It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Absolute Power of Christianity!

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugm84
Back on those 10 Commandments on display, how dare we offend all those criminals and lawyers with thou shalt not steal, murder, commit adultery, bear false witness.

Even if we wish to simply look away from the 7 stupid commandments out of the 10 (our laws generally recognize only theft, murder, and false witness out of the 10), number 10 legitimizes slavery and has no place in a free society regardless of the rest of the religious nonsense.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
if The Prophet of Allah said

Who?

that the punishment for your sins is equal to your sins, then how can one have an infinite punishment?

So you're saying his words is > than the Son of God?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
Even if we wish to simply look away from the 7 stupid commandments

I hope judgement doesn't fall upon you as heavily as your judgement falls upon God's laws.

Originally posted by spamandham
out of the 10 (our laws generally recognize only theft, murder, and false witness out of the 10), number 10 legitimizes slavery and has no place in a free society regardless of the rest of the religious nonsense.

Please don't tell me you don't understand what slavery was in Biblical times spamandham. Please log out of thebiblesucks.com for a second so we can talk. I KNOW you had a Christian history, and mostly likely already addressed the questions and arguments that you bring up here. If you have one that you honestly don't understand and are open-minded (and open-hearted) enough to truly seek the answer I'll do my best to help.

[edit on 7-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
my point in using a quote from the prophet mohammed was to show that you just can't use biblical scripture to support your case.

i see many flaws in the bible (5020 to be exact), and its unproven. there's nothing better about the bible than the quran. it's a piece of literature to be interpreted (unless you think jonah could somehow stop the sun from moving in the sky)

since you can't prove the bible is true, don't cite it as fact

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

my point in using a quote from the prophet mohammed was to show that you just can't use biblical scripture to support your case.

I sure can, and in fact did. It may not be convincing to you, but that does not make it illegitimate.

i see many flaws in the bible (5020 to be exact),

Are you sure it's the Bible that has the flaws?

and its unproven.

Actually it has been proven, just not by you.

there's nothing better about the bible than the quran. it's a piece of literature to be interpreted (unless you think jonah could somehow stop the sun from moving in the sky)

Because I cannot prove you to it isn't true, then it isn't fact? Here's a fact. I care about your spiritual well-being. How do you propose I prove that do you?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

I sure can, and in fact did. It may not be convincing to you, but that does not make it illegitimate.

i see many flaws in the bible (5020 to be exact),

Are you sure it's the Bible that has the flaws?

and its unproven.

Actually it has been proven, just not by you.

there's nothing better about the bible than the quran. it's a piece of literature to be interpreted (unless you think jonah could somehow stop the sun from moving in the sky)

Because I cannot prove you to it isn't true, then it isn't fact? Here's a fact. I care about your spiritual well-being. How do you propose I prove that do you?

here are examples of the flaws in the bible, a lot, and if you can tell me that these aren't flaws than you are either blinded by faith, or accepting blatently immoral things

[/url]Injustice in the Bible

Absurdities

Cruelty and Violence

Intolerence

Contradictions

"Family Values"

Women

"science" in the bible

False Prophecies, Broken Promises, and Misquotes

Interpretations

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

you just called me flawed, that hurts...

Are you saying you're not flawed?

here are examples of the flaws in the bible, a lot, and if you can tell me that these aren't flaws than you are either blinded by faith, or accepting blatently immoral things

Duplicate post, you've already posted this on The Anti-Christian Conspiracy, Page 61. Already addressed over there.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
So sick of these conversations ... so funny I say random ... Just BS ... and people take it serious .. WoW ... ... WoW .... WoW... WoW... WoW.... WoW .... I bet if someone said som erandom retarded stuff ... that you guys woujld actually think it was true ... I think I have another thread going about Natural Instincts ... Well you guys just need COMMON SENSE

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5Lostboy5
I bet if someone said som erandom retarded stuff ... that you guys woujld actually think it was true

I don't think what you've said is true here...so there goes that theory.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Saint4god ... Yeah .. Besides .. you and Valhall .. and LadyV .. if she is still around here .. haven't seen her .. But I am sure she is ... and there are a couple of others ... that .. are amazing .. but for the most part ... I was glad to be away from here for a month or two .. anyways ...

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
you never replied to those flaws, it doesn't matter if you've done it before, i want to see your replies. i've repeatedly had to explain why i "turned away" from christianity, so you won't be to burdened to prove that the flaws in the bible mentioned in those links do not take away from "the absolute power of christianity"

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

you never replied to those flaws, it doesn't matter if you've done it before, i want to see your replies. i've repeatedly had to explain why i "turned away" from christianity, so you won't be to burdened to prove that the flaws in the bible mentioned in those links do not take away from "the absolute power of christianity"

I replied, sorry if I was a little slow. See other thread.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
why do people think that god is on the side of christianity?
why can't god be on the side of islam?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

It would seem it is because they are conditioned to think so. There are more than 6 000 000 000 people on this earth, and quite obviously there will be a variation in thoughts between people.

He may very well be.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Might I make a suggestion? Well, I will regardless of the answer... so bear with me please.

Rather than approach your care from a Christian perspective, perhaps you should find a manner to approach your care for his spiritual wellbeing that coincides to his own path of enlightenment and communion with our Creator Being.

As you and I discussed before, Saint, the Book is not the way for everyone... just as christianity is also not the way for everyone. We can all meet at the summit, provided we can get there together. However you reach enlightenment isn't important... I think it is a noble thing to try and help others to step onto the path to the summit, yet always remember that you cannot guide them if they do not wish for guidance.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Hmm. Since you cannot "PROVE" anything... perhaps none of us should talk.

The bible is as good a point of reference as any, flaws and all. Don't discount it merely because it is flawed, it has valuable parts and portions.

as for "PROOF", why is it important to prove things about the bible? Examine a thing for what it is, not what you wish it to be. If you see the bible as a collection of stories, examine it as THAT. If you see it as a spiritual guide, examine it as THAT.

On the other hand of the matter, there are quite a few things biblically which didn't exist prior to cannonization, as well as a number of things added onto the religion over time. True? False? If it's false, it doesn't matter what *I* say or think. If it's TRUE though...

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Comment: I don't think God is entirely on anyones side, I think humas are just fools.

Einstein: "There are two things that are infinite; the universe, and mankind's foolishness. And I am not entirely certain about the universe."

You do pique my curiousity... I find myself wondering what things could be so painful or upsetting to you and SpamandHam that would turn you from your beliefs. Perhaps rather than exploring the issues you have found since losing faith, we should explore the things which initially caused the lack of it.

I personally would love to converse on such things, though I am uncertain how willing others might be.

I wonder, do you ever WANT to believe anymore? Much like a child whose innocence has been torn away?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
sword, my faith wasn't ripped away from me. it just lifted off of me like a heavy burden. i felt an amazing state of calm and clarity after my decision. i noticed the fear structure implimented in almost all religions, and i felt like i didn't want to be a sheep following over 2000 years of brainwashing. i decided to go agnostic until i found what religion was right for me, and then i stumbled upon theravada buddhism. knowing what i do now, about the hypocricies/inaccuracies/flaws in the bible and the way power is maintained in christianity, i'm never going back.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well, alright. I can accept that. However, are the practices and sanctioned beliefs of the christian church and it's followers part of the reason that you felt that burden lifted? What exactly was burdening you down about the faith in and of itself? You must have felt badly about some portions for you to find yourself seeking another religion.

I guess what I am driving at is what were the upsetting parts of your faith that drove you to cast it off of you and persue Theravada Buddhism?

And, for that matter, what has Buddhism given you which you did not find in Christian belief?

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrystalSword
Well, alright. I can accept that. However, are the practices and sanctioned beliefs of the christian church and it's followers part of the reason that you felt that burden lifted? What exactly was burdening you down about the faith in and of itself? You must have felt badly about some portions for you to find yourself seeking another religion.

I guess what I am driving at is what were the upsetting parts of your faith that drove you to cast it off of you and persue Theravada Buddhism?

And, for that matter, what has Buddhism given you which you did not find in Christian belief?

the upsetting parts were the hypocricy and straight up stupidity of the most fundamental supporters of christianity, the fact that the bible really needs to be abridged (way too much filler), the problems i have with much of the text in the bible, and having some sort of omnipotent, omniscient being at the center of a religion to use as a crutch against fear and uncertainty.

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join