It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy says 99 percent of those who died of Covid-19 had other illnesses

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

I can understand where younger people think this is overblown and no big deal.

Remember nearly every world leader/President/Prime Minister/etc. is a senior citizen. Even our Presidential candidates: Biden is 79 with additional health problems, as is Sanders. Sanders had a recent heart attack and Biden has had brain aneurysms and brain surgery.
Look at congress and most world governmental bodies, most if them are over 65 and my bet is a nice majority have other health issues.

With age comes a greater capacity for knowledge?

And experience has to be earned ......it cannot be learned?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Remember nearly every world leader/President/Prime Minister/etc. is a senior citizen. Even our Presidential candidates: Biden is 79 with additional health problems, as is Sanders. Sanders had a recent heart attack and Biden has had brain aneurysms and brain surgery.
Look at congress and most world governmental bodies, most if them are over 65 and my bet is a nice majority have other health issues.

I used to teach about Aging in Univ (I taught PSY and "womb to tomb" classes). There is an increase in experience as one ages. Capacity for knowledge, not really, that remains the same and then begins decline as one's health declines. Once you see real health declines due to age, cognition starts to decline. Surgeries in the Senior years also slightly accelerate intellectual decline, it has to do with the anesthesia. After the age of 80 natural cognitive decline slowly sets in for even the healthiest.
I really think we in the US should have a mandatory retirement age of 80 for all Congresspeople and Senators and all elected officials - no one over the age of 80 should be in a position of governmental influence, in my opinion.

Actually to be safe because health declines begin much earlier in many many people, the mandatory retirement age for government officials should be around 75 for the safety of society.

What people do gain with age is "godfather" like influence if their cognition remains decent. Therefore, they accumulate power and influence. Particularly if they are powerful, their power grows. As their natural cognitive decline begins, they can be very dangerous to society. We see this in people like Pelosi who, if you listen to her talk off the script, shows clear symptoms of cognitive decline.

Sorry with age comes a greater ability to have accumulated power, not knowledge. Hate to say it since I am in my 60's.

I keep in weekly contact with many friends who are/were VERY intelligent. This is obvious as they age. Somewhere after 75 and definitely by 80, they begin cognitive decline that is noticeable,
I will too.

So many world leaders who are way too old to be trusted are only effective if they surround themselves with younger and more mentally flexible minds, and listen to them. Then they can continue on to 80, at which point they actually become a danger to their society as leaders as their cognition naturally declines in observable ways.

Governments are totally freaking out around the world because they are all filled with the very old running them. They don't want to die (of course, no one does). They don't want to die anymore than a 20 year old wants to. This disease if the elderly get its and now it appears elderly males also have an exponentially higher chance of dying from the virus than elderly females.

Who are most of the people who run governments around the world? Those who are probably 1000 times more likely to die from the virus : over 60's increasing exponentially as one ages into their 70's and 80's - and now we know elderly males.

edit on 3/21/20 by The2Billies because: grammar

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Should we have shut down society and destroyed liberty because of seasonal flu in your opinion?

Because this new virus appears no more dangerous than the ones we’ve lived with for the last 100 years.

I always thought it would be bombs that brought about the NWO plans for total control of freedom. Turns out all you need was a good story.

Nothing will ever be the same. The sheep are so domesticated they’re now wilfully walking straight into the slaughterhouse.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I used to teach about Aging in Univ (I taught PSY and "womb to tomb" classes). There is an increase in experience as one ages. Capacity for knowledge, not really, that remains the same and then begins decline as one's health declines. Once you see real health declines due to age, cognition starts to decline. Surgeries in the Senior years also slightly accelerate intellectual decline, it has to do with the anesthesia. After the age of 80 natural cognitive decline slowly sets in for even the healthiest.
I really think we in the US should have a mandatory retirement age of 80 for all Congresspeople and Senators and all elected officials - no one over the age of 80 should be in a position of governmental influence, in my opinion.

Actually to be safe because health declines begin much earlier in many many people, the mandatory retirement age for government officials should be around 75 for the safety of society.

What people do gain with age is "godfather" like influence if their cognition remains decent. Therefore, they accumulate power and influence. Particularly if they are powerful, their power grows. As their natural cognitive decline begins, they can be very dangerous to society. We see this in people like Pelosi who, if you listen to her talk off the script, shows clear symptoms of cognitive decline.

Sorry with age comes a greater ability to have accumulated power, not knowledge. Hate to say it since I am in my 60's.

I keep in weekly contact with many friends who are/were VERY intelligent. This is obvious as they age. Somewhere after 75 and definitely by 80, they begin cognitive decline that is noticeable,
I will too.

So many world leaders who are way too old to be trusted are only effective if they surround themselves with younger and more mentally flexible minds, and listen to them. Then they can continue on to 80, at which point they actually become a danger to their society as leaders as their cognition naturally declines in observable ways.

Governments are totally freaking out around the world because they are all filled with the very old running them. They don't want to die (of course, no one does). They don't want to die anymore than a 20 year old wants to. This disease if the elderly get its and now it appears elderly males also have an exponentially higher chance of dying from the virus than elderly females.

Who are most of the people who run governments around the world? Those who are probably 1000 times more likely to die from the virus : over 60's increasing exponentially as one ages into their 70's and 80's - and now we know elderly males.

Good post, billies.

I see a lot of situations that involve people who are 75+ with my work.

I can attest that your points about cognitive decline are well founded. I’ve also noted a decline in emotional control.

I wouldn’t say that elderly females are a lot sharper than males though. I agree that females stay sharper longer on a relative basis to males - but that doesn’t mean they’re sharp on an absolute basis. At least in my experience.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

I will too.

Good post, billies.

I see a lot of situations that involve people who are 75+ with my work.

I can attest that your points about cognitive decline are well founded. I’ve also noted a decline in emotional control.

I wouldn’t say that elderly females are a lot sharper than males though. I agree that females stay sharper longer on a relative basis to males - but that doesn’t mean they’re sharp on an absolute basis. At least in my experience.

I agree with you about females. My actual post said that they have found males are more likely to die of coronavirus than females. The cognitive decline is equal. Death rates are not. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: The2Billies

Should we have shut down society and destroyed liberty because of seasonal flu in your opinion?

Because this new virus appears no more dangerous than the ones we’ve lived with for the last 100 years.

I always thought it would be bombs that brought about the NWO plans for total control of freedom. Turns out all you need was a good story.

Nothing will ever be the same. The sheep are so domesticated they’re now wilfully walking straight into the slaughterhouse.

It is GOVERNMENTAL LEADERS who are freaking out, because they are of the age to die from it at an exponentially higher rate than others because they are almost all way too old to even be governing. They have simply amassed power. But if they get it they are such a doddering old bunch, most will likely either die or have severe lung damage that incapacitates them.

But look at Italy and Iran who are digging mass graves because they just treated it like the seasonal flu. In those countries even younger people and a child have died. You don't dig mass graves because of the seasonal flu.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join