It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska Congressman Claims media is blowing Covid-19 out of proportion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Just thought I leave you with thisAlaska congressman on Covid-19
Let me know your opinion on Ron Paul’s video also
Ron Paul On Coronavirus being “hoax”

If this was an actual worldwide catastrophe, wouldn’t the worlds governments be working together? And trying to stop all the Disinformation and propaganda.... The longer this plays out; the less sense it all makes......

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

Something hit me today as I listened to questions from the media reporters today at the daily press briefing regarding this virus. I knew already that fake news is a real thing. But, what I noticed is the stupid questions by "journalists" is just so annoying. 2 out of 3 of every question asked by some whiney, nasally, rude, disrespectful 20-something was just plain stupid...no other way to put it.

edit on 19-3-2020 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Good old Don Young.

I love the guy. He represents this state well.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The media blew this out of proportion from the beginning and now the US House is joining in the effort to deliver more damage to America.

The US house is not coming back to vote on coronavirus aid packages passed by the Senate, who is in session as usual.

Instead, Nancy Pelosi and steny Hoyer are studying ways to vote remotely. They are in no hurry, my opinion, because Aid packages make the Trump Administration look even better.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Alaska Congressman Claims media is blowing Covid-19 out of proportion

Ya think???

My work place has stopped, until April 6th, all onsite vending sales of food and drink. By law, according to the State of Alabama, that'll save all our lives!!!!

The stupidity just keeps getting stronger.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

',whiney, NASALLY, rude...'

sounds just about right, for those who ascend in the media

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

We “elected” our governor here in Michigan; to FIX the roads...... that’s all it took....

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I’ve been saying it for a week. They present numbers as fact when they know they aren’t and could possibly be wildly inflated .

Nonstop 24/7 coverage and any good news is minimized .

I say most of the politicians are forced to jump on the bandwagon. If not they will be eviscerated in the media .

They’re lying to us and we don’t know why .,

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
I say most of the politicians are forced to jump on the bandwagon. If not they will be eviscerated in the media .

The beauty of Don Young... the media DESPISES him and have for years, but they've long ago given up their fight against him because none of it worked. Alaska has remained small enough that the so-called "silent majority" make all the difference in our elections. The media tells us every 2 years how horrible Don Young is, he's a bigot, he's backwards, he's foolishly old school, etc, etc, etc... we AK voters proudly show the haters our asses and our middle fingers and vote for Don because he's the best man for the job (not to mention the dude's chill AF).

Don doesn't care about the media any more than a bald eagle cares about a solitary ant... he doesn't need them to win his elections and, frankly, there's nothing at this point they can do against him to keep him from winning the next one.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
They said today during the fema meeting not to report anything to the media. Literally governors from all states are now closing the media out of the loop and the White House is streaming their briefings because the media has gotten so bad.

Go look what's trending currently. It's all low-life Trump bashing.

I have a hunch the media is about to find themselves in serious # once this over. This has pretty much turned all state governments against the media, and every governor is now seeing how dangerous they've truly become. It's fascinating.
edit on fThursdayAmerica/Chicago3004699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Good things can happen when you have good people behind you .

As for labels they come with the job unless you’re a Democrat . I view them as a badge of honor for anybody that has them . They mean you’re a threat to the left .

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Rep. Don Young won't be in office much longer.

Time for him to go.

This just shows it.

My uncle who has been an Alaskan since the 60's just died in Seattle over something that is being "blown out of proportion" The beer virus got him.

Bad advice from Don Young,
don't listen to him.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

I am sorry for your loss, truly I am. But, I look at what these people have to “gain” by saying it’s blown out of proportion......... which is?
edit on 19-3-2020 by SeektoUnderstand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
For what it's worth, this happened on February 27, the same day Trump held a press conference and said the virus will likely disappear.

Intelligence Chairman Raised Virus Alarms Weeks Ago, Secret Recording Shows

The chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee warned a small group of well-connected constituents three weeks ago to prepare for dire economic and societal effects of the coronavirus, according to a secret recording obtained by NPR.

Burr attended a luncheon held at a social club called the Capitol Hill Club. And he delivered a much more alarming message.

"There's one thing that I can tell you about this: It is much more aggressive in its transmission than anything that we have seen in recent history," he said, according to a secret recording of the remarks obtained by NPR. "It is probably more akin to the 1918 pandemic."

Thirteen days before the State Department began to warn against travel to Europe, and 15 days before the Trump administration banned European travelers, Burr warned those in the room to reconsider.

"Every company should be cognizant of the fact that you may have to alter your travel. You may have to look at your employees and judge whether the trip they're making to Europe is essential or whether it can be done on video conference. Why risk it?" Burr said.

Sixteen days before North Carolina closed its schools over the threat of the coronavirus, Burr warned it could happen.

If the media is blowing it out of proportion, why is the chairman of the intelligence committee warning—weeks ago—how bad things would likely get?

edit on 19-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Good question.

They gain an attempt to stop local economy from tanking is all I can figure.
Maybe to ease panic as well.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand
Just thought I leave you with thisAlaska congressman on Covid-19
Let me know your opinion on Ron Paul’s video also
Ron Paul On Coronavirus being “hoax”

If this was an actual worldwide catastrophe, wouldn’t the worlds governments be working together?

They are.

If you aren't keeping up with MSM (many of you aren't) then you'll have missed a lot of news items about cooperative efforts. They're still scrambling to deal with the home front in each country but in the medical community there's a lot of sharing of information as everyone scrambles to deal with it.

It's not as exciting as (say) sending a division of troops with battleships somewhere or making a big trade agreement. And during a pandemic, you're going to want to keep your resources closer at home for your citizens.

Serious question, here -- what sort of efforts WOULD you expect from the world if the world was hit with a big plague? Sending medical personnel to the plague spot (which removes them from your home and possibly exposes some of them to the disease?) Sending medicines (nobody's got one yet)?

What markers would you look for that indicate a global cooperation to fight this (apparently scientists sharing data and working cooperatively doesn't count for you, though it's a big thing because we need a LOT of brains and lots and lots of labs working on this.)

And trying to stop all the Disinformation and propaganda....

Apparently Russian troll factories are having a good time with this... encouraging people to do stuff that's risky to their health and the health of others.
edit on 19-3-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
For what it's worth, this happened on February 27, the same day Trump held a press conference and said the virus will likely disappear.

Intelligence Chairman Raised Virus Alarms Weeks Ago, Secret Recording Shows

And if you'll recall, this was a great concern before February 27. The official policy of the administration was to downplay it (until the stock market kept crashing and crashing... funny how deaths and serious illness cases don't seem to make a mark but a falling stock market does.)

Sadly, the US seems to be following Italy's pattern... with a 2 week lag. And Italy's a bit more aggressive with quarantining areas than the US is.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
funny how deaths and serious illness cases don't seem to make a mark but a falling stock market does.

...yeah, it was obvious why they brought down the stock market. They needed to make a bigger splash than China Pox was making on it's own.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
They’re lying to us and we don’t know why .,a reply to: Fallingdown

How about this:
Biden is having too much trouble appearing to be a viable candidate on the campaign trail. No way he 'legally' made a clean sweep in so many states. Between the two Dem candidates, Bernie is the one that doesn't appear to be deep into the throws of dementia.

People aren't crying foul; they're too worried about getting sick, and in isolation it's hard to gather and protest what's going on.

Manufactured or not, the economy is tanking, the national debt is growing and Trump will be vilified now matter how it turns out. It's the last chance the Dems have to take control of the country. If it turns out to be a hoax with few deaths, he over reacted; if it's a high death toll, he didn't do enough fast enough. Win/win for the democrats.

Never let a good crisis go to waste.....

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

That’s one possibility .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join