missing the point. The thread is about him sharing information (whether you agree with it or not), that he obtained from briefings with donors before the public. If I remember the article correctly, he still hasn't said anything like that publicly. Now, maybe he's changed his position, I don't know, it would be speculation.

On top of that, I think what he was really trying to hit home was the economic impact... You don't have to be a doctor to realize that if everything shuts down there will be fallout.

Loyal servants don't question their masters.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Turns out it was actually four senators, three of whom are on the intelligence committee. The fourth is married to the chairman of the NYSE.

And they started selling in January, once they started getting briefings.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yep, just saw this.

One is *my* newly "appointed" Senator, Ms Kelly (Ann, lol) Loeffler.

# all these people.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JON666

This person should be tared and feathered and stripped of all monetary gains made off this inside information.

Isn't there a rule that Congressmen and Senators can forego
laws on insider trading, though? I'm sorry this took more than
two lines, but this foible of Senor Burr's might be only a small
visible sliver of the whole beam in our republic's eye. F&S!

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Correct me if i am wrong...but he is immune from insider trading...correct? There is really no legal recourse against him. The people who acted on his info should go to prison same as Martha Stewart however.

And then we need to make elected leaders culpable to the SEC as well.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

There’s the STOCK Act, but I think there’s enough loopholes in the law that nobody will do anything about it. As others have pointed out, the outbreak was public knowledge. At best it would depend on when they started getting briefings about it versus when it started becoming more widely known to the public what was going on.

I don’t think it’ll go anywhere, and certainly not any time soon if it does.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Correct me if i am wrong...but he is immune from insider trading...correct? There is really no legal recourse against him. The people who acted on his info should go to prison same as Martha Stewart however.

And then we need to make elected leaders culpable to the SEC as well.

How is he immune from the Stock Act, simply based on his position?

Serious question.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

It's right here for everyone to see, and many still won't.

Indeed. And this thread was indirectly aimed at some of our members who post daily about how this is all a hoax and/or a ginned up lie to bring down the President.

It’s perfectly obvious, that this is way bigger than the president.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Trump was just questioned about this. He said they were “honorable people”.

Ha, now he’s taking about fake news, right as he’s spewing it.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

“Instead,” Carlson said, “He dumped his shares in hotel stocks so he wouldn’t lose money.”

“There is no greater moral crime than betraying your country in a time of crisis,” he added.

Tucker, that is.
www.vox.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Can somebody answer these question? Was he obligated to keep this secret? Did he just get a worst-case scenario?

Did Trump get the same briefing? I assume he did

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   

According to financial disclosure forms, Sens. Kelly Loeffler (R-Ga.), James Inhofe (R-Okla.), Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Richard Burr (R-N.C.) each sold hundreds of thousands of dollars in stocks within days of the Senate holding a classified briefing on Jan. 24 with Trump administration officials on the threat of the coronavirus outbreak.

The sales raise questions about whether the senators violated the STOCK Act, a law that bans members of Congress from making financial trades based on nonpublic information.
More at: thehill.com...

The DOJ needs to investigate all four of them for criminality, just like it would if a board member conducted insider trading. Investigations by the Senate Ethics Committee always ends well for the Senator(s) investigated.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It doesn’t change the fact that it’s a problem when a senator, other senior government officials, and government agencies are telling the public one thing while telling the people who gave them money something else entirely.

While dumping $1.5 million in stocks. Good timing. Just lucky I guess.

Sounds very swampy

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Saw the other day congress gutted the stock act in 2013 NPR did a piece on it, so yea I dont expect anything to happen now.
====================
Also for those that will go partisan, Yes a republican pushed through the gutting of it without a vote and yet the democrats haven't fixed it in the 7 years since it was gutted.

As I have said MANY times, congress is the problem republican democrat doesn't matter if you are there longer than 2 terms you are part of the problem.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yep. I also think I read that Burr was one of a handful of senators who opposed the act at every turn. I’d have to dig up the article because I can’t remember much else from it that wasn’t covered in the ones I linked so it didn’t stand out much.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Are any of you 'merican's at all bothered that your pres. is an absolute lying piece of filth who has done all but stick his fingers in his ears screaming 'la la la i'm not listening ' when your p*ss weak press corp get off script & nearly ask him a question that exposes him for (a) saying something completely opposite to the reality or his present statement or (b) blame china all you want for "not telling us" (OMG that is a scream !) he twittered 24 Jan. -kissing china's ar*e & telling you all that they were working together & all would be cool- but yet still done nothing until when? first or second week of March
?

For such a staunch nation that don't take a backwards step to dramas & b/s man you seem to blindly believe it's raining while Don the Con stands above you directing the golden all over top of your heads.
serious question people !

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: fotsyfots

It’s really not a serious question, given the number of members on this site who rail against everything the President does and says.

Nor is it in any way remotely relevant to the subject of the thread.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Well WHO in January release to the public that the Corona was not Transmissible so they deserve some blame. However, Trump's statement by downplaying it doesn't change anything to would happen.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join