It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior Shopping Hours: Walmart, Target, Albertsons and more

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Walmart changed their hours effective today to 7am-8:30pm. Watching that door open at 7 was a sight to behold. There were probably 200 people lined up outside.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Walmart changed their hours effective today to 7am-8:30pm. Watching that door open at 7 was a sight to behold. There were probably 200 people lined up outside.

Thank you! Excellent reminder!!!

I'm not surprised at the line. I tried to make an online pickup order, then a delivery order, and no slots were available for more than a week.

I know they've been advertising for more workers, and I'm assuming for this very reason -- to expand and accommodate the new demand. Safeway also sent me a "we're hiring" notice.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Seeing how many seniors have family or aides that do the shopping for them, especially the most at risk seniors, not sure how much help this really is. Most of my clients could never benefit from such a thing. Those that could are typically in good enough health they would probably survive despite their age.
edit on 3/19/2020 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Seeing how many seniors have family or aides that do the shopping for them, especially the most at risk seniors, not sure how much help this really is.

I have a feeling it's because there are so many seniors that have others helping them that this is possible for those with no one to help them. As well as online ordering for pickup and delivery. Otherwise, it might be too much for the store to offer. When I went to the market Saturday morning before it opened, I chatted with half a dozen other older ladies, a few who were also shopping for other seniors in the apartment complexes but couldn't get out to shop themselves.

There is definitely a segment of seniors that can benefit from this. We're all in different circumstances with different needs.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads-up thread.... announcement

I have a 30 day store of'lockdown' types of emergency foods already

but not enough of the quickly consumed products like Bread & sandwich stuff with a very limited shelf life...so the WalMart seniors hour on Tuesdays will fill a need

I rely on local talk radio for lots of info like the seniors-only-hour...but there was no such announcements to the listener audience....
I hope that the Walmart grocery at 7AM and 12 blocks away is not overly crowded or under a storm cloud & raining or I will be hunkering for another week with no quickie foods or cream-for-the-coffee

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

You're welcome -- and good luck!

I've started listening to daytime radio again as well. And I hadn't heard anything about this either. My local coverage is more national and international coverage lately. It's very disappointing. I'm so very frustrated about how this being covered in general.

Too much hype... too little practical and helpful information.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Latest Walmart store changes: operating hours, special shopping hours, item limitations and more

Walmart U.S. stores will adjust operating hours to 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Stores that open later than 7 a.m. will continue their regular starting hours.

From March 24 through April 28, Walmart stores will host an hour-long senior shopping event every Tuesday for customers aged 60 and older.

This will start one hour before the store opens. Our Pharmacies and Vision Centers will also be open during this time.

So, the senior hours will be 6:00 am to 7:00 am at most stores. Folks might want to check their store's hours though, since there's a good chance every store's hours have changed.

Walmart stores will have limits for customers in certain categories including paper products, milk, eggs, cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, water, diapers, wipes, formula, and baby food.

This should stop the hoarding, and I hope it means stocks will return to normal soon.

Walmart stores will temporarily shut down our Auto Care Centers to allow those associates to focus on stocking and cleaning in the rest of the store.

Also, Vision Centers will operate on a normal schedule, providing essential services only such as glasses repair and helping customers pick up existing orders.

Most important:

Let’s all take care of each other out there.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

One hour for the elderly and infirm is f'ing pathetic. They should get at least a two-hour window.

Just shows you how blind and uncaring big business is.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'm waiting on Costco to do the same so I can buy TP!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

One hour for the elderly and infirm is f'ing pathetic. They should get at least a two-hour window.

Just shows you how blind and uncaring big business is.

Let's give them a chance to work out the glitches and I'll bet we some changes to match the reality. Businesses have practical concerns as well to consider, and have to balance everyone's needs. We will probably see some stores lengthen the hours where there is enough demand to warrant it. We could also see some stores designate a second day for senior shopping. We might see them expand online ordering, perhaps telephone orders, perhaps even on the spot personal shoppers for shorter lists -- Express Personal Shoppers if you will.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This isn't exactly on-topic... but I don't think it's exactly off-topic either:

Here's the difference between an essential business and a nonessential business as states and cities announce coronavirus-related closures
Probably the greatest concern I've seen expressed in regards to lockdowns and shelter-in-place orders, is what will be open to the public, and who will still be working and who won't.

Technically, it's up to cities and states to decide, but there are some businesses that are universally considered to be essential. These include:
~ Supermarkets and grocery stores
~ Big-box stores
~ Pharmacies
~ Convenience stores and discount stores
~ Garbage collection
~ Healthcare operations
~ Daycare centers
~ Hardware stores
~ Gas stations and auto repair shops
~ Banks
~ Post offices and shipping businesses
~ Laundromats and dry cleaners
~ Veterinary clinics and pet stores

So this will of course be good news for some and not so good news for others. I wish all good luck and the brightest blessings.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I wonder what would happen if a 16 year old transager (just made that up) parked in the handicapped spot and walked in, claiming to be a senior citizen.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Great decisions on your part... Old people in their 80's and 90's tell the best stories. My grandmother is 95 and getting to the point where she doesn't know my aunt and mom when they go see her. She usually lives with my aunt for 3 months and then my parents for 3 months but her health is really deteriorating and the last time she told me a story, she said my dad was giving a speech on America in front of a crowd and was so nervous he started puking on everyone and barely missed the Queen. Bless her heart. I already miss her stories of WWII. I've done a lot of shopping and errands for her, especially when I was in my 20's and 30's. Good for you though, man, I'm glad there are still people out there willing to sacrifice a little bit to spend time with, and help seniors.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

AKA wear a mask and wash your hands.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

All people who should be WORSHIPPED for doing their jobs and risking their lives for a public and corporations who use and abuse them. At risk people should not be in any stores right now, healthy people should be picking up the slack and doing for these poor elders who have had such a hard time.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

Yup -- these are the people that keep the wheels turning for the rest of us, in good times and bad, and the downright fugly like now. Our family, friends, neighbors...

And some of our ATSers are themselves counted among this list. A BIG THANK YOU to them all!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thank a trucker.

Many states are closing rest stops because of coronavirus leaving truckers no place to take restroom breaks.
And a lot of places truckers eat when on the road are also closed.

Without truckers a lot more stores would be out of everything.
edit on 19-3-2020 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Truckers are definitely on the list!

Someone posted a thread recently about the difficulties and tough positions truck drivers are finding themselves in. I hope folks get that figured out real quick.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join