It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Absolute Power of Christianity!

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
hold on a second

we were talking about physics in those posts

my more recent post was strictly about christianity being a conspiracy to control large groups of people.

JJ, i think you're misinterpreting my posts.

my main point, what better way to control people than christianity?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think I need to meditate a bit more and think a bit less.

Did anyone need to talk to you about me, or did you research the subject yourself?

My goodness, acceptance can be a positive and a negative.[/ Eyes open]

*Tries to close eyes*

Hears soft music playing - thanks God and gives Satan a pat on the back.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
simon, exactly what was that?
seriously, that doesn't contribute anything to this thread...

[edit on 13-12-2005 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
my main point, what better way to control people than christianity?

Better ways to control people, lesson 1:

1.) A good start would be to make government the religion, not something like Christianity. Christianity has its own set of rules, sometimes contradictory to the law of the land. For example, in the "good" ole USA, we have this thing called "careful what you say or you'll get sued" which is in conflict to Jesus' command in Matthew 28:16. A more palatable religion would something like Patriotism, a nationalistic pride and arrogance that is in 100% agreement with the law of the land.

2.) The Book that Christianity is based on offers a personal relationship with God. Therefore no mediators, dictators, lawmakers needed as in-betweens. It's really hard to control people when you tell them to talk it over with God as far as what's right and listen to what He has to say in His word.

3.) Commercialization is a much better "mind control" mechanism. Charge for Hedonism and you'll be rich, famous, powerful and be able to afford others to do your bidding.

4.) Rule by force. This one is a classic. Fear, intimidation, paranoia and ignorance are traditional weapons of the ancient world as well as modern times. The Enemy knows how to use them and those seeking his council on how to use them will be directed. Be warned, though highly effective, aligning yourself as an enemy of God is dangerous.

5.) If you want to "mind control" people, don't tell them to go around loving your neighbors and your enemies like this, "But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" (Matthew 5:43) and "Love your neighbor as yourself" (Matthew 22:39). Effective mind control requires a hate for and separation from the rest of the legitamate world. By isolating your followers, they're able to be "re-educated" in the manner of propaganda you choose, along with those funky hypnotic videos like Teletubbies or Baby Bach:

For more tips on mind control, tune in next week same time, same channel.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
saint, your 4th way is what i'm saying the perversion of christian beliefs has become. fear of retribution/uncertainty, paranoia about satan and sin, ignorance about many things inside the bible, these all play a fundemental role in most fundamentalist versions of christianity.

also, the bible offers guidlines for this relationship claiming to be the ONLY way, and that is a form of control.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Who FORCES you to go to church, or read the Bible, or pray to God?

also, the bible offers guidlines for this relationship claiming to be the ONLY way, and that is a form of control.

Telling someone to go and have a relationship with their God is control? That's like opening a cage for a bird and telling it to fly away, thereby having control somehow. I fail to follow how releasing someone from the confines of this world and rulership thereof is "control".

[edit on 15-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
saying that jesus is the only way to salvation isn't the equivalent of letting a bird out of a cage. there are many paths to enlightenment, it's just straight up ignorant when you take one religion and say it has some sort of absolute power.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

saying that jesus is the only way to salvation isn't the equivalent of letting a bird out of a cage. there are many paths to enlightenment, it's just straight up ignorant when you take one religion and say it has some sort of absolute power.

I never said religion has absolute power... nor have I heard any believer say that here. We're saying God alone has the power and through His son offers the free gift of eternal life. That's more powerful than anything I can possibly conceive. I can't earn it, I don't deserve it, but I know I have it and receive it gladly. We're simply trying to share that gift with others. If anyone wants this gift, feel free to U2U me.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
why can you not earn it? why would any divine being create free will if we can't use it to earn salvation? what if i were to cure aids, cancer, the common cold, create world peace and end world hunger? what about those born before jesus?
the burden of proof for salvation through jesus/god and jesus/god alone has not been met.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

why can you not earn it?

Suppose I worked at a spring water bottling factory. I made a bottle of spring water for you to have and give it to you. Then I were to say, "Oh, by the way, there was a sewer pipe burst at the plant and a few drops of sewer water got into it, but go ahead, I'm sure it's only a few drops." Would you find that bottle of spring water acceptable to drink?

why would any divine being create free will if we can't use it to earn salvation?

Our will is used to choose to love God or to not love him. God isn't going to ask our works to stay with Him in heaven and get rid of us. He cares about our presence there.

what if i were to cure aids, cancer, the common cold, create world peace and end world hunger?

Well done, but see example above.

what about those born before jesus?

God, being just, will exercise His judgement before them. Before Jesus, people had to make sacrifices. These sacrifices when given with the right heart were acceptable, but on the whole "We all like sheep have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way..." (Isaiah 53:6) so Jesus pays the ultimate sacrifice, "...and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all." That means, "Believe (trust) in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved..." (Acts 16:31) No more sacrifices, the debt is paid in full. Accepting his sacrifice for our wrongs, means a whole lot more than anything we could do to redeem ourselves.

the burden of proof for salvation through jesus/god and jesus/god alone has not been met.

It has for me. It hasn't for you? I can walk you through how this is done if you like by U2U, I don't want to steer or inflate the thread with personal discussion.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   

why can you not earn it? why would any divine being create free will if we can't use it to earn salvation? what if i were to cure aids, cancer, the common cold, create world peace and end world hunger? what about those born before jesus?

Originally, we didn't need salvation when God created humanity. It was when we, as a race, disregarded God and chose to reject His rule for Satan's that salvation became an issue. If you were to cure aids, cancer, the common cold, end world hunger and create world peace, would that make up for any mistakes you've made? The epitome of perfection cannot abide imperfection. Would doing those acts make you perfect?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
when did we chose satan over god? heck, when did god create us? last time i checked the theory of evolution was scientificly sound enough to allow for humans through natural selection. but lets save that discussion for the origins board.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

when did we chose satan over god?

Satan gave us bad advice on how to "be like gods" and we followed it. Does that make someone a follower of Satan? I contend that makes a person a follower of themselves, which is worshipping the wrong god.

heck, when did god create us?

A few days after the beginning.

last time i checked the theory of evolution was scientificly sound enough to allow for humans through natural selection. but lets save that discussion for the origins board.

My advice would be to check again, and totally agree that it would be better suited there.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
now you're declaring that the serpent in the garden was satan, a common theological mistake. satan is a scapegoat, a nonexistent scapegoat. also, since when did we have to pay for the sins of another? i didn't chose any forbidden fruit that could make me like a god. so why am i damned without god?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

now you're declaring that the serpent in the garden was satan, a common theological mistake. satan is a scapegoat, a nonexistent scapegoat. also, since when did we have to pay for the sins of another? i didn't chose any forbidden fruit that could make me like a god. so why am i damned without god?

You're saying you would've obeyed God?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
um, if i had been in that situation, yes, but since that's just a fictional story....

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

um, if i had been in that situation, yes,

Then why aren't you obeying him now?

but since that's just a fictional story....

I suppose I'm a figment of your imagination too, yes? After all, all I am is just print, right? Surely I cannot be real...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
i assume its fiction because it contradicts all logical reason. day and night are created before the sun and the moon. it just doesn't make sense. also, there are 2 seperate accounts of creation, not 1 with an adam and eve subplot.

in genesis 1 god creates men and women at the same time

in genesis 2 god creates a man, adam, and then when he can't make a good enough playmate for adam he creates woman, eve.

they're 2 seperate stories. the first 2 chapters of the bible contradict each other. if the first 2 chapters of a harry potter book contradicted each other it wouldn't be published, but its okay for the bible...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Actually chapter 1 is the creation of the universe. Chapter 2 is the Garden of Eden, an experiment that represents humanity. After Adam and Eve are banished, they go to lands and cities. You cannot have other lands and cities if they were the only ones can you?

As far as light before the sun, I guess you'd be right if your god is the sun. Same with the moon. If your goddess is the moon, this would make no sense.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
wait, how is there light without any lightsources? i mean the passage of time, how do you mark day or night without any lightsources?

and would the earth just be floating there, not orbiting anything?

new topics

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join